Barrel bands vs mag tube hangers

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
foxtrapper
Levergunner 2.0

Barrel bands vs mag tube hangers

Post by foxtrapper »

I just don't like the look of barrel bands :o .Now is it possible to convert a bb to dovetail hanger? IF it can be done is it a big job?
6pt-sika
Advanced Levergunner

Re: Barrel bands vs mag tube hangers

Post by 6pt-sika »

I used to be 100% against barrel bands and 100% in favor of dove tails and hangers .

I however have learned in the last 10-12 years or so that rifles with bands can shoot as well as rifles without .

But that really doesn't help much if the look of them bothers you :wink:
Parkers , Mannlicher Schoenauer’s , 6.5mm's and my family in the Philippines !
Mike D.
***Rock Star***

Post by Mike D. »

In short, the answer is yes, but you must replace the BB front with rifle forend and cut dovetails for the forend tip tenon and front magazine hanger.
"Congressmen who willfully take actions during wartime that damage morale, and undermine the military are saboteurs and should be arrested, exiled or hanged"....President Abraham Lincoln
Sixgun
Posting leader...
Location: S.E. Pa. Where The Finest Winchesters & Colts Reside

Post by Sixgun »

Mike D. wrote:In short, the answer is yes, but you must replace the BB front with rifle forend and cut dovetails for the forend tip tenon and front magazine hanger.
Yea, I agree with Mike. Somrtimes it ain't worth the ag., along with the loss of value by butchering it all up----Keep the barrel bands loose and she will shoot with the best of 'em.-----Sixgun
1st. Gen. Colt SAA’s, 1878 D.A.45 and a 38-55 Marlin TD

foxtrapper
Levergunner 2.0

Post by foxtrapper »

Thanks gents. I'll keep things as is!