Custom Marlin 336A went to the range

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
Bloodhound
Levergunner

Custom Marlin 336A went to the range

Post by Bloodhound »

Well I went to Church Saterday evening, so Sunday morning was wide open...off to the range I went...I wanted to sight my varment rifle in, (Springfield bolt action .30-30...I shoot 110 grain varment bullets in it, 2600 FPS) its a great coyote calling rig. But the main reason I wanted to get to the range, was to try my new BLc2 loading for my .32 Winchester Special custome Marlin 336A. I built this rifle about 4 years ago, sighted it in with the Lyman peep, shot up the ammo I had loaded for it, and its been sitting in the back of the safe...no deer or elk tags applied for with the move and new job...

So I decided that next year I am going to get deer with it, so I wanted to load for it and practice with it. 32 grains of BLc2, a Hornady 170 grain bullet and a target 100 yards away...a little tweeking and from a rest, 3 of 5 shots touching about an inch over the bullseye with the other two shots close in, one touching the top of the bullseye. What a sweet shooting load...if its within 125 yards its going to be my meat...I will shoot this rifle all winter, spring and summer likely about 100+ rounds...and we will be ready for Deer in Oct.

Some pics from a while ago...after the gun was finished. This gun began life as a 336C commemrative carbine. I put on a new barrel, mag tube custom wood and Lyman sight...fine tuned and there you have it...a custom 336A in .32 Win Special
Scott

Do Justice
Love Mercy
Walk Humbly With Your GOD
CEMENTHEAD
Levergunner 3.0

Re: Custom Marlin 336A went to the range

Post by CEMENTHEAD »

:mrgreen: :D Bloodhound that sure is nice! Good luck with her and make meat!

Thanks, Tom
War sees no color, sex, or ethnic background - wars only see blood shed by our heroes for our freedoms.

I Am An American! Fighting for our Country and our way of life.

Fourth Generation Veteran and Proud !!
Dave
Senior Levergunner

Post by Dave »

Very nice!
Borregos
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Borregos »

:D Lovely wood on that :D
Pete
Sometimes I wonder if it is worthwhile gnawing through the leather straps to get up in the morning..................