Formal Introduction Hello

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
Rube Burrows
Advanced Levergunner

Formal Introduction Hello

Post by Rube Burrows »

Hello. I have been here for a little while now but thought I would take the time to introduce myself. The name is Joey, Im 31 years old father of a 10 year old girl and 9 year old boy and live in south Louisiana. Im a Real Estate Appraiser and gun lover. I have always been a fan of the lever gun and guns in general. For years growing up I used a Winchester 94 to hunt with. In the last 7-10 years I got away from the lever guns and started using high dollar bolt and semi auto guns with high dollar scopes....and lots of other things. Basically, without realizing it I sort of sucked all the fun out of hunting. The stuff I was carrying was heavy, expensive and gave me every advantage while in the field....but at the expense of my fun. It took me a while to realize this though. I still have all of those guns....and dont plan on selling them. I still have a love for all guns.

This year though I decided to take it back to my fondest memories of hunting. Me and a lever gun. My memories include me hunting with my father, grandpa and others using one of the old Winchesters. Killed my first deer with a Winchester 94. Those were good times. Hunting season is among us now and I will be taking out one of my trusty Winchester 94s for most of my hunts this year. Dont know how well I will do but I know I will be there in the woods just enjoying myself and showing my son what its like to hunt much like they did for many generations before him. I even plan to let him (9 year old) carry with me one of my 1892 copies in .357mag.

I have met some pretty nice and helpful people here who have talked to me and helped me with different questions I may have had. I found this board to be full of nice people because other boards that I have been on have been more geared towards only the much older rifles and not so helpful for Post 64 Winchesters and others. Thanks for that.

Here are a few of my other lever guns that I have pics of. One of these days I will make my way to the back of my safe and take some pics of the others. I dont have any really rifles. My dad has his dads and one day those will be mine....but im in no rush.

Well if you took the time to read that.....then thanks and Hello.
spaceman spiff
Levergunner 3.0

Re: Formal Introduction Hello

Post by spaceman spiff »

Welcome! Nice collection! :mrgreen:

spaceman
I didn't fail the test, I just found 100 ways to do it wrong.

Benjamin Franklin
iceman
Senior Levergunner

Post by iceman »

Nice collection!! Happy hunting with your son, time well spent and always remembered.
Happiness is a comfortable stump on a sunny south facing mountain.
Chuck 100 yd
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Chuck 100 yd »

Very nice collection! good photos also. Welcome again if I missed you the first time. :wink:
Rube Burrows
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Rube Burrows »

Chuck 100 yd wrote:Very nice collection! good photos also. Welcome again if I missed you the first time. :wink:

Thanks for the welcome everyone. I never really introduced myself before. That is why I took the time to do so now. I have a few threads for a couple projects im working right now but never did the intro thing.
pwl44m
Advanced Levergunner

Post by pwl44m »

Welcome and Nice Stable,Winchesters and a couple Marlins in the Mix. U should fit in quite Nice here. They caint HOLLER at U for Pics now.
Perry in Bangor----++++===Calif
Rube Burrows
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Rube Burrows »

iceman wrote:Nice collection!! Happy hunting with your son, time well spent and always remembered.

I agree. We have been hunting for most of his life now. He has killed lots of rabbits and squirrel. He even got him a pretty nice (and fat) fox last year in north Alabama on my dads property.

Been trying to get him a hog in Honey Island Swamp here in south Louisiana. Maybe this year he will get one.
JReed
Advanced Levergunner

Post by JReed »

Now That! Is an introduction :D

Good to have you here Joey. I have 2 kids both boys 11 and 9 I take them both out as often as I can. Love the colection of shooters.
Jeremy
GySgt USMC Ret

To err is human, To forgive is devine, Neither of which is Marine Corps policy
Semper Fidelis
kimwcook
Advanced Levergunner

Post by kimwcook »

JReed wrote:Now That! Is an introduction
Boy Howdy, I'll say. Introductions have taken on a whole new level. Any new additionals will have a high road to follow.
Old Law Dawg
AJMD429
Posting leader...

Post by AJMD429 »

Rube Burrows wrote:I have met some pretty nice and helpful people here who have talked to me and helped me with different questions I may have had. I found this board to be full of nice people because other boards that I have been on have been more geared towards only the much older rifles and not so helpful for Post 64 Winchesters and others. Thanks for that.
Well, they even let me on here always going on and on about my Ruger 96's, so they're not too snooty, and when it comes to 'questions', I've come up with some pretty dumb ones, and they don't laugh.

Well, not much, anyway... :oops: :wink:
Doctors for Sensible Gun Laws
"first do no harm" - gun control LAWS lead to far more deaths than 'easy access' ever could.

