Davis Gun Museum in Claremore, Ok. where Will Rodgers was fr

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
afish4570
Levergunner 2.0

Davis Gun Museum in Claremore, Ok. where Will Rodgers was fr

Post by afish4570 »

Spent the afternoon there while my truck was being serviced at Dodge deal across the street. One of the largest collection of guns in the world. Paid something but forgot exactly how much. The facility is owned by the state of Ok. A must see if you have the time while you are driving thru. afish4570 8) 8)
afish4570
sullkat

Re: Davis Gun Museum in Claremore, Ok. where Will Rodgers was fr

Post by sullkat »

Yup, really cool place lived about 30mi from there when I was a kid. made many visits along with the Will Rodgers museum.
C. Cash
Advanced Levergunner

Post by C. Cash »

Thanks for the heads up....gotta get there and to the Texas ranger museum.
But God demonstrates his own love for us in this: While we were still sinners, Christ died for us. Romans 5:8
Walker
Levergunner 3.0

Post by Walker »

Loved that place. Used to visit there, the Will Rogers museum, the Pawnee Bill home/museum, and the Cowboy Hall of Fame every year with Dad.
marlinman93
Advanced Levergunner

Post by marlinman93 »

Spent a day there back about 7 yrs. ago when I was visiting my brother on vacation. I liked it even more than the Buffalo Bill Museum in Cody! The number and variety of guns was impressive! Fee was a donation back then, and we were happy to donate!
Pre WWI Marlins and Singleshot rifles!
http://members.tripod.com/~OregonArmsCollectors/
Streetstar
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Streetstar »

been there twice while travelling through ---- the amount and variety of firearms is a bit overwhelming --- its impossible to look at it all in an hour or two unless you are just casually running through there. Better to give yourself a few hours .
I met a photographer who was there and he stated he had been photographing the guns there for a week !

A pretty comprehensive collection of leverguns. I like seeing a ton of the European sporting rifles too, Schutzens, Mannlichers and the like
----- Doug
Old Ironsights
Posting leader...

Post by Old Ironsights »

More unused guns... :cry:
C2N14... because life is not energetic enough.
מנא, מנא, תקל, ופרסין Daniel 5:25-28... Got 7.62?
Not Depressed enough yet? Go read National Geographic, July 1976
Gott und Gewehr mit uns!
bluesman423
Levergunner 2.0

Post by bluesman423 »

Many of the more valuable firearms at the museum were actually sold off many years ago, too bad. It is still a fantastic place about 15 minutes away from where I live.

Before the museum was built the guns were actually displayed on the wall inside a local business about a block from the museum. I remember seeing them when I was just a youngster.