Indiana 17pt. buck with the lever....

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
44magHunter
Levergunner 2.0

Indiana 17pt. buck with the lever....

Post by 44magHunter »

I have been after this same buck for a while..... I saw him (spooked him... :( ) back in October of 2010 when I was hanging a stand. I think I had snuck up on him good enought that it scared him out of the area for a while. I didn't see him at all that season, but I did get a trail camera picture of him (actually all he showed was his rack...) during the rut that November. I hunted hard with my bow (I'm usually a die-hard bowhunter, but in this case, I wanted the gun to increase my chance of success...) until the very last day of season in January, but he was always a step ahead of me.....

This year I guess I hunted smart in stead of just hunting hard. I knew where the does were going to be and I thought I knew this buck's bedding area. Finding bedding area was a little bit of a guess, but also based off of previous big buck sightings and some good TOPO mad studying..... This past summer I hung two stands that I knew I would have the best chance of seeing him from. One was near where I thought he was bedding and the other was in a doe bedding area.

I waited until the wind was perfect (Nov. 5) and then I hunted that first stand where I thought he was bedding. I think I was a little late on this hunt as he was not in the area. (I think buck bedroom stands have the highest probability before the rut when the buck is not wondering around chasin' does...) I saw plenty of rut action on the first hunt, but did not see him. He was probably off chasing a doe somewhere or other.... I realized I need to move the stand about 50 yards in order to better conceal myself from the deer's eyes and to give myself more of a better view of the area and approaching deer... I moved the stand as quickly and quietly as I could and then I got out of there without alerting any deer.

One week later (Nov. 12/yesterday) I came back and hunted the same stand again. Based on the amount of bucks chasing does I had seen, I knew it would be a good time to be there. I saw a ton of does that morning and a few little bucks trailing behind some of them. Action tapered off a little until around 10:00AM when I saw "HIM". He was following a lone doe that was obviously about to go into heat. I unfortunately did not get any shot at him because the range was far too long and there was a ton of brush/trees in between him and me. I made a mental note of where he went (down a drainage/valley and over to the next big hill about 400 yards away) and decided the best thing to do was bail out for the day as quetly as possible. Thanks to my earlier scouting, I knew the buck was following the doe into her bedding aea, where I already had stand #2.

The next morning (Nov. 13/today) I woke up just in time to get to this stand about 30 minutes before daylight. I thought I was running a little late, but I figured it would be worth a shot and the does don't usually get to thier beds until later anyway... 9:00AM rolls around and I have 6 does (actually I think two of them were button bucks...) come in and bed down between 50 and 75 yards. The lead doe was aware that "something" was in that tree and she did not like it. She kept on stamping her feet and trying to get me to move. I just made sure she never saw my eyes and I stayed as still as I possibly could. After a while, she settled down and decided I wasn't going to be a problem.... So here I am stuck in the middle of six does and I cannot move a muscle without spooking them all. I sat there practically without breathing all the way 'till about 12:45. I didn't think I could take any more of it. I had been sitting there in a cushinless treestand seat with my whole backside aching for hours. I thought for sure the buck would have already been here by now if he was coming at all. I was so close to convincing myself that I should just give up and go home..... Then I saw a doe come in out of the corner of my eye.... and guess who was behind her...... I recognized the forked tines in about half a second and I moved quickly as he was just about to get on the other side of a bunch of brush that would be impossible to shoot through. I managed to get into position for the shot without spooking any does. I settled the crosshairs on his heart and the shot was off. The buck flinched, walked about 10 step, stopped to look around and I took advantage of the situation. I thought for sure I had hit him the first time, but I didn't have time to study his vitals for any aparent wounds.... I took another shot and he just completely collapesed, fell on his side and just disappeared from my view. I was shocked. I didn't know what to think. I climed down from my stand to look for blood. It only took about a minute to find the blood from where he fell. I followed it about 10 feet to the edge of a cliff that is about 100 feet high and very steep. I looked to the bottom of the drainage and there he was. He had slid to the bottom and gotten caught in between two logs. Completely pinned and just letting out his last breath as I looked throught my scope at him. He was done for sure. I got my gear together and got to the bottom where he was. I had known all along that this buck was a big one, but I had no idea he had so many points on his rack...I thought he was about a 12-pointer, but I was pleasantly suprised with all the kickers he had.... I called my dad and told him that I had shot a little doe and I wanted to know if he could bring the truck around (buck ended up about 200 yards from our neighbor/tennants driveway...) so we could load here up. When he arrived, I walked him to the deer and needless to say he was suprised........

