Youngin Stock

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
HEAD0001
Levergunner 3.0

Youngin Stock

Post by HEAD0001 »

Guys I need a stock for a youngin. He has a Cricket 22 rifle that fits him perfectly. I am looking for a shotguns tock about the same size as the Crickett 22 rifle stock.

It matters not which shotgun it fits. I am building him a squirrel shotgun from the stock first. Then I will buy the shotgun to fit him.

He has a Rossi .410. And that stock is too long. Years ago Rossi made a wooden stock single shot with a shorter stock like the Cricket. I have a friend who has one. But I can't find that particular stock in the new Rossi catalog.

Anybody have any good ideas??

I am considering the purchase of a wooden stock for an Encore then just cutting it short. But I would like to look around a bit first.

He is looking forward to the first day of squirrel season. He shoots his 22LR well enough to hunt. But the early season is better with a shotgun for kids. Tom.
Ysabel Kid

Re: Youngin Stock

Post by Ysabel Kid »

I purchased a Marlin 15YN "Little Buckaroo" for Y2K for his first Christmas. He was 6 months old. He started shooting it regularly at 4 years old. Though it was certainly for a youth, it was still too long for him. I didn't want to cut down the original, so called Marlin about a "factory second". They sent me one free. I could never tell what made it a second, but since it didn't cost me anything, I went ahead and purchased some brass furniture for a youth blackpowder rifle. Y2K asked that it be decorated like an indian-stocked war rifle. Fit him to a "T" and he loved it!

You may try Numrich Gun Parts or perhaps GunBroker for a spare stock. Good luck!
jeepnik
Advanced Levergunner

Post by jeepnik »

I know Mossberg makes a 'Youth" stock for their .410 model 500's. I picked one up for my "Perfect Jeep Gun" Here's a photo if that's any help.

Jeepnik AKA "Old Eyes"
"Go low, go slow and preferably in the dark" The old Sarge (he was maybe 24.
"Freedom is never more that a generation from extinction" Ronald Reagan
"Every man should have at least one good rifle and know how to use it" Dad
AJMD429
Posting leader...

Post by AJMD429 »

Thompson Center may make a 'youth' stock that is pretty short for some of their guns.

If you don't mind butt-ugly, you could get one of the 'AR' type replacement stocks they make for Mossberg and Remington shotguns, that is collapsable just like a regular AR-15 carbine stock. There are slip-on recoil pads for them, even.

Easiest though would be to just get a spare wooden stock for whatever shotgun he likes, then hand-saw it shorter (keep to the NFA limits so you don't make a 'sawed-off shotgun', though!). If you do it carefully, you could pin-and-glue the other part back on later, though it would be simpler to just put the original stock back on when he's bigger. You could make a 'stepped' stock by sawing at 1" or 2" intervals and adding them back each year or two.
Doctors for Sensible Gun Laws
"first do no harm" - gun control LAWS lead to far more deaths than 'easy access' ever could.

Want REAL change? . . . . . "Boortz/Nugent in 2012 . . . ! "