Indiana Firearms opener....

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
Mokwaw
Levergunner 3.0

Indiana Firearms opener....

Post by Mokwaw »

It's 0700 in Indiana, full moon in the western sky, just starting to pink up in the eastern sky. The roads are busy this A.M. with trucks full of hunters heading to their favorite spots. I have state owned property on 3 sides of me, should be hearing the first shots before long. I am very jealous account of my knees will no longer allow me to be out in woods along with the others. I pray them safety and good luck on their quest.
Last edited by Mokwaw on Sat Nov 12, 2011 9:59 am, edited 1 time in total.
UNITE
AJMD429
Posting leader...

Re: Indiana Firearms opener....

Post by AJMD429 »

I got a nice surprise from the guvment that will keep me busy all weekend - hundreds of pages of paperwork to fill out to 'justify' Medicare patient visits. If we spend more than a few minutes now with the patient, we basically have to lie and say we just did a 'brief' visit, for to charge Medicare for anything lengthy or complex they now threaten fines and so on. The elderly are sooooo getting screwed.

Maybe if I get up really early tomorrow and work all day Saturday on that stuff I can get out to hunt Sunday, though... :|
Doctors for Sensible Gun Laws
"first do no harm" - gun control LAWS lead to far more deaths than 'easy access' ever could.

Want REAL change? . . . . . "Boortz/Nugent in 2012 . . . ! "
earlmck
Advanced Levergunner

Post by earlmck »

AJMD429 wrote:to charge Medicare for anything lengthy or complex they now threaten fines and so on. The elderly are sooooo getting screwed.
And they totally force us old fanny burbs to be on Medicare. I was going to just stay with my regular insurance plan and have nothing to do with Medicare because I knew the Medicare bureaucracy was screwing over the docs and thus the patients. So first medical visit after the magic date and I get this gleeful letter from my ins. co. saying "due to federal law we can reimburse no more than Medicare would have reimbursed for this procedure". So whoopee! even if you opt out of medicare you are in by "federal law". And then every year you delay signing up for Part B, they then charge you a larger monthly fee when you finally realize you gotta' do it in self-protection.

I cringe now when I go in and have to caugh up the medicare card. But the docs that will see me still treat me nice. And my latest adventure with the medicals I find I better be thinking of a "total shoulder replacement". Bet medicare doesn't like that!

God I hate bureaucrats! And at one time I were one.
The greatest patriot...
is he who heals the most gullies.
Patrick Henry
Mokwaw
Levergunner 3.0

Post by Mokwaw »

Geez...I hate getting older. The actual shooting didn't start until this morning (Saturday). I guess all those guys were hanging stands or setting up blinds. Maybe it's a good thing that I can't walk the woods, I would have been a day early, and I don't think the Game Warden would take age into consideration.
UNITE
AJMD429
Posting leader...

Post by AJMD429 »

earlmck wrote:I cringe now when I go in and have to caugh up the medicare card. But the docs that will see me still treat me nice.
That's because so many of the 'young-fanny burbs' have an entitlement attitude and get angry if they have to wait over 30 minutes to have their (usually) minor ailments coddled - they don't care that the person(s) before them may have just found out they have cancer, or their spouse is getting Altzheimer's, so took more time than anticipated.

BACK ON TRACK though (sorry :oops: ) - my son is out there now with his bow, and texted me to tell me that three times he's had people (on either our property or the neighboring corporate property where nobody is allowed to hunt) shooting quite near him. I drove up and down the road and saw no parked vehicles, but some of the poacher-types just get dropped off by friends and cell-phone them when they're done. Probably the same types who steal trail-cams...

Anyway, I just had to put 100 bales of hay in the loft this AM, so if he gets one, I may make him drag it out himself... :D
Doctors for Sensible Gun Laws
"first do no harm" - gun control LAWS lead to far more deaths than 'easy access' ever could.

Want REAL change? . . . . . "Boortz/Nugent in 2012 . . . ! "
Nazgul
Levergunner 2.0

Post by Nazgul »

Hunted on MY OWN property for the first time in my life today! Recently remarried after my wife passed away and the wife owns 30 acres. My son in law and I had it all to ourselves. Beautiful weather, quiet, passed on a small doe this am. Tonight at dark I packed it in and gathered my stuff when my SIL shot. He nailed a big buck. It was all we could do to drag it downhill. Called me a little while ago - it weighed 220lbs.
A big deer here is 180-190. 8 Points but 22" wide and heavy. He is happy. End of a great day.

Don