I am so grateful that I was able to actually scout this buck out and that I stuck to the plan. It all played out perfectly and I could not be more happy!!!!!

Thanks to my Dad (AJMD429) for owning the property that I hunt on (I'm basically spoiled rotten as far as that goes....) Also thanks to Mark for being a great employer and letting me have yesterday off work to be in the woods. I would not have known to hunt that stand today if I was not out there yesterday.... Finally thanks to my friend Darrell French for being an awesome buddy/mentor and giving some great pointers about how to be careful while hunting this buck and how to keep scent-free and keep from spooking him. Also for helping encourage me to stick with my plan and tuff it out in the stand all day, no matter how uncomfortable it was getting....

The buck has 17 scoreable points and an inside spread of 17.25". His tallest tine (right G2) is 12 inches tall and he has some sweet mass and palmation on a few of his tines. He's also got lots of gnarley junk around the bases as well as on his tines. He is a fantastic buck and I feel spoiled as heck to have gotten him.

Thanks for reading. Now this pictures:
(notice the trailcamera picture of him is right around the same time during the rut.....)
Levergun: Marlin, Ruger, Hornaday, Henry, Williams, Leupold
Black Gun: AeroPrecision, Magpul, Streamlight, Remington, McMillan, Sierra, Badger Ordinance, Harris, Jewel Triggers, Leupold
Archery: Hoyt, GoldTip, Axcel/TruBall, FeatherVision, Specialty, AAE, VaneTec, Doinker, ZeroTolerance, TopHat, Leupold
44magHunter
Levergunner 2.0

Re: Indiana 17pt. buck with the lever....

Post by 44magHunter »

Sorry. here are the pictures:

Black Gun: AeroPrecision, Magpul, Streamlight, Remington, McMillan, Sierra, Badger Ordinance, Harris, Jewel Triggers, Leupold
Archery: Hoyt, GoldTip, Axcel/TruBall, FeatherVision, Specialty, AAE, VaneTec, Doinker, ZeroTolerance, TopHat, Leupold
44magHunter
Levergunner 2.0

Post by 44magHunter »

I can't get the trailcam pic to upload. Is there a way to post pics on here without the use of PhotoBucket? Can you upload them straight from files on your computer?
Tycer
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Tycer »

Good hunt. That's how to do it.

You are spoiled. You got a great dad.
Kind regards,
Tycer
----------------------------------------------------------------
http://www.saf.org - https://peakprosperity.com/ - http://www.guntalk.com
Stan in SC
Levergunner 3.0

Post by Stan in SC »

That is the deer of a lifetime.Good going!

Stan in SC
The more I listen,the more I hear....and vice versa.

45-70,it's almost a religion
madman4570
Advanced Levergunner

Post by madman4570 »

That my friend is a buck of a life time.
Makes it extra special coming from your own land too.
What type mount you gonna do??(gotta mount that awesome deer)?( full shoulder mount?) :wink:
Most men/women hunt a lifetime and never get one of that type caliber.
Congrats(great story)tell Dad/Boss well done----and ( and let us know what that trophy ends up scoring?)
:wink: :mrgreen:
AJMD429
Posting leader...

Post by AJMD429 »

WHAT the heck are you doing posting at this time of day. . .

. . . if you are late for school there will be death...! :evil: :evil: :evil:

-----------------------------------------------------

On a more serious note, he's at school, and I'm at work, and it's now supposed to get to "70 degrees"... :shock:

Deer is hanging in the shade, and there is 80% likelihood of rain. Low tonight 49 degrees, tomorrow high 58 degrees and tomorrow night 38 degrees.

Update - got it quartered and in a cooler now - thanks, Doug...! :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
(I'm still stuck at work @ 7:08 pm :( )
Last edited by AJMD429 on Mon Nov 14, 2011 8:29 pm, edited 7 times in total.
Doctors for Sensible Gun Laws
"first do no harm" - gun control LAWS lead to far more deaths than 'easy access' ever could.

