OT: Polydactyl kitty, wifie did it again.

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
J Miller
Member Emeritus

OT: Polydactyl kitty, wifie did it again.

Post by J Miller »

OK, this is a happy thread. I say so ... OK.

In the last 2 months we've lost two of our kitties. One to some sort of tumor that grew around his lungs and choked him to death, and the other, our resident feral, that just died in the basement. No idea why.
So, I says to my wife .... "NO MORE REPLACEMENT KITTIES!".
She says ... "OK".
I didn't believe her. Good thing too.
Yesterday she brought home an abandoned kitty. But this one is different. She's Polydactyl.
From Wikipedia: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Polydactyl_cat
Polydactil 6 web_10-15-10.JPG
I've seen a few over the years, but never had one. This one has 24 toes. 7 on each front paw, and 5 on each rear. Normal kitties have 5 on the front and 4 on the rear for 18 total. She really looks goofy. But, she's very friendly and people oriented. Plus she's box trained and for the most part well behaved.

I said, No More Cats. You see what I'm living with? I get no respect, none at all.

OK, wife said she'd take her to a shelter or find her a home.
Do I believe that? Yeah, about like I believe we're gonna hit the big lotto tonight.

Anybody want a really sweet, kind of different kitty? Free to a good home, and I'm serious about this.

Joe
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
***Be sneaky, get closer, bust the cap on him when you can put the ball where it counts ;) .***
dr walker
Senior Levergunner

Re: OT: Polydactyl kitty, wifie did it again.

Post by dr walker »

That is a whole lot a toes. So what did ya name the new cat?
J Miller
Member Emeritus

Post by J Miller »

dr walker wrote:That is a whole lot a toes. So what did ya name the new cat?
Polly .... :roll: I know, I got no imagination.

Joe
***Be sneaky, get closer, bust the cap on him when you can put the ball where it counts ;) .***
Lobo
Member Emeritus

Post by Lobo »

Joe,

Just get used to her, the polydactyl (named Sasquatch) I had lived almost fifteen years. :mrgreen:
Lobo in West Virginia
Old List Veteran..Five Years..Five Hundred Posts
Cast Bullet Hunter
Levergunner 2.0

Post by Cast Bullet Hunter »

About 25 years ago we had a polydactyl Tabby that had either 27 or 28 total, 9 on the left fore as I recall. My son named him Feets. Unfortunately he just died one night when he was about three.
jlchucker
Levergunner 3.0

Post by jlchucker »

I used to have one--a big ol' orange boy I got at the Humane Society Shelter. He was friendly to everyone and everything (except the wild game he'd find out in the Christmas tree farm out back. He'd come to his name when called, and once, when I was coming back from grouse hunting through that tree farm on my way home, I flushed a small deer. It no sooner started running than out of the bushes came Ol' Tuffy, chasing right after it. I wonder what he'd have done if he actually caught it? Polydactyl cats are great pets, and smarter than most other cats IMO. Joe, you need this little guy.
J Miller
Member Emeritus

Post by J Miller »

"Polly" got her ears cleaned and dosed with ear mite meds, and flea drops this morning.
That should make her more adoptable.

Joe
Thunder50
Senior Levergunner

Post by Thunder50 »

Got one that wandered in. Had my 22 sights on it, but just couldn't. Comes around to eat, little TLC and a snort or two of catnip. Otherwise, stays down in the shed. Has 6 toes on all feet. Just called him "Kit", short for kitten.
The meek shall inherit the earth, but I reserve the mineral rights!
All the knowledge in the world, is of no use to fools! (Eagles-long road out of Eden)