OT: Hunting in Argentina

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
SFRanger7GP

OT: Hunting in Argentina

Post by SFRanger7GP »

I have been spending most of my time lately in Argentina and have been enjoying the hunting and fishing opportunities. I have been hunting with Julio Juri from America Hunting. He and I started out as client-outfitter and have since become good friends. I don't get a "finder's fee" for recommendations. I just want to help a friend get some business from US hunters and inform the forum of an affordable and safe option to hunt/vacation. Julio is a straight shooter. http://www.americahunting.com/

I will be going after free range, wild, water buffalo with Julio at the end of the month (unless work insists on interrupting my hunting schedule) and the wife and I are going after Red Stag when the rut kicks off at the end of March.

The wife and I hope to be settled in permanently down there in the next month or so. I will be more than happy to assist anyone in the forum with a trip. I travel so often with firearms that the police at RENAR where they inspect gun permits know me by name. Feel free to contact me if you have any questions.
brno602
Levergunner 2.0

Re: OT: Hunting in Argentina

Post by brno602 »

SFRanger7GP wrote:I have been spending most of my time lately in Argentina and have been enjoying the hunting and fishing opportunities. I have been hunting with Julio Juri from America Hunting. He and I started out as client-outfitter and have since become good friends. I don't get a "finder's fee" for recommendations. I just want to help a friend get some business from US hunters and inform the forum of an affordable and safe option to hunt/vacation. Julio is a straight shooter. http://www.americahunting.com/

I will be going after free range, wild, water buffalo with Julio at the end of the month (unless work insists on interrupting my hunting schedule) and the wife and I are going after Red Stag when the rut kicks off at the end of March.

The wife and I hope to be settled in permanently down there in the next month or so. I will be more than happy to assist anyone in the forum with a trip. I travel so often with firearms that the police at RENAR where they inspect gun permits know me by name. Feel free to contact me if you have any questions.
I have seen the red stag hunting on T.V once but what caught my eye was the trout fishing,big Rainbow's and browns in a nice clear Trout River the area they showed had homes that looked like the Germany or Austria ski village.
SFRanger7GP

Post by SFRanger7GP »

That is down in Patagonia. I took my fly fishing gear down and left it in my apartment last trip. I hope to enjoy the fishing again in the near future.
Marlin32
Levergunner 3.0

Post by Marlin32 »

Not bad prices on Stag or dove shoots.
SFRanger7GP

Post by SFRanger7GP »

If you get a group together, he'll deal with you. Let him know what you are looking for and what type of accomodations you need. Every place I have stayed has been very nice and served great Argentine beef and wine. I have never had accomodations in the US as nice for what he charges. Typically in the US they want to charge $200+ a night to put you in a bunk house and serve food that is best described as "edible".