.453---255's

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
HEAD0001
Levergunner 3.0

.453---255's

Post by HEAD0001 »

UUUMMMMMM Lunch for the 45 Colt.

I poured some more bullets for my 10" Contender in 45 Colt. For my rifles I crimped the load into the top smaller grease groove.

I worked up some Gallery Loads this afternoon and shot them on the front porch. The load was 3.5 grains of Red Dot with a Winchester WLP primer. And I crimped them over top of both grease grooves and rolled the crimp over the top of the highest ridge on the bullet. I did that to shorten the powder column a bit more inside the case.

I could not believe how loud the load was. I thought it would be quiet like that load is in my 45-70. But it was not quiet, it was actually very loud, and even had some recoil and a slight muzzle flip-and I was not expecting that.

Anbody have a better idea with the components that I have to work up a quieter load?? Is it OK to crimp over the top of the very highest ridge?? Tom.
J Miller
Member Emeritus

Re: .453---255's

Post by J Miller »

So Tom,

Whatca gonna feed those .45s? The pic didn't come up. Something about being moved or deleted.

Joe
***Be sneaky, get closer, bust the cap on him when you can put the ball where it counts ;) .***