Got my 348 ammo today

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
pharmseller
Senior Levergunner

Got my 348 ammo today

Post by pharmseller »

I bought 2 cases (unopened) of Winchester 200 grain Silvertips in 348 from Gunbroker. They came today and I am very pleased! As new, in great shape. Total price came out to $34.50 per box, including shipping. I'm set for quite a while for my 71. The username is LTE and he did great by me.

Quinn
We are determined that before the sun sets on this terrible struggle, our flag will be recognized throughout the world as a symbol of freedom on the one hand, of overwhelming power on the other.

General George C. Marshall, 1942
CowboyTutt
Advanced Levergunner

Post by CowboyTutt »

Quinn, just hope you don't get arrested for that theft! :lol:

The brass alone is worth that nowendays!

-Tutt
gordylew
Levergunner 1.0

Post by gordylew »

you should be set for a lifetime between the stuff I sold you and this new acquisition. Check the brass around the neck and shoulder. I got a case of the Browning Comm. and had a small green corrosion spot on every round. they ended up cracking during firing. That's when I sent the whole case to Winchester for replacement. And the headache began!
dz86
Levergunner

Post by dz86 »

Quinn,

It looks like you missed the memo.
I've been appointed official tester of all .348 Winchester ammo sold in North America since January 1st.
You need to send me ten percent of your new ammunition (by volume) for evaluation purposes. Send me a PM for the shipping address.
There is no charge for this valuable service, however you are responsible for shipping charges.

Dave
Official .348 Ammunition Tester
Dave's .348 Ammunition Testing Labs
pharmseller
Senior Levergunner

Post by pharmseller »

gordylew wrote:you should be set for a lifetime between the stuff I sold you and this new acquisition. Check the brass around the neck and shoulder. I got a case of the Browning Comm. and had a small green corrosion spot on every round. they ended up cracking during firing. That's when I sent the whole case to Winchester for replacement. And the headache began!
Of the stuff you sold me I have fired exactly 10 rounds. Three three-shot groups at the range (dead on, no sight adjustment needed) and ONE shot through both lungs of some poor defenseless mulie buck (see avatar).

I checked most of the ammo for corrosion. The brass looks good and bright, no green meanies. I sent half of it off to dz86 for further testing. I'm darned happy about the whole transaction.

Quinn
We are determined that before the sun sets on this terrible struggle, our flag will be recognized throughout the world as a symbol of freedom on the one hand, of overwhelming power on the other.

pharmseller
Senior Levergunner

Post by pharmseller »

This is how my Browning 71 shoots with that ammo:

Quinn

dz86
Levergunner

Post by dz86 »

pharmseller wrote:I sent half of it off to dz86 for further testing. I'm darned happy about the whole transaction.

Quinn
Good!

Now I'm darned happy about the whole transaction too! :lol:

By the way, that's fine shooting.

Dave