1886 0n GB

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
Mike D.
***Rock Star***

1886 0n GB

Post by Mike D. »

What kind of a moron is this seller? 4 digit number and ONLY transfer through an FFL? He has to be suffering from a severe case of acute cranial rectosis. :roll:

Description for Item # 214832338

First model gun. Nice original condition. 4 digit serial number. mirror bore. bl 26". This is a gun to have. Gun 100% as described or better. Shipping & Insurance paid by buyer. FFL transfer sales only. No C&R's. Please Send Postal Money Order Only. 2/4 67-79.
"Congressmen who willfully take actions during wartime that damage morale, and undermine the military are saboteurs and should be arrested, exiled or hanged"....President Abraham Lincoln
Hobie

Re: 1886 0n GB

Post by Hobie »

http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewIt ... =214832338

He's in CT AND I am thinking he's an FFL who booked it and needs to clear it from the book. Don't know about CT law...
Sincerely,

Hobie

"We are all travelers in the wilderness of this world, and the best that we find in our travels is an honest friend." Robert Louis Stevenson
cowboykell
Levergunner 2.0

Post by cowboykell »

Could be worse....he could have stated " No sales to California." :D
Behind every sucessful rancher is a wife with a job in town.
.45colt
Advanced Levergunner

Post by .45colt »

Mike,whats wrong with You? this Guy is Great.lookin thru His four pages of stuff one could outfit a band with musical instruments and He even has somethin for a Country Boy like Me. 8) . http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewIt ... =215343348
jjames
Levergunner 2.0

Post by jjames »

I have seen several times where this the standard disclaimer and when asked specifically about a particular firearm that doesn't require FFL transfers they agree
AJMD429
Posting leader...

Post by AJMD429 »

Hobie wrote:Don't know about CT law...
Me either, but I'll bet it pretty well STINKS...

I read an article in the Second Amendment Foundation's magazine "Women & Guns" a decade ago where some poor woman happened to cross into CT to go to an amusement park, realized she had a gun or ammo or something in her purse, and upon excusing herself from the 'ticket line', had a nosy cop follow her to her car, see she had an evil 'gun', and she was charged with felony firearm possession.

Some places are just pure EVIL; heaven for Hitler-wannabes and Psycho-cops, but I sure wouldn't want to be an FFL in those places...!
Doctors for Sensible Gun Laws
"first do no harm" - gun control LAWS lead to far more deaths than 'easy access' ever could.

Want REAL change? . . . . . "Boortz/Nugent in 2012 . . . ! "
Mike D.
***Rock Star***

Post by Mike D. »

I don't care what statehe is in. The gun was made in 1886 and, as such, is an ANTIQUE and absolutely does not have to go through an FFL. This fool is only trying to make things more difficult than they need to be. If he is unaware of this Federal Law then he has no business selling antique firearms.
"Congressmen who willfully take actions during wartime that damage morale, and undermine the military are saboteurs and should be arrested, exiled or hanged"....President Abraham Lincoln
jnyork
Advanced Levergunner

Post by jnyork »

His gun, his rules.
6pt-sika
Advanced Levergunner

Post by 6pt-sika »

cowboykell wrote:Could be worse....he could have stated " No sales to California." :D
90% of my auctions on GB say that :wink:
Parkers , Mannlicher Schoenauer’s , 6.5mm's and my family in the Philippines !
JB
Senior Levergunner

Post by JB »

I pretty much refuse to bid on reserve auctions anyway. What's the point of starting out with $1.00 starting bid if the reserve is several hundred or even thousand dollars. Start it at the minimum you'd accept and let it go from there.
Mike D.
***Rock Star***

Post by Mike D. »

His gun his rules, no sales to California, makes no sense. Of course, he can do it his way, we all have that choice. :?
Cimarron
Levergunner 2.0
Location: North of the Cimarron River in Indian Territory (Oklahoma)

Post by Cimarron »

jnyork wrote:His gun, his rules.
"
HOLY BLACK? YOU MUST MEAN PENNSYLVANIA ANTHRACITE!

"Get your guns boys! They are robbing the bank!" J.S.Allen, Sept. 7, 1876
Hobie

Post by Hobie »

Let's face it, this sort of thing particularly galls those of us who remember pre-1968...
Sincerely,

Hobie

"We are all travelers in the wilderness of this world, and the best that we find in our travels is an honest friend." Robert Louis Stevenson
vancelw
Advanced Levergunner

Post by vancelw »

JB wrote:I pretty much refuse to bid on reserve auctions anyway. What's the point of starting out with $1.00 starting bid if the reserve is several hundred or even thousand dollars. Start it at the minimum you'd accept and let it go from there.
Amen. I won't waste my time on those type of sales or with ambiguous shipping charges. Just set a price and live with it. I have found that setting a reasonable shipping price up front helps bring a better price on the sale.
"Make yourself an honest man, and then you may be sure that there is one less scoundrel in the world." - Thomas Carlyle
Sixgun
Posting leader...
Location: S.E. Pa. Where The Finest Winchesters & Colts Reside

Post by Sixgun »

Hobie wrote:Let's face it, this sort of thing particularly galls those of us who remember pre-1968...
Thats problem #1. Problem #2 begins with all of the weirdos, criminals, sociopaths, and other deranged pieces of s*@t that prowl the internet and society today. The guy selling the gun is trying to keep his chances of his gun getting in the wrong hands and therefore preventing a liability lawsuit. We all know what scumbag lawyers are capable of. :wink: ------------Sixgun
1st. Gen. Colt SAA’s, 1878 D.A.45 and a 38-55 Marlin TD