Want REAL change? . . . . . "Boortz/Nugent in 2012 . . . ! "
Rube Burrows
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Rube Burrows »

AJMD429 wrote:
Rube Burrows wrote:I have met some pretty nice and helpful people here who have talked to me and helped me with different questions I may have had. I found this board to be full of nice people because other boards that I have been on have been more geared towards only the much older rifles and not so helpful for Post 64 Winchesters and others. Thanks for that.
Well, they even let me on here always going on and on about my Ruger 96's, so they're not too snooty, and when it comes to 'questions', I've come up with some pretty dumb ones, and they don't laugh.

Well, not much, anyway... :oops: :wink:

Well its def. hard to beat that then.
Rube Burrows
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Rube Burrows »

Thanks JReed and kimwcook
Hagler
Senior Levergunner

Post by Hagler »

Joey,

Which part of Louisiana is your home? It sounds like I am not far from you.

Shawn
"That's right, Billy, I'm good with it. I hit what I shoot at, and I'm fast!"-Lucas McCain, c1882.
ImageImage
Rube Burrows
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Rube Burrows »

Hagler wrote:Joey,

Shawn

I am living in the Slidell/Pearl River area. Where are you at?
olyinaz
Advanced Levergunner

Post by olyinaz »

Great photos and HELLO! Thanks for joining up!

Cheers,
Oly
Cheers,
Oly

I hope and pray someday the world will learn
That fires we don't put out will bigger burn

Johnny Wright
Hagler
Senior Levergunner

Post by Hagler »

Joey,

I am in Lacombe, very close to Slidell, just off of Highway 190 (Gause) @ the Flea Market. I am so close to Slidell that some people have told me that Slidell is just across the street.

Shawn
"That's right, Billy, I'm good with it. I hit what I shoot at, and I'm fast!"-Lucas McCain, c1882.
ImageImage
Old Savage
Posting leader...

Post by Old Savage »

Hello Joey, it is clear you belong here. I spent some time in 71 at Fort Polk and in Lake Charles. Met a couple of girls named Misty and Windy with a convertible.
In the High Desert of Southern Calif. ..."on the cutting edge of going back in time"...

Rube Burrows
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Rube Burrows »

I am in Lacombe, very close to Slidell, just off of Highway 190 (Gause) @ the Flea Market. I am so close to Slidell that some people have told me that Slidell is just across the street.

Shawn

When I was not living in Alabama I actually lived in Pine Grove which is right there by the flea market. Small world.
dr walker
Senior Levergunner

Post by dr walker »

Welcome to the forum. Nice rifles. Glad to see you get the boy out to hunt.Good job.
Borregos
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Borregos »

Welcome :D :D
Thanks for posting the pictures, nice collection :D :D
Pete
Sometimes I wonder if it is worthwhile gnawing through the leather straps to get up in the morning..................
damienph
Senior Levergunner

Post by damienph »

Rube Burrows wrote:

Shawn

Joey:

Nice collection of leverguns! I especially like your octagonal barrelled 94. Most of my family is in south Louisiana. My mother and older sister live in Abbeville, Vermilion Parish; my oldest sister lives in Baton Rouge.

I don't get down often enough, I really miss the food.
Rube Burrows
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Rube Burrows »

damienph wrote:
Rube Burrows wrote:

Shawn

Joey:

Nice collection of leverguns! I especially like your octagonal barrelled 94. Most of my family is in south Louisiana. My mother and older sister live in Abbeville, Vermilion Parish; my oldest sister lives in Baton Rouge.

I don't get down often enough, I really miss the food.
The Octagon Barrel is a 92.....its actually an EMF Hartford 92 copy. Im building me a nice Winchester 94 with a 26" Octagon barrel in 38-55 though. :D

Im sure you do miss the food. At least you have huge deer in Kansas....if you hunt.
damienph
Senior Levergunner

Post by damienph »

At first glance it looked like my M94 Classic. My youngest sister (also lives in Kansas) was in Abbeville for the Omlette Festival recently and brought back some Boudin and a big bag of cracklin'... Man, that was good!

What I miss most about Louisiana is duck hunting with my Dad near Pecan Island and Mulberry.

Lots of good memories.
C. Cash
Advanced Levergunner

Post by C. Cash »

Welcome Joey! Nice leverguns there, especially like the octagon 92. Look forward to your posts Sir.
But God demonstrates his own love for us in this: While we were still sinners, Christ died for us. Romans 5:8
C. Cash
Advanced Levergunner

Post by C. Cash »

Welcome Joey! Nice leverguns there, especially like the octagon 92. Look forward to your posts Sir.
But God demonstrates his own love for us in this: While we were still sinners, Christ died for us. Romans 5:8
Rube Burrows
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Rube Burrows »

That 92 with the octagon barrel on it is one of my favs. Its so slick and you can work the lever with one finger tip. Its very accurate also. I have only shot .38 out of it since I have had it but it does really well.
Ysabel Kid

Post by Ysabel Kid »

Welcome to the fire! :D