OT - Now this is just cool...

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
Old Ironsights
Posting leader...

OT - Now this is just cool...

Post by Old Ironsights »

A practical Flying Car! (0-60 in 3.9 seconds on the ground (only 40mph in the air though...)

Developed for MISSIONARY WORK!

http://www.eaavideo.org/video.aspx?v=635469588001

The flying car in this video was invented by the son of Nate Saint, a missionary pilot from Missionary Aviation Fellowship, killed in Ecuador about 50 years ago. Nate Saint's dad was a stained glass church window artist who lived in Fox Chase, just outside Philadelphia in the 1940s and 1950s. Now the grandson, who was adopted by the natives who killed his dad, has invented a flying automobile for possible use in missionary fields around the world.
C2N14... because life is not energetic enough.
מנא, מנא, תקל, ופרסין Daniel 5:25-28... Got 7.62?
Not Depressed enough yet? Go read National Geographic, July 1976
Gott und Gewehr mit uns!
olyinaz
Advanced Levergunner

Re: OT - Now this is just cool...

Post by olyinaz »

It's certainly interesting and I suspect that the price will be manageable, but the airspeed is a huge shortcoming.

Thanks for the link.

Oly
Cheers,
Oly

I hope and pray someday the world will learn
That fires we don't put out will bigger burn

Johnny Wright
Old Ironsights
Posting leader...

Post by Old Ironsights »

olyinaz wrote:It's certainly interesting and I suspect that the price will be manageable, but the airspeed is a huge shortcoming.

Thanks for the link.

Oly
Remember the design specs though... 40mph airspeed over rugged/no road terrain is 1000% better than the pack-trail alternative. And with its dune-buggy body, it's certainly got all of the "off road" bases covered where a helicopter simply couldn't... and does it for a fraction of the price with none of the FAA training.
C2N14... because life is not energetic enough.
מנא, מנא, תקל, ופרסין Daniel 5:25-28... Got 7.62?
Not Depressed enough yet? Go read National Geographic, July 1976
Gott und Gewehr mit uns!
Rifleman336
Levergunner 2.0

Post by Rifleman336 »

My gosh is this a rifle site or a aviation board? In the past few days I've seen some of the coolest plane vids.

It's funny a guy I bumped into at a camping store (whom I've never knew in my life) and saw my 2 Meter (Ham Radio) transmitter and he struck up a conversation. In just a couple minutes talking about Ham Radio he said he figured out that 85% + of Amateur radio operators love radios, FLYING, and FIREARMS. I was in my mid twentys I was active in the Civil Air Patrol and I had just bought my first 1911 Handgun a couple days before. :shock: And this guy had me "pegged" without mentioning the other two subjects!!! :lol:

Any how love the aviation Vids, it's fun for a change of pace.
Never bite off more than you can chew.
Blaine
Posting leader...

Post by Blaine »

I learn the bestest stuff here.....
The Rotten Fruit Always Hits The Ground First

Proud Life Member Of:
NRA
Second Amendment Foundation
Citizens Committee For The Right To Keep And Bear Arms
DAV
Rusty
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Rusty »

If you do a search on I-TEC you'll find a lot more information on Steve, the ministry, and the car/plane.
If you're gonna be stupid ya gotta be tough-
Isiah 55:8&9

It's easier to fool people than it is to convince them they have been fooled.
J Miller
Member Emeritus

Post by J Miller »

That is cool! I wonder what they will cost?

Joe
***Be sneaky, get closer, bust the cap on him when you can put the ball where it counts ;) .***
RIHMFIRE
Advanced Levergunner

Post by RIHMFIRE »

very cool ....
LETS GO SHOOT'N BOYS
Sixgun
Posting leader...
Location: S.E. Pa. Where The Finest Winchesters & Colts Reside

Post by Sixgun »

Very cool indeed--With a few modifications, it would make a great tool while elk hunting. Drop a 428 Hemi in that baby, bigger prop, rifle scabbard, cooler, ash tray, and by Lordy, you would be good-to-go :D --------------Sixgun
1st. Gen. Colt SAA’s, 1878 D.A.45 and a 38-55 Marlin TD

stew71
Senior Levergunner

Post by stew71 »

Old Ironsights wrote:
olyinaz wrote:It's certainly interesting and I suspect that the price will be manageable, but the airspeed is a huge shortcoming.

Thanks for the link.

