OT - Whitehouse.gov right-to-carry petition HR 822

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
COSteve
Advanced Levergunner

OT - Whitehouse.gov right-to-carry petition HR 822

Post by COSteve »

You need to sign up for a whitehouse.gov account to sign this. They need 5000 in 30 days. This started on Sept 22nd and mine was 1,142 this morning.

https://wwws.whitehouse.gov/petitions/% ... n=shorturl
Steve
Retired and Living the Good Life
No Matter Where You Go, There You Are
Ysabel Kid

Re: OT - Whitehouse.gov right-to-carry petition HR 822

Post by Ysabel Kid »

Signed it. Now up to 1,433.

Had to create an account. Password is "BHOsucks"... :twisted:
FWiedner
Advanced Levergunner

Post by FWiedner »

Do you really want the federal government deciding whether you can defend yourself or not?

Fireams regulation is a states rights issue and I'm OK with reciprocity agreements negotiated between those sovereign entities, as long as I know what the rules are.

I don't want to give the federal government any more authority, especially with regard to any issue concerning firearms regulation.

I don't believe that particualar branch of government should have most of the authority that they claim to have now.

When you negotiate with government you're dealing career liars and professional deal breakers. They'll find a loophole in your best deal and use it to f*** you through.

:|
Government office attracts the power-mad, yet it's people who just want to be left alone to live life on their own terms who are considered dangerous.

History teaches that it's a small window in which people can fight back before it is too dangerous to fight back.
Blaine
Posting leader...

Post by Blaine »

FWiedner wrote:Do you really want the federal government deciding whether you can defend yourself or not?

Fireams regulation is a states rights issue and I'm OK with reciprocity agreements negotiated between those sovereign entities, as long as I know what the rules are.

I don't want to give the federal government any more authority, especially with regard to any issue concerning firearms regulation.

I don't believe that particualar branch of government should have most of the authority that they claim to have now.

When you negotiate with government you're dealing career liars and professional deal breakers. They'll find a loophole in your best deal and use it to f*** you through.

IMO, it's just to get the Gubment to tell states to recognize each other's rights....just like so many other regulations that are recognized among states....no new law or power, just enforcing present constitutional rules....States that won't allow carry would not be forced to allow it, states that do would have to accept other state's carry rights, just like driver licences, and marriages.
The Rotten Fruit Always Hits The Ground First

Proud Life Member Of:
NRA
Second Amendment Foundation
Citizens Committee For The Right To Keep And Bear Arms
DAV
JerryB
Advanced Levergunner

Post by JerryB »

Being 74 years old, I trust our federal government with my gun rights about like I trust 'OL scratch himself.
JerryB II Corinthians 3:17, Now the Lord is that Spirit: and where the Spirit of the Lord is, there is liberty.

JOSHUA 24:15
Boreman
Levergunner 3.0

Post by Boreman »

FWiedner wrote:Do you really want the federal government deciding whether you can defend yourself or not?

A BIG + 1 on this !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I don't trust the **&^*###@** boys in DC with this one.This could be another way of them getting their hands into messing with 2A.
My 2 cents.
Model-71's forever !!!!
NRA Patriot Life Member
Endowment level
FOPA #5
GOA,Inc
WVCDL,INC
ole pizen slinger
Levergunner 2.0

Post by ole pizen slinger »

I'm 'leery' of this also. First the Feds OK a reciprocity agreement. Next they come up with national standards for CCW permits and training. Then they tell the states what background checks must be performed. Then they specify a doctor's physical and drug test in order to apply for a permit. Next, the states must submit a list of CCW permits to the Feds for record keeping. It sounds like a good idea but I think the devil will be in the details.
OPS
He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain what he cannot lose.
J Miller
Member Emeritus

Post by J Miller »

Nope, I ain't gonna sign no such thing. Last thing in the world I want is the feds getting in the CCW business. Surest way in the world to mess it up.

Joe
***Be sneaky, get closer, bust the cap on him when you can put the ball where it counts ;) .***
Ysabel Kid

Post by Ysabel Kid »

I think (and hope) Blaine is right on this. It is about reciprocity - not getting the Fed's into the CCW business.

I also agree with FW - we shouldn't need a license, period, to exercise a fundamental liberty. That being said, I am not willing to risk a felony conviction and losing my right to own a firearm period - however wrong - when I can obtain the means to prevent that.

If at some point in the future Big Brother uses CCW lists to come looking for guns and gunowners, the p00p will have already hit the fan, and we all be neck-deep in it. I'll probably be dead at that point having raised arms to protect our rights...
Blaine
Posting leader...

