OT - Forum won't automatically log me on

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
Aussie Chris
Levergunner 2.0

OT - Forum won't automatically log me on

Post by Aussie Chris »

I check the auto log in box everytime but the forum always logs me off when I navigate away from the page.

I need to log on everytime I want to post or view posted pics.

This is getting really annoying, anyone else having this issue?

Chris
A man can never have too many WINCHESTERS...
Alan Wood
Levergunner 3.0

Re: OT - Forum won't automatically log me on

Post by Alan Wood »

What browser are you using? I suspect that you are blocking cookies. Good idea but it is likely the cause of this. Computer security sucks somtimes and I suspect that you are experiencing one of them. :(
Alan Wood
AJMD429
Posting leader...

Post by AJMD429 »

Had that a while back for months - Hobie figured out what it was and fixed it. It was over my head computereze stuff, but I think it had to do with this forum hosting software, and my Blue Sky satellite service not playing well together. Whatever he fixed, it worked.
Doctors for Sensible Gun Laws
"first do no harm" - gun control LAWS lead to far more deaths than 'easy access' ever could.

Want REAL change? . . . . . "Boortz/Nugent in 2012 . . . ! "
vancelw
Advanced Levergunner

Post by vancelw »

Clear out all your cookies and temp files and restart. It happens to me every now and then.
"Make yourself an honest man, and then you may be sure that there is one less scoundrel in the world." - Thomas Carlyle
Hobie

Post by Hobie »

AJMD429 wrote:Had that a while back for months - Hobie figured out what it was and fixed it. It was over my head computereze stuff, but I think it had to do with this forum hosting software, and my Blue Sky satellite service not playing well together. Whatever he fixed, it worked.
You give me too much credit. I didn't do a thing.

I think it most likely that you aren't permitting the cookies to function. You must do that with this forum or, you will get what you've got. There is or was an incompatibility issue with our software and Blue Sky but I'm not smart enough to know or remember what exactly the problem is, much less how to fix it! :oops:
Sincerely,

Hobie

"We are all travelers in the wilderness of this world, and the best that we find in our travels is an honest friend." Robert Louis Stevenson
Terry Murbach
Shootist

Post by Terry Murbach »

MAYBE YOU DID NOT CLICK ON THE " DOWN UNDER " SYMBOL RIGHT THERE ON THE SIGN-IN PLACE ??
RIDE, SHOOT STRAIGHT, AND SPEAK THE TRUTH
Hagler
Senior Levergunner

Post by Hagler »

Gents,

I have been getting "logged out" , without my knowledge, for the past couple of weeks. Sometimes, it happens while I am going from one topic to the next topic. I also have encountered the same thing, when I try to add attachments to my posts. It is very, very frustrating! :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil:

Shawn
"That's right, Billy, I'm good with it. I hit what I shoot at, and I'm fast!"-Lucas McCain, c1882.
ImageImage
Modoc ED
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Modoc ED »

Go to the Internet Options page of your browser. There should be something that has to do with managing your browsing history. Click on it. Once you do there might be a box () that says -- "Preserve Favorites Website Data". Make sure that box is checked.

If you are using Windows Internet Explorer 8 or 9, go to the top of any page while on the Internet and click Tools. Click Internet Options. Look at the Browsing History section and Click Delete. A list of options will appear. The first box () in the list of options will say "Preserve Favorites website data". MAKE SURE it is checked.

Note: You can also get to Internet Options through the Control Panel

Note Note: If you are using a browser other thant Windows Internet Explorer like Google Chrome or Firefox, etc. they will have something very close to what I've described. Even earlier versions of Windows Explorer have the same thing.

Ya just gotta search around a bit and not be afraid to CLICK Buttons/Boxes.
ED
Yer never too old
Aussie Chris
Levergunner 2.0

Post by Aussie Chris »

Thanks for the help everyone.

Still cant get the jolly thing to work, im still getting logged off. This is rather gay.

I tried what you said Modoc ED, I have explorer 8. Still cant kget it to work.

O well, thanks anyway

Chris
A man can never have too many WINCHESTERS...
Griff
Posting leader...

Post by Griff »

I turn off automatic updates. I have the software "notify" me that an update is available, then decide to download and install myself. Some of my older software has been removed, and I don't need updates anylonger. When you sometimes do a re-start it wipes out your cookies, and you need to make sure the browser accepts them from this site and any others you want to automatically log onto. Also, when you make changes to the browser, sometimes you need to restart the software to make the changes "stick".
Griff,
SASS/CMSA #93
NRA Patron
GUSA #93

There is a fine line between hobby & obsession!
AND... I'm over it!!
No I ain't ready, but let's do it anyway!