OT - Doctor fished a camera thru the "Batcave" this morning.

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
deerwhacker444
Senior Levergunner

OT - Doctor fished a camera thru the "Batcave" this morning.

Post by deerwhacker444 »

Had to go to the Dr. this morning and get Borescoped. I'm 37 so I'm a bit younger than most who get the procedure, but I requested it after having a few problems, just to make sure everything was negative. Still waiting on the results, but it appears everything is fine.

For those of you who are of age and have put this off because you are scared to do it, DONT BE...! Git in there and get taken care of. It was a Total Non-Event. The absolute worst part was fasting the day before, and staying up the night before getting "cleaned out". The other bad part is the X-small gowns they wanted me to fit into... :shock: . About the best I could do was fix it so only 1 cheek was hanging out at a time while I was walking around pre-op, but by that point I didn't care anyway. Where else can you do some flashing and not get arrested..?

Once in the room, I got up on the table and laid down. Doc came in and made a few jokes. The last thing I remember was the Dr. and the Nurse arguing over how we should "git rid" of the Tuscon shooter, I knew then I was in good hands. Next thing I knew they were telling me to get up and get dressed. Don't know how I managed that, I don't even remember putting on my shorts.

Point being, it was nothing...! Go in,...go to sleep and wake up. Absolutely the easiest procedure/surgery I've ever experienced.

I had a friend who put off this type of thing well into his 60's. By the time he got around to going, he had cancer stage 4. They operated on him and he pooped in a bag for a few years until it eventually took his life. His final years weren't fun for him, his family or the friends around him. I'd hate for any of you to go thru that since it's such an easy thing to detect early.

It was a piece of cake, so go get yourself checked if you need to.
"If ever a time should come, when vain and aspiring men
shall possess the highest seats in Government,
our country will stand in need of its experienced patriots
to prevent its ruin
." Samuel Adams
Bullard4075
Senior Levergunner

Re: OT - Doctor fished a camera thru the "Batcave" this morning.

Post by Bullard4075 »

+1
The hard part is drinking that GALLON of clean-out stuff the night before.
The procedure itself as DeerWacker said is nothin.

OK maybe it's 2 quarts ......but you'll tell your friends it's a gallon.
"Any man who covers his face and packs a gun is a legitimate target for any decent citizen"
Jeff Cooper
WinM71
Levergunner 2.0

Post by WinM71 »

Absolute best part was they brought me a fresh hot coffee and a muffin as soon as I woke up. Best coffee & muffin I ever had!
My mind reader refuses to charge me..........

Now listen boy, I'm tryin' to teach you somethin'. That ain't an optical illusion, it only LOOKS LIKE an optical illusion.
Ysabel Kid

Post by Ysabel Kid »

+ another. Had to do this again this year; first time I was in my late 20's. Both times were due to stomach issues, and the last time was pretty much a non-event. Like you said, drinking the "stuff" is the hardest part. Everything else is a breeze - and what a great feeling to know for sure everything checks out.
2X22
Levergunner 3.0

Post by 2X22 »

Funny this was mentioned, I just made an appointment this morning for the 24th bright and early :o

2x22
"Yes, we did produce a near-perfect republic. But will they keep it? Or will they, in the enjoyment of plenty, lose the memory of freedom? Material abundance without character is the path of destruction." - Thomas Jefferson
JohndeFresno
Advanced Levergunner

Post by JohndeFresno »

Hear, hear -
It's really nothing to worry about - take that ride on the Silver Cadillac!
dennie
Levergunner 2.0

Post by dennie »

Yes, get it done! I put this off for several years, ignoring my doctor's requests. Then last year during routine blood work for my BP meds, I was found to be severely anemic. Blood going somewhere. I got the scope and they found a growth in my colon.
I was fortunate as it was in a place that it could be removed rather easily. I lost 1/3 of my colon. It was diagnosed as stage 2 cancer. They also found a small spot on my liver, and some questionable lymph nodes. Docs think I should be fine after my precautionary chemo is done. I am finishing up my sixth of 12 chemo treatments today.
The thought of getting the scope is much worse than the procedure. I had the upper scope, possible ulcer, just before the lower scope. I remember telling the doc, just before the lights went out, to do the upper scope first. :) He told me not to worry, they wipe the scope off between uses! :D Then he also said that they use 2 different scopes. :lol:
I seem to be very fortunate. I go to the chemo doc every 2 weeks for a treatment. I spend about 4 hours in the office with drip bags and then wear a pump for 2 days. Going today to have my pump unhooked in about an hour, then 12 days before I do it all again.
Get it done, and good luck with the tests.
dennie
NRA Benefactor Member/Bluegrass Picker
savagefan
Levergunner