Want REAL change? . . . . . "Boortz/Nugent in 2012 . . . ! "
AJMD429
Posting leader...

Post by AJMD429 »

44magHunter wrote:I can't get the trailcam pic to upload. Is there a way to post pics on here without the use of PhotoBucket? Can you upload them straight from files on your computer?
He's such a retard... :roll:

First Buck when he was 13 (same gun) - Image

First Bow deer the next year - Image
"first do no harm" - gun control LAWS lead to far more deaths than 'easy access' ever could.

Hobie

Post by Hobie »

Thanks Tycer, have got it moved now.
Sincerely,

Hobie

"We are all travelers in the wilderness of this world, and the best that we find in our travels is an honest friend." Robert Louis Stevenson
Tycer
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Tycer »

I'd pack the body cavity with ice and wrap in plastic and cover with insulation of some sort. The ground on the North side of your buildings should be pretty cold still, maybe scrape away the top layer of leaves on the North side of a building and lay it there and use the leaves for insulation.
Kind regards,
Tycer
----------------------------------------------------------------
http://www.saf.org - https://peakprosperity.com/ - http://www.guntalk.com
JBledsoe
Levergunner 1.0

Post by JBledsoe »

What breed is that deer?

madman4570
Advanced Levergunner

Post by madman4570 »

Whatever you do(Mount that sucker)if $ is an issue(count me in for a donation)
I am thinking that deer is over 160 and in the 170+ range????
Good God---maybe in the 180's :o :shock:
If you don't mount it(you will regret it)forever.
I know 4 or 5 bills aint cheap(but that deer is a lifetime deer) :mrgreen:
6pt-sika
Advanced Levergunner

Post by 6pt-sika »

Congrats on that one !

The only thing I wouldn't like about that buck would be the ensuing taxidermist bill :lol:
Parkers , Mannlicher Schoenauer’s , 6.5mm's and my family in the Philippines !
kimwcook
Advanced Levergunner

Post by kimwcook »

Doc, you've gotta be pretty proud of your protege. That's great.

44mag, what a buck, but I see that's not the only nice buck you've harvested. Great job. Hunting smarter is always best, but sometimes hunting smarter and harder is the only way to get the job done. Whether hunting with a bow or with a rifle you can feel a great satisfaction that you set out to do something and you accomplished it. I'm sure this hunt is one you won't forget.

The coloring on that buck looks strange. He's definitely whitetail, but he looks like he might have alittle mulie in him. The way his tines split and the coloring.
Old Law Dawg
Pitchy
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Pitchy »

That is a dandy, congrats, nice rifle too. 8)
Because I Can, and Have
-------------------------------------------------------------
USAF-72-76
God Bless America.
Disclaimer, not responsible for anyone copying or building anything i make.
Always consult an expert first.
Borregos
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Borregos »

CONGRATULATIONS :D :D :D
Lots of meat there.
Pete
Sometimes I wonder if it is worthwhile gnawing through the leather straps to get up in the morning..................
2ndovc
Advanced Levergunner

Post by 2ndovc »

Nice Job!!

jb 8)
jasonB " Another Dirty Yankee"

" Tomorrow the sun will rise. Who knows what the tide could bring?"
earlmck
Advanced Levergunner

Post by earlmck »

AJMD429 wrote:What is best to do...?

Pack with ice and wrap in tarp...?
You can keep that meat fine for several days if you get it taken down by daylight, wrapped good with enough stuff for insulation effect and placed in your best cool place. Then hung up again at night to cool back out. We did this on the old Arizona ranch I grew up on, no electricity, etc. and kept beef for a couple of weeks nicely that way before having to can it, jerk it, all the things you do without a freezer...

One heck of a nice buck 44magHunter. Wow!
The greatest patriot...
is he who heals the most gullies.
Patrick Henry
damienph
Senior Levergunner

Post by damienph »

NICE DEER!!! Your Dad provided the land, and your friends helped you with advice but YOU worked hard and got that guy all by yourself.

Congratulations on a successful hunt and you have a future in writing. I really enjoyed your narrative of your hunt.

