BEARCAT RANGE REPORT--TERRY MURBACH, HE'S RIGHT... :)

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
1894c

BEARCAT RANGE REPORT--TERRY MURBACH, HE'S RIGHT... :)

Post by 1894c »

well took the RUGER BEARCAT shooting today with my daughter, my niece from nys (who has never shot before), my daughter's best friend, and my friday shooting buddy. we loaded 4 bricks of federal bulk .22cal, 12 gauge shotgun shells (estate), 22-250 reloads, .45 acp (s&b), two single-six's, remington 700, mossberg 500d, s&w 1911 compact, s&w m&p 15-22, browning bl-22, and the new BEARCAT...we also had to stop for chocolate milk and donuts...go figure ...:)

we set up three firing lines, one 20 yds, 50 yds, and 100 yds and we proceeded to have a blast for the next three hours...no paper targets today--just two boxes of clay pigeons (that's 180 clays), 12 soda cans, and 2 large tin cans. we also showed the three girls how to load, un-load each and every gun--went over and established good safety habits.

we shot all of the clays--2 1/2 bricks of .22cal, 60 rnds of 22-250, 25 shotgun shells...

In the end all of us shot the BEARCAT---allot. all of the girls liked it and shot well with it (my daughter liked the engraving on the cylinder), my buddy said it was too small for his liking, but he shot it well--he was in the process of packing it up in his stuff when i caught him. and for me, it shot great, exactly what i've been looking for in a deer-woods-camp-woods-loafing sidearm. it's not perfect, a little challenging, some naval-trajectory--but in the end i'm glad i got it...my daughter has already asked if she can have the BEARCAT or get her own...apparently money for the mall ain't' going to cut it...
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by 1894c on Sat Apr 07, 2012 12:00 am, edited 1 time in total.
RIHMFIRE
Advanced Levergunner

Re: BEARCAT RANGE REPORT--TERRY MURBACH, HE'S RIGHT... :)

Post by RIHMFIRE »

way to go! :D :D :D
Looks like they had a blast.....

I need to go to the range!
LETS GO SHOOT'N BOYS
Sixgun
Posting leader...
Location: S.E. Pa. Where The Finest Winchesters & Colts Reside

Post by Sixgun »

Buy that man a ceeeegar! :D

The girls look very happy---'ya done good! Now, who cleaned the guns? :D -----------Sixgun
1st. Gen. Colt SAA’s, 1878 D.A.45 and a 38-55 Marlin TD

Base Pin Maker
Levergunner

Post by Base Pin Maker »

Just keep listening to Terry, you'll do fine. Kelye @ Belt Mtn
1894c

Post by 1894c »

Sixgun wrote:Buy that man a ceeeegar! :D

The girls look very happy---'ya done good! Now, who cleaned the guns? :D -----------Sixgun
my buddy and i showed the girls how--they helped...we both noticed that the girls were very focused on thier shooting and reloading...they made each shot count... :)
gamekeeper
Spambot Zapper

Post by gamekeeper »

Sounds like a perfect way to introduce shooting all types of firearms...fun too! :D
Whatever you do always give 100%........... unless you are donating blood.
piller
Posting leader...

Post by piller »

There is a lot of good to be said for a .22lr wheelgun that is the right size for the younger or smaller shooter. Hope you have made lifelong shooters of those young ladies.
D. Brian Casady
Quid Llatine Dictum Sit, Altum Viditur.
Advanced is being able to do the basics while your leg is on fire---Bill Jeans
Don't ever take a fence down until you know why it was put up---Robert Frost
Pete44ru
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Pete44ru »

Ya done good !

The best part, about starting kids into shooting young is - they get excited & want to take a friend or two along.

That can't help but expand our sport & keep the gun community going, long after we've gone for the Dirt Nap.

olyinaz
Advanced Levergunner

Post by olyinaz »

Pete44ru wrote:Ya done good !

The best part, about starting kids into shooting young is - they get excited & want to take a friend or two along.

That can't help but expand our sport & keep the gun community going, long after we've gone for the Dirt Nap.
Exactly! Well done.

Oly
Cheers,
Oly

I hope and pray someday the world will learn
That fires we don't put out will bigger burn

Johnny Wright
Old Savage
Posting leader...

Post by Old Savage »

Well now that is just dandy - now the govt. that is trying to keep track of everything had three more to worry about.
In the High Desert of Southern Calif. ..."on the cutting edge of going back in time"...

Terry Murbach
Shootist

Post by Terry Murbach »

THIS IS A MOST PLEASING POST TO READ. I HAVE ALWAYS TRIED TO WRITE ABOUT THE FUN-OF-A-GUN AND HOW PLEASING THEY ARE TO MASTER AFTER A WHILE WITH A LOT OF TINCAN PLINKING ETC.
JUST TWEEN US IT TOOK ME 52,000 ROUNDS THE FIRST YEAR AFTER GETTING A COLT 22 HUNTSMAN FOR MY SIXTEENTH BIRTHDAY. COULDN'T HIT 3lb COFFEE CANS AT 20' THE FIRST DAY, 365 DAYS LATER I COULD HIT CAMPBELLS SOUP CANS OUT AT THE BACK LINE OF OUR YARD, 50 YARDS AWAY. MISSED A FEW TOO UNDERSTAND....
RIDE, SHOOT STRAIGHT, AND SPEAK THE TRUTH
Pitchy
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Pitchy »

Most excellant, thanks for sharing. 8)
Because I Can, and Have
-------------------------------------------------------------
USAF-72-76
God Bless America.
Disclaimer, not responsible for anyone copying or building anything i make.
Always consult an expert first.