OT: No lever guns involved....

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
Mokwaw
Levergunner 3.0

OT: No lever guns involved....

Post by Mokwaw »

..but had the honor of introducing 3 new shooters to the fun of busting some clay birds with a shotgun. Yestarday after church, some of the congregation gathered for our 5th annual Father's Day cookout and informal trap shoot. There were some new people who came. Two of the new shooters were young men in they're early 20's and one young lady of 15. Explaining basic safety, and showing them the operation of a 12 ga. pump and loading only one shell at time we began. The smiles on their faces when they broke their first bird was great. All this, along with a call from my daughter, a call from my son, and a text from a nephew who says he considers me the dad he never had, made an exceptional Father's Day.
UNITE
Griff
Posting leader...

Re: OT: No lever guns involved....

Post by Griff »

Excellent.
Griff,
SASS/CMSA #93
NRA Patron
GUSA #93

There is a fine line between hobby & obsession!
AND... I'm over it!!
No I ain't ready, but let's do it anyway!
Birdman
Levergunner 3.0

Post by Birdman »

It's always fun to get new folks started. We need all the new shooters we can get.
kimwcook
Advanced Levergunner

Post by kimwcook »

I'll take anyone, well almost anyone, shooting given a chance. Good for you and your church group.
Old Law Dawg
Pitchy
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Pitchy »

8)
Because I Can, and Have
-------------------------------------------------------------
USAF-72-76
God Bless America.
Disclaimer, not responsible for anyone copying or building anything i make.
Always consult an expert first.
gamekeeper
Spambot Zapper

Post by gamekeeper »

Well done.. :D
Whatever you do always give 100%........... unless you are donating blood.
AJMD429
Posting leader...

Post by AJMD429 »

Birdman wrote:It's always fun to get new folks started. We need all the new shooters we can get.
AMEN to that...!

If I could make one law (besides repealing other laws) regarding gun ownership, it would be that if you don't take at least one new/non-shooter shooting every month, you cannot own a gun. (Maybe you should have to write a letter to a politician/newspaper or speak publicly on a pro-Second-Amendment topic every quarter, as well...).

Glad some aren't just becoming 'gun-hermits' and never interacting with the non-shooting crowd. MOST of the non-gun-owners find that shooting is fun and safe and far different than the media portrays it. ESPECIALLY if you do it with a .22 LR (preferably suppressed or lever action or both), and do it with a 'red dot' sight instead of obsolete 'open' sights. Remember the idea is that they HIT the targets and get enthusiastic, preferably without too much noise/recoil.
Doctors for Sensible Gun Laws
"first do no harm" - gun control LAWS lead to far more deaths than 'easy access' ever could.

Want REAL change? . . . . . "Boortz/Nugent in 2012 . . . ! "
Ysabel Kid

Post by Ysabel Kid »

Excellent! Thanks for taking the time to expose more people to the pure fun of enjoying the recreational side of one of their most important freedoms. The more advocates we can personally convert, the fewer the anti's will be able to!