2 Browning 92 in 357 on GB, but spendy!

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
pharmseller
Senior Levergunner

2 Browning 92 in 357 on GB, but spendy!

Post by pharmseller »

I've been looking for one of these for quite a while without luck. Now there's two on GB but they're gonna go for close to a grand each.

Here's the first:
http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewIt ... m=92187690

and the other:
http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewIt ... m=92257846

Man! Out of my price range. My slicked-up Rossi 92 is looking better every day.

Quinn
We are determined that before the sun sets on this terrible struggle, our flag will be recognized throughout the world as a symbol of freedom on the one hand, of overwhelming power on the other.

General George C. Marshall, 1942
TedH
Advanced Levergunner

Post by TedH »

They're proud of them aren't they. I'm with you, my Rossi will do just fine. :wink:
Mike D.
***Rock Star***

Post by Mike D. »

Both are HUGELY out of line! You can do MUCH better than those two. :(
"Congressmen who willfully take actions during wartime that damage morale, and undermine the military are saboteurs and should be arrested, exiled or hanged"....President Abraham Lincoln
mod71alaska
Senior Levergunner

Post by mod71alaska »

What is a realistic 2008 price for a NIB Browning 92 in .357? I don't see very many for sale.
Paul Jenkins
Levergunner 2.0

Post by Paul Jenkins »

Gentlemen,
No flame intended, but, I would like to have you consider the reasons we that have spent twice as much on Brownings.You have to know that we consider ,Fit, finish.reliability, and accuracy more important than price I won't argue
that a browning is worth twice the price. I will argue it is twice the qualityQuality does command a premium. Other than those differences, I would buy a puma. I agree rationalization has its place .
pharmseller
Senior Levergunner

Post by pharmseller »

Paul Jenkins wrote:Gentlemen,
No flame intended, but, I would like to have you consider the reasons we that have spent twice as much on Brownings.You have to know that we consider ,Fit, finish.reliability, and accuracy more important than price I won't argue
that a browning is worth twice the price. I will argue it is twice the qualityQuality does command a premium. Other than those differences, I would buy a puma. I agree rationalization has its place .
Absolutely no ofense taken. I agree that, with regards to overall quality, there is small comparison between a Browning and most Rossis I have seen. That's why I have been lusting after a Browning for quite some time.
It's the combination of price and quality that I perceive as value, and for my money, given the prices I see on Brownings, the Rossi is by far the better value.
Still, if I found a Browning for under $700 I'd buy it. Above that figure the Browning loses my interest.

Quinn
We are determined that before the sun sets on this terrible struggle, our flag will be recognized throughout the world as a symbol of freedom on the one hand, of overwhelming power on the other.

brucew44guns
Senior Levergunner

B-92

Post by brucew44guns »

Pharm, I just bet, that if you truly wait, be patient, don't get riled up at all, don't jump too fast, sooner or later a B-92 will fall into your hands unexpectedly at a nice price.I don't know why in the world we didn't buy 6 of them when guns stores had them on the shelf. Hindsight, so beautiful.
To hell with them fellas, buzzards gotta eat same as the worms.
Outlaw Josey Wales

Member GOA
NRA Benefactor-Life
pharmseller
Senior Levergunner

Post by pharmseller »

Two things I have:
1. Patience
2. Patience

I wish the third were money, then I wouldn't need patience.

Quinn

phlatnose
Levergunner 1.0

Post by phlatnose »

Lets see what happens with the auctions. My guess is that they should go up to around 900 or 925 bucks each.
getitdone1
Senior Levergunner

Post by getitdone1 »

One of my favorite guns.

I'd say buy now for 1500 is a crock and 7-800 is achieveable.

Don McCullough
ursavus.elemensis
Levergunner 2.0

Post by ursavus.elemensis »

I think people get too wrapped up in the pursuit of "a good deal". Unless these rifles are dropping out of thin air into your backyard, you might want to grab one when you see what you like. Are they priced too high? Who cares. If you can get it for less money, sure, go do so, but if you can't, then it is not priced too high.

I see these same kind of discussions on "O" gauge model train forums about trains for sale on Ebay, etc. Someone sees something that they want, and they think the price is too high, and then there's a chorus of people who exclaim that indeed the price is ridiculous. You guys are right that with enough patience, there will be the right rifle at the right price at the right time, someday. But someday might be after I'm gone from this earth. If you've got the money and you want it, buy it.
"A Prince, whose character is thus marked by every act which may define a Tyrant, is unfit to be the ruler of a free people"
-The Declaration of Independence
pharmseller
Senior Levergunner

Post by pharmseller »

ursavus.elemensis wrote:I think people get too wrapped up in the pursuit of "a good deal". Unless these rifles are dropping out of thin air into your backyard, you might want to grab one when you see what you like. Are they priced too high? Who cares. If you can get it for less money, sure, go do so, but if you can't, then it is not priced too high.

