.307 & .356 Win

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
dandee
Levergunner

.307 & .356 Win

Post by dandee »

Has anyone tried Hornady's flex tip bullets in the win 94 big bores and your input. Thanks Dan
BenT
Advanced Levergunner

Re: .307 & .356 Win

Post by BenT »

Not yet , but I will once I can get some of the new Lever Evoulution powder when it comes out .I will be doing some load development with the FTX bullets. My 356 seems to shoot most loads great , but I haven't found the accuracy load for the 307 yet.
buckeyeshooter
Senior Levergunner

Post by buckeyeshooter »

I bought a 308 me and tried the gummies last year. They blow up like varmit bullets on shoulder shots under 75 yards. No way I would use them in my .307 big bore. If fact, this year --like saturday -- I'll be waiting to shoot a der with the 308me with my .307 bullet --a 150 grain barnes X flatnose. No way they break up. My advice-- unless you shoot over 100 yards without exception, ditch the gummies!
O.S.O.K.
Advanced Levergunner

Post by O.S.O.K. »

Solution searching for a problem IMHO.

I like the Speer flat nosed bullets just fine. I would like a good 240 or 250 .358 flat nosed though...

And I guess that Speer has discontinued the hot core and now it's deep curl...

But I'd be happy with Hornady or Sierra FN's too.
NRA Endowment Life
Phi Kappa Sigma, Alpha Phi 83 "Skulls"
OCS, 120th MP Battalion, MSSG
MOLON LABE!