New 1892 Miroku questions

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
jnyork
Advanced Levergunner

New 1892 Miroku questions

Post by jnyork »

Friend just got his new 1892 Winchester clone from Miroku in 32-20. Pistol grip, 24" octagonal barrel, etc, very nice. Has the rebounding hammer and tang safety.

I have done a forum search but cant seem to come up with exactly what I'm looking for, that is, a thread that discusses how to remove said safety and rebound hammer feature. Hope someone can help a little.

Thanks.
klhill
Levergunner 2.0

Re: New 1892 Miroku questions

Post by klhill »

http://marauder.homestead.com/Rifles.html Detailed instructions from "SAAJim"
Jarhead
Levergunner 3.0

Post by Jarhead »

The info you're looking for is right here on Leverguns.com's home page under Winchester Levergun Resources. I have an 1892 Trapper in 45 colt and it is a mighty fine rifle. Tack Driver right out of the box. Good Luck :)
Semper Fi
Malamute
Member Emeritus

Post by Malamute »

I aquired Browing 92 parts, hammer, trigger, mainspring, mainspring struts (rods) and seat, and trigger spring. I'm in the process of converting it. The tang safety will be covered by a tang sight. The front tang sight hole goes in the safety recess and covers it nicely. Didnt want to weld it shut and refinish. I looked at the conversion shown in the link, but it seemd halfway to me, so I get the parts to do it right.

I believe Steve uses Rossi parts to convert them.

"Far better it is to dare mighty things, to win glorious triumphs even though checkered by failure, than to rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy nor suffer much because they live in the gray twilight that knows neither victory nor defeat." -Theodore Roosevelt-

Isnt it amazing how many people post without reading the thread?
Jarhead
Levergunner 3.0

Post by Jarhead »

Malamute wrote:I aquired Browing 92 parts, hammer, trigger, mainspring, mainspring struts (rods) and seat, and trigger spring. I'm in the process of converting it. The tang safety will be covered by a tang sight. The front tang sight hole goes in the safety recess and covers it nicely. Didnt want to weld it shut and refinish. I looked at the conversion shown in the link, but it seemd halfway to me, so I get the parts to do it right.

I believe Steve uses Rossi parts to convert them.

Looks like you've got the right idea and are doing it the way you should. Thanks for sharing. I haven't converted mine yet. Where did you secure your Browning 92 parts from? By the way, beautiful rifle :mrgreen: Might as well do it right.
Semper Fi
jnyork
Advanced Levergunner

Post by jnyork »

Got exactly what I needed. Thanks, fellers. :D