I see these same kind of discussions on "O" gauge model train forums about trains for sale on Ebay, etc. Someone sees something that they want, and they think the price is too high, and then there's a chorus of people who exclaim that indeed the price is ridiculous. You guys are right that with enough patience, there will be the right rifle at the right price at the right time, someday. But someday might be after I'm gone from this earth. If you've got the money and you want it, buy it.
Well, sure in a perfect world, but $1,000 is a lot of money to me. I'm not complaining about the law of supply and demand, and I agree that life is short. At current prices, the Browning is not a value to me. I want to feel good about the deal I get. With my pre-safety, slicked-up Rossi, I'm happy. I'd love a Browning, but not if it does not present a value to me.

Quinn

spurgon
Levergunner 2.0

Post by spurgon »

pharmseller

I've heard it said here that money is just green paper unless you've got to have ot for paying bills.
pharmseller
Senior Levergunner

Post by pharmseller »

A friend of mine during college was from Holland. His family had money with a capital M. He was getting an MBA so that he could manage the wealth. He was very generous. He called U.S. money "fun tickets." Great guy.

Quinn

gak
Senior Levergunner

Post by gak »

I agree with those saying "patience"--if you can. Admittedly an anomaly unfortunately, but I was lucky to be one of those that just happened upon a new/not-in-box one within the past nine months - in the $550 territory - delivered and FFL'd--to match a NIB .44 Mag I also lucked into a very decent price on. Both great guns. I also own and enjoy several pre-safety Rossis--and agree they present very decent value. It's all in what you can get; if Rossi's it, nothing wrong with that--they are fine guns.
cubrock
Levergunner 2.0

Post by cubrock »

mod71alaska wrote:What is a realistic 2008 price for a NIB Browning 92 in .357? I don't see very many for sale.
I've seen more than one NIB gun exceed $900. Any .357 92 in decent shape for under that sells VERY quickly - even if it isn't NIB.

We can say Browning .357s prices are out of line, but that doesn't mean the market agrees with us. Fact is, they aren't making anymore. We might get lucky and get a good deal now and then, but I can assure you I'd pony up $900 for a nice one if I had the dough. I do plan on picking one up eventually. I just hope they aren't $1500 by that time!
.........THE TWINS..........

pharmseller
Senior Levergunner

Post by pharmseller »

Cubrock,
Well put. The market determines price, not we. If I find one in my range, great! If not, well, I don't drive a Ferrari, either.

Quinn

cubrock
Levergunner 2.0

Post by cubrock »

pharmseller wrote:Cubrock,
Well put. The market determines price, not we. If I find one in my range, great! If not, well, I don't drive a Ferrari, either.

Quinn
Neither do I! I'm still keeping my eye out for you! Maybe we'll both get lucky and I'll find two locally for $300 - one for each of us! :D

stormspotter
Levergunner 2.0

Post by stormspotter »

Patience is not my virtue, but I got lucky and found this one for a little less than $600 a year ago. Not new, but in excellent condition.

I later picked up a 16" Interarms to use as my go everywhere gun.
Republic. I like the sound of the word. It means people can live free, go or come, buy or sell, be drunk or sober, however they choose. Some words give you a feeling. Republic is one of those words that makes me tight in the throat . . . . Some words can give you a feeling that makes your heart warm. Republic is one of those words.
cubrock
Levergunner 2.0

Post by cubrock »

stormspotter wrote:Patience is not my virtue, but I got lucky and found this one for a little less than $600 a year ago. Not new, but in excellent condition.

I later picked up a 16" Interarms to use as my go everywhere gun.
Nice pair. Hope I can run into one that cheap. :D

mod71alaska
Senior Levergunner

Re: 2 Browning 92 in 357 on GB, but spendy!

Post by mod71alaska »

pharmseller wrote:I've been looking for one of these for quite a while without luck. Now there's two on GB but they're gonna go for close to a grand each.

Here's the first:
http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewIt ... m=92187690

and the other:
http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewIt ... m=92257846

Quinn
Check out the results! Looks like Browning 92s have gone up in price.
Lastmohecken
Senior Levergunner

Post by Lastmohecken »

I guess the .357's are quite a bit higher then the 44mags in the Browning 92's.

You know, 1000 plus seems a little high for a Browning 92, as some have noted, compared to a Puma 92, but after owning a couple of Pumas, and now owning a Browning 92, I must say value means very little to me if it means ending up with less and not being satisfied in the end. I guess these guys who bought these two Brownings felt the same way.