Your Dad HAS to be proud of you, I know that I would be be.
Les Staley
Levergunner 3.0

Post by Les Staley »

44maghunter: congrats on a BEAUTIFUL buck.. I enjoyed your story and all the details you included.. I've been hunting whitetails since 1961 and have only killed one whitetail as good as that.. almost a spittin' image of yours... I too, wonder if he has a little mulie in him.. those forked tops are markers of a mulie... could have a little mule deer blood running in his ....well.... not anymore, but you get my meaning... again.. CONGRATS..!!!!! Les
This is plagiarized from someone else, but I love it!

I was born a gun owner.
It wasn't a choice.
I didn't become one later in life.
I was born this way.
2X22
Levergunner 3.0

Post by 2X22 »

A GREAT writeup and an absolutely FANTASTIC buck!

Congradulations!

2x22
"Yes, we did produce a near-perfect republic. But will they keep it? Or will they, in the enjoyment of plenty, lose the memory of freedom? Material abundance without character is the path of destruction." - Thomas Jefferson
PaperPatch
Levergunner 3.0

Post by PaperPatch »

Outstanding work young man!!!

:wink:
Nath
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Nath »

Wow! You deserved it :D

Keep it up :)

N.
Psalm ch8.

Because I wish I could!
iceman
Senior Levergunner

Post by iceman »

That is one HECK OF A BUCK!!!. You also gave a very good explanation of how the hunt went down. I have hunted deer for too many years and the biggest I have taken is only 10 points. That my friend is a once in a life time event in my opinion and you should be very proud, as should your Dad. I hope that you continue to have success hunting. but don't expect all of them to be this size.
Happiness is a comfortable stump on a sunny south facing mountain.
Ji in Hawaii
Senior Levergunner

Post by Ji in Hawaii »

WOW... :o Congratulations! What an awesome buck of a lifetime, now you can stop hunting. :wink: I know your daddy is proud. :mrgreen:
PS. LOVE your choice in weapon, my favorite for over 35 years.
Illegitimus Non Carborundum
Akā, ʻo ka poʻe hilinaʻi aku iā Iēhova, e ulu hou nō ko lākou ikaika;
E piʻi ʻēheu aku nō lākou i luna, e like me nā ʻaito;
E holo nō lākou, ʻaʻole hoʻi e māloʻeloʻe,
E hele mua nō lākou, ʻaʻole hoʻi e maʻule.
`Isaia 40:31
Canuck Bob
Senior Levergunner

Post by Canuck Bob »

Best hunting story I've read in years. And very unique for hunting stories because it is true! You earned that trophy.

Most impressed with your manners and humility. Must be your mom's influence!!!
Rusty
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Rusty »

Congratulations, that is one fine buck. AND, you worked hard for it.
If you're gonna be stupid ya gotta be tough-
Isiah 55:8&9

It's easier to fool people than it is to convince them they have been fooled.
M. M. Wright
Advanced Levergunner

Post by M. M. Wright »

Great job 44mH,
What a deer and your story was fantastic. Congrats
M. M. Wright, Sheriff, Green county Arkansas (1860)
Currently living my eternal life.
NRA Life
SASS
ITSASS
Dave
Senior Levergunner

Post by Dave »

Incredible job hunting that buck! That is a super deer! You have snatched the pebble from your mentor's hand for sure Grasshopper!
Sixgun
Posting leader...
Location: S.E. Pa. Where The Finest Winchesters & Colts Reside

Post by Sixgun »

Young man, THAT is an impressive buck. :D Nice job with a fine levergun.

I hate to be the "fly in the ointment" guy here, but there is one major downfall with your deer-------------How are you gonna top that one?? :D --------------Sixgun
1st. Gen. Colt SAA’s, 1878 D.A.45 and a 38-55 Marlin TD

AJMD429
Posting leader...

Post by AJMD429 »

Canuck Bob wrote:Best hunting story I've read in years. And very unique for hunting stories because it is true!
Well, actually he did tell a LIE . . . remember the part where he said he told me he "shot a doe". :?

I think he even said it was "not a very big doe, but one he thought he should shoot because she wouldn't make it through the winter" (he's done that in the past, as he's pretty much the 'humanitarian' type hunter). As we walked up the hill to it (without the deer sled, since it was "just a little doe" :roll: ), he said something about it being a really strange looking doe, with a real thick neck. Yeah, right.