Post by Blaine »

Ysabel Kid wrote:I think (and hope) Blaine is right on this. It is about reciprocity - not getting the Fed's into the CCW business.

I also agree with FW - we shouldn't need a license, period, to exercise a fundamental liberty. That being said, I am not willing to risk a felony conviction and losing my right to own a firearm period - however wrong - when I can obtain the means to prevent that.

If at some point in the future Big Brother uses CCW lists to come looking for guns and gunowners, the p00p will have already hit the fan, and we all be neck-deep in it. I'll probably be dead at that point having raised arms to protect our rights...
When it happens, it will be in the form of a "national emergency" of some sort.....they know they just can't take them willy-nilly.

Proud Life Member Of:
NRA
DAV
adirondakjack
Senior Levergunner

Post by adirondakjack »

If ya think it's just like a DL, then by god yer probably right. Note, when ya go to renew yer DL, bring yer SS card, the FEDS say we have to prove our SSAN to drive, and your state had no choice in the matter.

NO to federal permits, databases, and potential confiscation through ever-tightening standards. (if ya don't think so, ask any CDL driver how that's been working for the noose tightening since big bro got involved.....)

IMHO, we all ought to look at the success of the VT state model. What permit? yet they have very few problems....
Certified gun nut
Blaine
Posting leader...

Post by Blaine »

IMHO, we all ought to look at the success of the VT state model. What permit? yet they have very few problems....
Not a bunch of crime, or gangs, either. The "Urban Youth :roll: " is the cause of most crime.

Proud Life Member Of:
NRA
DAV
AJMD429
Posting leader...

Post by AJMD429 »

BlaineG wrote:
Ysabel Kid wrote:I think (and hope) Blaine is right on this. It is about reciprocity - not getting the Fed's into the CCW business.

When it happens, it will be in the form of a "national emergency" of some sort.....they know they just can't take them willy-nilly.
You're both right... :|
ole pizen slinger wrote:I'm 'leery' of this also. . . . It sounds like a good idea but I think the devil will be in the details.
Like EVERYTHING else the government does... :evil:
Doctors for Sensible Gun Laws
"first do no harm" - gun control LAWS lead to far more deaths than 'easy access' ever could.

Want REAL change? . . . . . "Boortz/Nugent in 2012 . . . ! "
damienph
Senior Levergunner

Post by damienph »

I registered for an account so that I could sign the petition, but did you look at some of the other petitions? All I can say is there are some people out there that want things that I really don't want to be associated with.

I guess that I am somewhat sheltered out here in the midwest but... holy cr*p!
tattoo13
Levergunner 1.0

Post by tattoo13 »

Never needed the Gov to tell me whether I could carry a gun or not...
a357lever
Levergunner 2.0

Post by a357lever »

I must wonder if you had three hundred million signing this, if the white house would care? I'm sorry but its like sending the Nazis a petition asking them to leave Poland alone! Since this government has already caused the murders of dozens in Mexico and at least one federal agent here, in a desperate, reckless and felonious attempt to disarm american citizens, using the media machinery. Why in the world would they care what we think? Our one and only hope is to get rid of this bunch before its too late, period. One more Supreme court appointment means the end of the USA and freedom worldwide.
FWiedner
Advanced Levergunner

Post by FWiedner »

a357lever wrote:I must wonder if you had three hundred million signing this, if the white house would care? I'm sorry but its like sending the Nazis a petition asking them to leave Poland alone! Since this government has already caused the murders of dozens in Mexico and at least one federal agent here, in a desperate, reckless and felonious attempt to disarm american citizens, using the media machinery. Why in the world would they care what we think? Our one and only hope is to get rid of this bunch before its too late, period. One more Supreme court appointment means the end of the USA and freedom worldwide.
What this bill is about is perceived concensus.

If it looks enough like a regulatory decision was arrived at via a democratic process like a "petition" or "voting", the powers that be don't have to make excuses when they start turning the screws down tight. After all, it's "what the people wanted".

It is unimportant what the government does or how they shuffle the elitist stooges in their deck of clowns. They don't do it for our benefit.

I am 100% sure that the USA and what you refer to as freedom are already ended. World-wide.

Government office attracts the power-mad, yet it's people who just want to be left alone to live life on their own terms who are considered dangerous.

History teaches that it's a small window in which people can fight back before it is too dangerous to fight back.
a357lever
Levergunner 2.0

Post by a357lever »

I stand corrected! What's the diff? I guess.