CZ Shotguns

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
RustyJr
Levergunner 3.0

CZ Shotguns

Post by RustyJr »

I made an earlier post about Ithaca shotguns and while I'm still looking at them I am wondering if anyone has any experiance with CZ's shotguns, particularly their side by sides. I like the looks of their Ringneck model but am open to suggestions. I've wanted a nice bird gun for a while and I've always liked the looks of a nice double barreled side by side. Thanks again for your input.

RustyJr
Life is a storm, my young friend. You will bask in the sunlight one moment, be shattered on the rocks the next. What makes you a man is what you do when that storm comes.
gamekeeper
Spambot Zapper

Re: CZ Shotguns

Post by gamekeeper »

I haven't seen the latest CZ shotguns but their old side by side was a very well made shotgun.
Whatever you do always give 100%........... unless you are donating blood.
Nath
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Nath »

game keeper wrote:I haven't seen the latest CZ shotguns but their old side by side was a very well made shotgun.

Thats just what I was gonna' say :)

N.
Psalm ch8.

Because I wish I could!
M. M. Wright
Advanced Levergunner

Post by M. M. Wright »

Baretta makes a very nice side x side double. I have one I use for CAS. Has the Greener crossbolt. Mine has 26" bbls. and is very light and handy.
M. M. Wright, Sheriff, Green county Arkansas (1860)
Currently living my eternal life.
NRA Life
SASS
ITSASS
Dave
Senior Levergunner

Post by Dave »

I have a 20 gauge Bobwhite that I am very fond of. It has double triggers. CZ had a little trouble with the single trigger guns at first but they are supposed to be ok now. The blue on them is not particularly rugged. My gun is already getting silvery where I carry it. That is my only complaint. It is a deluxe squirrel gun for sure. They are actually made by Huglo for Cz. CDNN has had some good prices on them and other doubles in the past. I haven't looked at their catalog lately though.
foxtrapper
Levergunner 2.0

Post by foxtrapper »

From what I heard ( no experience) the fsxs cz's are a very good gun. I agree a straight stocked 20 gauge or smaller sxs are art! The 12 gauge sxs are too clunky looking for me. Oh, one of the Wednesday outdoor channels shows did a segment on the new digs in Sandusky Ohio of Ithaca guns . Made me want to buy one :D
Old No7
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Old No7 »

Dave wrote:"I have a 20 gauge Bobwhite that I am very fond of... It has double triggers...
They are actually made by Huglu for CZ..."
I have a 20 ga Bobwhite too, as I really wanted a SXS with double-triggers and English (straight stock) and it's a very nice shooter, handles great! She's a pretty good looker too!
CZ-Bbwht 01 (Medium).JPG
CZ-Bbwht 02 (Medium).JPG
CZ-Bbwht 03 (Medium).JPG
Instead of writing a full review here, I'll point you to this excellent GunBlast Review of the CZ Bobwhite 20 Gauge. I'd actually found that review after I got mine, and while there are much better SXSs out there, for the $625 I paid years ago, it's been a very a nice shooter.

CZs do have their detractors for sure. Seems folks either love 'em, or hate 'em. I love mine for what it is. There is an entire forum over on Shotgun World devoted to the Huglu (CZ) Shotguns and you can read more reports there about other models. You may want to spend some time over there -- just be sure to come back here!!! :wink:

Good luck!

Old No7
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
"Freedom and the Second Amendment... One cannot exist without the other." © 2000 DTH
barbarossa
Senior Levergunner

Post by barbarossa »

Take a look at the Pedersoli La Bohiemme.Beautiful gun with outside hammers ,browned barrels and engraved casecolored action.
jager3
Levergunner

Post by jager3 »

I have a CZ SXS Ringneck in a 28ga. It is one of my favorite shotguns. Because of its small size and weight in the 28ga I got the 28" barrel; it balances and "swings" really nice! Huglo is a good quality and shooting gun for the money.