So - it does qualify as a "hunting story", because it does have the requisite 'untruth' - told to his poor dad, no less... :o

His dad, who is more of a 'shooter who happens to hunt' vs. a 'hunter who happens to shoot', will hopefully manage during the gun season to wake up sometime before noon, drink enough coffee to warm up the old bones, and spend some time nodding off in a tree-stand, finally to harvest some sickly-looking doe, one stupid enough to stagger and stumble out in front of the old man and stand there where he adjusts his spectacles and suspender, checks his pocket-watch, and fires up the musket.

The pressure is now too great - no way I'll top 44MagHunter's success. :( (actually, 8) 8) :wink: )

RIHMFIRE
Advanced Levergunner

Post by RIHMFIRE »

WOW.....CONGRATULATIONS
What a buck....you done great!
LETS GO SHOOT'N BOYS
44magHunter
Levergunner 2.0

Post by 44magHunter »

Thanks everyone for the kind words.

Believe it or not, I actually don't want to do a shouler mount. I have always done my own mounts. I do European (Full skull with Antlers) mounts instead of full cape mounts. I just like the way a skull looks better. Seem more natural and I know there is no fake nose, eyes, etc... I think a skull on a wooden plaque looks much better than a fully cloaked head/neck just randomly sticking out of the wall. I just cannot stand the way a shoulder mount looks, I guess. I would rather either have a full body mount or just a skull mount. Full body mounts are SOOOOOOOOO expensive, though and take up so much room. I just personally think it looks better with a skull/antler mount. It also gives me more of a sense of pride becasue I know I did it. Plus, it costs a grand total of $0.00 for me to do my own.

On another note, my mother was kind enough to run to the gas station while I was at school and got some big bags of ice. She and my little rugrat sister packed it with ice and tarped it for the day. When I got home, I skinned it and cut it in half behind the ribs. We had an empty chest freezer that was reserved for deer, so my uncle helped me lift the halves into the freezer. I preserved the skin and my friend Darrell knows a place I can get it tanned for $50. I would do it myself, but I don't have the time or the know-how.... someday....

Now it's time to start whackin' the does on my uncle's farm with the bow.......

Thanks everyone. Have a safe and productive season.

P.S. I think a career in writing hunting stories would e very fun, but also very difficult to live by.... I could always try to get a column in some magazine or something. I have a feeling it would be very hard to support a family by without a full-time job also....
44magHunter
Levergunner 2.0

Post by 44magHunter »

JBledsoe wrote:.

What breed is that deer?

It's 100% Whitetail. Muleys only go as far east as westerm KS as far as anyone knows.....

The forked tine are freakin' AWESOME!!! Buck has some character to him.

What really gets me, though is the fact that this buck's body is not real huge. I think he is only a 3.5 y.o buck based on his body shape (not fully as long of a body as 4.5 y.o. (fully grown) buck). He was only 210 lbs live weight according to our scale (which we determined is off by 15-20 lbs....) The first buck I ever killed had a much bigger body and prolly weighed about 210 dressed and more like 275 live weight. This year's buck must have just had awesome genetics. I really hope it did get to breed several does....

Finally, as I said before (and some of ya'll agreed) I am very fortunate/spoiled as far as hunting land goes. It's quite a blessing to live near (and actually get to see/hunt) bucks like this. I just hope that my dad and Darrell can get some big ones sometime.... they deserve it.....

I'll get some trail cam pics of the buck I killed and others I have never seen but have pics of......
kimwcook
Advanced Levergunner

Post by kimwcook »

I don't know, 44mag. There's a lot of folks making decent money by hunting as a full time gig. I know that's not writing, but it sure is having a lot of fun.
Old Law Dawg
44magHunter
Levergunner 2.0

Post by 44magHunter »

kimwcook wrote:I don't know, 44mag. There's a lot of folks making decent money by hunting as a full time gig. I know that's not writing, but it sure is having a lot of fun.

That is true, but you gotta know the right people....... And be a very good business person (gotta get your writing/product/whatever out to potential readers, buyers, sponsors, etc......), or you will not get very far..... I'll keep working on my writing, though and see where it gets me. You never know......
Ysabel Kid

Post by Ysabel Kid »

Y2K is going to be SO jealous! Congratulations!!!
ollogger
Advanced Levergunner

Post by ollogger »

great buck there 44 good story also, thats a buck that has the shock
factor & ya kept your cool, great job
my wife use to write a little, short stories bout horses & hunting
she got 500.00 one time for a elk hunt story & she didnt get the elk
but she has a flare for the story
kinda like you
ollogger
kaschi
Levergunner 3.0

Post by kaschi »

Was it taken in Southern Indiana? Looks kinda hilly judging by the pic. Just curious.
1894c

Post by 1894c »

Canuck Bob wrote:Best hunting story I've read in years. And very unique for hunting stories because it is true! You earned that trophy.

