Want a Guide Gun In 45-90?

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
slimster
Levergunner 3.0

Want a Guide Gun In 45-90?

Post by slimster »

Found this really interesting thread on another board and figured some of y'all might like it. http://shootersforum.com/showthread.htm?t=66362 Apparently DRC can make the 45-90 work in the later model 336 based 1895 action! :o :shock:
olyinaz
Advanced Levergunner

Re: Want a Guide Gun In 45-90?

Post by olyinaz »

That's very interesting but it seems like little more than a conversation piece no? The Marlin's action limits how strong you can load up .45-70s vs. case capacity no?'

Just asking.

Best,
Oly
Cheers,
Oly

I hope and pray someday the world will learn
That fires we don't put out will bigger burn

Johnny Wright
jeepnik
Advanced Levergunner

Post by jeepnik »

olyinaz wrote:That's very interesting but it seems like little more than a conversation piece no? The Marlin's action limits how strong you can load up .45-70s vs. case capacity no?'

Just asking.

Best,
Oly
The Marlin action is actually quite robust. Take a look at the Buffalo Bore or Garrett stuff, and it's plenty safe in the new 1895's. Tough on the shooter, trust me, I know, but quite safe. I haven't checked it out, but I imagine they are pushing the OCL for the action when they chamber it in 45-90.
Jeepnik AKA "Old Eyes"
"Go low, go slow and preferably in the dark" The old Sarge (he was maybe 24.
"Freedom is never more that a generation from extinction" Ronald Reagan
"Every man should have at least one good rifle and know how to use it" Dad
Blaine
Posting leader...

Post by Blaine »

If I ever do a .50, it'll be on the 1886 (if I keep it). It's heavier and seems to be set up for recoil better. Even with the metal buttplate, it does not kick as bad as the Guide Gun, or Cowboy.
The Rotten Fruit Always Hits The Ground First

Proud Life Member Of:
NRA
Second Amendment Foundation
Citizens Committee For The Right To Keep And Bear Arms
DAV