Oly
Remember the design specs though... 40mph airspeed over rugged/no road terrain is 1000% better than the pack-trail alternative. And with its dune-buggy body, it's certainly got all of the "off road" bases covered where a helicopter simply couldn't... and does it for a fraction of the price with none of the FAA training.
Bingo. I'll take a 40mph airspeed limit any day if it meant I could take a straight line between point A and point B and avoid traffic and terrain features. Just stick to Class D, G, & E airspace and the FAA stays outta yer hair.

Although, I wonder what it's service ceiling is. Might be tough making it over the Sierra and Rockies. Tougher still to convince my wife I need one....
Some people just need a sympathetic pat on the head.....with a hammer. Repeatedly.
piller
Posting leader...

Post by piller »

Service ceiling would indeed be a factor when considering mountain ranges, but it probably would get you over or around a lot of nearly impassable terrain. 40 mph in the air versus 1 or 2 on the ground is relatively fast. Now, can the missionaries get the fuel and oil for it in some of the places where the locals have never heard the Word?
D. Brian Casady
Quid Llatine Dictum Sit, Altum Viditur.
Advanced is being able to do the basics while your leg is on fire---Bill Jeans
Don't ever take a fence down until you know why it was put up---Robert Frost
FWiedner
Advanced Levergunner

Post by FWiedner »

Needs a swivel-gun...

That'd bring 'em to Jeezis.

:wink:
Government office attracts the power-mad, yet it's people who just want to be left alone to live life on their own terms who are considered dangerous.

History teaches that it's a small window in which people can fight back before it is too dangerous to fight back.
AmBraCol
Webservant

Post by AmBraCol »

piller wrote:Service ceiling would indeed be a factor when considering mountain ranges, but it probably would get you over or around a lot of nearly impassable terrain. 40 mph in the air versus 1 or 2 on the ground is relatively fast. Now, can the missionaries get the fuel and oil for it in some of the places where the locals have never heard the Word?

Down here in S. America fuel and oil are not a terrible big problem. Main issue is that some countries (Brazil and Colombia at least, probably more) have gone to "bio-enhanced" fuel which is death to rubber and aluminum in the fuel line. I'm not sure what the range or payload is for this vehicle but with some careful planning and appropriate stashes in strategic places you can extend range and have fuel on hand for emergencies. That's the way we did it in the sertão area of Brazil, stash fuel in places and renew it on future visits. I'd bring a new drum in the jeep with me each time and then run off the drum I left earlier, leaving the fresh fuel for future reference. This got us out of most jams, only had to send out for fuel one time and it was hauled in by a local transport company. It's all a matter of proper planning and strategy. This would have been a real boon way back when we were still working rural areas. Not so much now that we're in urban centers. But it would be a real help in areas where others are working, that's for sure.
Paul - in Pereira

"He is the best friend of American liberty who is most sincere and active in promoting true and undefiled religion." -- John Witherspoon

http://www.paulmoreland.com
http://www.pistolpackingpreachers.us
http://www.precisionandina.com
awp101
Advanced Levergunner

Post by awp101 »

FWiedner wrote:Needs a swivel-gun...

That'd bring 'em to Jeezis.

"Whatever happens we have got,
The Maxim gun, and they have not".

-Hilaire Belloc
Nothing so needs reforming as other people's habits.
-Mark Twain

Proverbs 3:5; Philippians 4:13

Got to have a Jones for this
Jones for that
This running with the Joneses boy
Just ain't where it's at
olyinaz
Advanced Levergunner

Post by olyinaz »

Old Ironsights wrote:Remember the design specs though... 40mph airspeed over rugged/no road terrain is 1000% better than the pack-trail alternative. And with its dune-buggy body, it's certainly got all of the "off road" bases covered where a helicopter simply couldn't... and does it for a fraction of the price with none of the FAA training.
I'm not familiar with the winds in Africa or other places, but the problem with 40mph airspeed is that it would often result in 0 mph ground speed! At least where I'm from. Certainly it's a tool to be investigated and used where appropriate. No doubt about that and it will be a blessing to those who can put it to good work.

Cheers,
Oly
Cheers,
Oly

I hope and pray someday the world will learn
That fires we don't put out will bigger burn

Johnny Wright
chadbr
Levergunner 2.0

Post by chadbr »

BlaineG wrote:I learn the bestest stuff here.....
DITTO!!

That is just plain cool. I think I'd trade my new F150 for that.