Most impressed with your manners and humility. Must be your mom's influence!!!
+1
kevin in nh
Levergunner 1.0

Post by kevin in nh »

Great story.....great hunt, and good for you....you stuck by your plan, and then adapted when necessary....congrats young man.....and the Deer in your area are on borrowed time!
44magHunter
Levergunner 2.0

Post by 44magHunter »

Here be the trail camera pics:

Wide 8 (I have a few pics of him and he is a regular all summer/early fall.... Have never seen him from a treestand....)

Tall 8 (I have one of his 2008 and one of his 2010 sheds...I think I know where he's been bedding this year and hope he'll stick to the same pattern this coming year...)

Massive 9 (Probably the most awesome buck around.... I have both of his 2008 sheds when he was a 10pt. I think this buck has gotten so old he is starting to go downhill. I would guess 7.5+ years. I would still love to get a shot at him and would take him given the chance. He's a very smart/old buck that would creat a real challenge. I think I have seen him twice from distance, but not for sure it was him. I hope he is still alive next year....)

NICE 12 (I have never seen this buck and this is the only picture we have of him. Never found any sheds of his....)

Finally "The Big Freak" buck: (deceased)
Last edited by 44magHunter on Tue Nov 15, 2011 6:41 am, edited 1 time in total.
44magHunter
Levergunner 2.0

Post by 44magHunter »

kaschi wrote:Was it taken in Southern Indiana? Looks kinda hilly judging by the pic. Just curious.
Yup. South-Central Indiana......
LESAGEMIKE
Levergunner

Post by LESAGEMIKE »

Darn Hunter that is a monster big deer. I have never killed anything near that big (heck your top 2 dwarf me!) I have know your Dad since college and been to the great place where you live. Hope you were not late for school!! I also know Mom and I am sure Patty is proud as well.
AJMD429
Posting leader...

Post by AJMD429 »

I thought you were doing your homework.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by AJMD429 on Wed Nov 16, 2011 12:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.

44magHunter
Levergunner 2.0

Post by 44magHunter »

AJMD429 wrote:
posted.JPG
I did all but two AP Calc. probelms last night. When I woke up, I went to the internet to see if I could figure them out that way.... Turns out they were easier than I thought..... I then finished the post.........

And YES, I did make it to school with time to spare!
AJMD429
Posting leader...

Post by AJMD429 »

44magHunter wrote:I did all but two AP Calc. probelms last night. When I woke up, I went to the internet (that would be Leverguns Forum...??) to see if I could figure them out that way.... Turns out they were easier than I thought..... I then finished the post.........
And YES, I did make it to school with time to spare!
Well, I'll admit, there IS alot of collective expertise here on the Leverguns Forum.... :wink:

....but it was Tuesday AM, and you forgot to take out the trash, Mr. "I always do my chores..." :roll:

Blaine
Posting leader...

Post by Blaine »

I've hunted around Columbus, and down at the Jefferson Proving Grounds bunches......Ind. is wonderful WhiteTail country. The blacktails out here are like trying to find the pot of gold at the end of the rainbow :lol:
The Rotten Fruit Always Hits The Ground First

Proud Life Member Of:
NRA
Second Amendment Foundation
Citizens Committee For The Right To Keep And Bear Arms
DAV
44magHunter
Levergunner 2.0

Post by 44magHunter »

BlaineG wrote:I've hunted around Columbus, and down at the Jefferson Proving Grounds bunches......Ind. is wonderful WhiteTail country. The blacktails out here are like trying to find the pot of gold at the end of the rainbow :lol:
I'd love to come out there and try my hand at the blacktails one day.... Be great challenge spot-n-stalk with a bow......
gimdandy
Levergunner 2.0

Post by gimdandy »

VERY IMPRESSIVE 44MAGHUNTER nice buck also