Just noticed something...

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
airedaleman
Levergunner 3.0

Just noticed something...

Post by airedaleman »

Just finished a magazineful of CB longs in my basic Henry lever action. I bought this for me for my 70th birthday back in 2009. Just realized there are no dire rollstamped warnings or instructions on this firearm!
Guess the Imperato family trusts the user....
Anty Henry bashers care to comment?
Riamh Nar Dhruid O Spairn Lann
- motto on the Irish Regiments' flags
Griff
Posting leader...

Re: Just noticed something...

Post by Griff »

Regardless of what I've said before... their copy of the Erma Werke's little .22 lever gun is well done. Not too surprising as the Imperato family was involved with Iver Johnson, an importer of the Erma Werke's M1 .22 cal copy.

Frankly, if they'd just kept, or re-opened as Iver Johnson, ALMOST all my angst would disappear.

However, since Iver Johnson pistols were used in two famous assassinations, you'd think they'd be more circumspect in their lack of warnings! :twisted:
Griff,
SASS/CMSA #93
NRA Patron
GUSA #93

There is a fine line between hobby & obsession!
AND... I'm over it!!
No I ain't ready, but let's do it anyway!
airedaleman
Levergunner 3.0

Post by airedaleman »

Griff wrote:Regardless of what I've said before... their copy of the Erma Werke's little .22 lever gun is well done. Not too surprising as the Imperato family was involved with Iver Johnson, an importer of the Erma Werke's M1 .22 cal copy.

Frankly, if they'd just kept, or re-opened as Iver Johnson, ALMOST all my angst would disappear.

However, since Iver Johnson pistols were used in two famous assassinations, you'd think they'd be more circumspect in their lack of warnings! :twisted:
Clever marketing on Imperato's part, coupled with a solid effort to do things right. They seem to have prospered where Erma, Iver Johnson, and - let's not forget - Ithaca bombed with this design.

Without peeking, the products of the Iver Johnson Firearms and Cycle Works in Fitchburg, Mass did in Presidents Garfield and McKinley. (Garfield probably would have survived had his doctors kept their dirty fingers out of his wound. My wife's grandfather was a telegrapher for the Jersey Central Railroad at Long Branch NJ and transmitted daily updates on Garfield's treatment.)
Riamh Nar Dhruid O Spairn Lann
- motto on the Irish Regiments' flags
1894c

Post by 1894c »

don't own a Henry--but no bashing here...they've sold a boat load of 'em...the guys I know who have one like them and shoot them allot (almost cult like following)...I think it was a great choice for your birthday...and it's really good to know that the owner's of Henry ignored their lawyers...a practice that should, at times, be repeated... :)
Streetstar
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Streetstar »

I like mine! :D I have never had a higher end .22 lever to compare it to, -- but the HEnry does everything i need, gobbles up Shorts like a champ , and is accurate enough that i dont know how they could improve on it except for a couple of aesthetic issues.

Plus the basic wood and bluing means i dont have to pamper it, if it picks up a scratch while being pulled across the handlebars of my 4 wheeler, -- its not that big a deal

(note: i dont purposely treat any of my guns rough, but when you use them, sometimes things happen)
----- Doug
JerryB
Advanced Levergunner

Post by JerryB »

You got a real fine little .22 levergun, my grandson bought one a couple of years ago and it is really a pleasure to use, very accurate and smooth. By any name it is a great little rifle.
JerryB II Corinthians 3:17, Now the Lord is that Spirit: and where the Spirit of the Lord is, there is liberty.

JOSHUA 24:15
Leverdude
Senior Levergunner

Post by Leverdude »

I like their 22s & while the rest dont appeal to me they seem a good company to deal with. My only real issue with them is marketing ethics.
bdhold

Post by bdhold »

marketing ethics is an oxymoron.

Marketers know the good points of anything sell themselves.
Their job is to make the weak points look not so bad.

Very happy with my daughter's H001.
Last edited by bdhold on Tue Feb 14, 2012 10:03 am, edited 1 time in total.
jdad
Advanced Levergunner

Post by jdad »

If they'd put a 24" barrel and D&T'd the receiver (for a peep sight), on the H001T, I would have bought one years ago.
I know a whole lot about very little and nothing about a whole lot.