Post by savagefan »

I go in tomorrow at noon. Had my first bag of Pico salax, boy does that stuff work fast! Took today off work as well for obvious reasons. The boys at work have been bugging me to see the movie, should I get it in DVD or "Brown Ray"?
I hate seagulls.
Booger Bill
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Booger Bill »

I have had it done three times, the last being a month ago. No pain, just went to sleep. Takeing the prep the prior night is the worst of it. The only thing I remember was telling the lady that was going to do it was that she had a "crappy" job. With that, she smiled and put me out!
Chas.
Levergunner 3.0

Post by Chas. »

Prep is absolutely the worst part, especially when it starts coming out and it's still cold. :D
RIHMFIRE
Advanced Levergunner

Post by RIHMFIRE »

been there ....done that....like you guys said the worst part is the junk they
make you drink...i had my procedure in a facility i designed...and knew the owner...
it amounted to taking a nap....with no problems
LETS GO SHOOT'N BOYS
savagefan
Levergunner

Post by savagefan »

I'm so freakin hungry!
I hate seagulls.
MrMurphy
Senior Levergunner

Post by MrMurphy »

I had it done when i was 24. I got the camera from both ends at the same time.

Yeah. The prep sucks. The procedure i don't remember.
El Chivo
Advanced Levergunner

Post by El Chivo »

the worst part is you're not a virgin anymore
"I'll tell you what living is. You get up when you feel like it. You fry yourself some eggs. You see what kind of a day it is."
bigbore442001
Levergunner 3.0

Post by bigbore442001 »

Many people make a big deal out of the procedure. The worst part of it is the two day prep before the doctor's visit. The only other issue may be resting in post op. When I had it done everyone was in one bay area and since they were filled up with air that had to come out. Sort of like an accompaniment of French horns. :mrgreen:
kimwcook
Advanced Levergunner

Post by kimwcook »

Procedure, piece of cake. Prep, now that part I thoroughly hated. It was so bad for me I think I should of just sat on the throne during the whole cleansing. I honestly hope anyone that needs it done gets it done. As said "It's a non-issue." And, the alternative is extremely deadly.
Old Law Dawg
Base Pin Maker
Levergunner

Post by Base Pin Maker »

It's part of turning 50, Git 'er done! Kelye @ Belt Mountain
savagefan
Levergunner

Post by savagefan »

Tried to John Wayne it without the anaesthetic, no dice. 4 polyps removed, one perdunculated cancerous. Getting another hoobajoobascope in 6 weeks to make sure they got it. Gotta say I sure enjoyed the bran muffin they give you after the procedure, ordinarily I would kill for worse tasting food.
I hate seagulls.
olyinaz
Advanced Levergunner

Post by olyinaz »

Git 'er done! Had mine last year and it probably saved my life what with the two large nubs they cut out.

Oly
Cheers,
Oly

I hope and pray someday the world will learn
That fires we don't put out will bigger burn

Johnny Wright
savagefan
Levergunner

Post by savagefan »

Had my follow-up last week. Good to go, don't need another for 3 years Yeehaw! Bought a new gun to celebrate.
I hate seagulls.
Les Staley
Levergunner 3.0

Post by Les Staley »

My wife of 43 years and I went in for His 'n Hers colonoscopys last winter... both got a clean bill of health for 10 years.. and some dynamite pictures to put on our greeting cards next winter...totaly agree.. a non-event.. even the pre-op cleanout.. a piece of cake.... Les
This is plagiarized from someone else, but I love it!

I was born a gun owner.
It wasn't a choice.
I didn't become one later in life.
I was born this way.
bj94
Levergunner 2.0

Post by bj94 »

My wife convinced me to have it done a couple of months ago. The prep wasn't all that bad, I just went home from work early and watched videos and worked on my computer. The procedure was no problem. They wheeled me into the room and when they turned on the anesthesia I didn't know what was happening. I woke up later with no memory or feeling that anything had happened. I got dressed and went home.