Model 94 recoil pad question???

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
EA Cable
Levergunner

Model 94 recoil pad question???

Post by EA Cable »

Hello and Merry Christmas to everybody out there.
I recently put a Pachmayr Pre-Fit Recoil Pad on my 1967 Winchester model 94. After I had the pad installed, i noticed it wasn't exactly a PERFECT fit....I knew it wouldn't be going into this project. I just wanted to know if anybody else has ran into this problem as well and what they did to correct it? Sand off the end of the stock til it is flush with the recoil pad? Or drill new holes for the pad and try to get it to fit flush that way?

Also can I sand the sides and bottom of the recoil pad so they are flush with the stock? Or is this pad not the sandable type?

Thanks for the help.
Cable
"The very atmosphere of firearms anywhere and everywhere restrains evil interference - they deserve a place of honor with all that's good" George Washington
iceman
Senior Levergunner

Re: Model 94 recoil pad question???

Post by iceman »

I usually mount my drill with a sander disc in a vise and sand the pad to match the stock. Easy does it and it usually works out ok.
Happiness is a comfortable stump on a sunny south facing mountain.
KCSO
Levergunner 3.0

Re: Model 94 recoil pad question???

Post by KCSO »

First sand the butt stock flat. Then put the pad in place and scribe around it. Then put the pad in your butt pad jig and set the angle for the slant of the stock. Then just sand to the scribed line. Or put masking tape on the stock. Sand right to the tape and don't sand into the stock.