What happened?

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
pdawg.shooter
Levergunner 2.0

What happened?

Post by pdawg.shooter »

I used to come here a lot to read about and learn about lever guns. Now, about 1 post in 10 is about lever guns. Guess it is time to move on.
sore shoulder
Advanced Levergunner

Re: What happened?

Post by sore shoulder »

Ok, well post something up then. Since day one the rules stated " We discuss most anything here...". Other wise congratulations, you just added to the non levergun posts. :lol:
"He has erected a multitude of New Offices, and sent hither swarms of Officers to harass our people and eat out their substance." Declaration of Independance, July 4, 1776
11B30
Panzercat
Levergunner 3.0

Post by Panzercat »

...Proud owner of the 11.43×23mm automatic using depleted Thorium rounds.
AJMD429
Posting leader...

Post by AJMD429 »

I guess it's time for the "I'm quitting because there are too many 'Off Topic' posts" post. :roll:

We should just schedule these complaint-posts, and take turns posting them, or just re-link to the same thread periodically out of some time-worn 'duty' to the Ghost of Leverguns Past.

Personally, I LIKE the posts about welding, adjusting revolver sights, reloading, tractors, airplanes, and all the other "guy stuff" that MOST of us who like leverguns ALSO like...

When I'm not in the mood to see such things, I discipline myself accordingly, and don't "click" on them. There ARE plenty of levergun posts on everything from vintage walnut-and-steel ones, to modern 'tactical' ones, and from real-live hunting stories with leverguns, to range competition, repairs, and so on.
Doctors for Sensible Gun Laws
"first do no harm" - gun control LAWS lead to far more deaths than 'easy access' ever could.

Want REAL change? . . . . . "Boortz/Nugent in 2012 . . . ! "
harry
Senior Levergunner

Post by harry »

pdawg.shooter wrote:I used to come here a lot to read about and learn about lever guns. Now, about 1 post in 10 is about lever guns. Guess it is time to move on.
Well . . . . . . . . . . Bye then.
Harry
Trump 2024

All responses have been cleared by the law firm of "Elmer and Fudd."
Blaine
Posting leader...

Post by Blaine »

C'mon, PawDawg....take six beers and call us in the morning :lol:
The Rotten Fruit Always Hits The Ground First

Proud Life Member Of:
NRA
Second Amendment Foundation
Citizens Committee For The Right To Keep And Bear Arms
DAV
sore shoulder
Advanced Levergunner

Post by sore shoulder »

harry wrote:
pdawg.shooter wrote:I used to come here a lot to read about and learn about lever guns. Now, about 1 post in 10 is about lever guns. Guess it is time to move on.
Well . . . . . . . . . . Bye then.
Harry
Image GIFSoup
"He has erected a multitude of New Offices, and sent hither swarms of Officers to harass our people and eat out their substance." Declaration of Independance, July 4, 1776
11B30
rjohns94
Advanced Levergunner

Post by rjohns94 »

what doc said +1
Mike Johnson,

"Only those who will risk going too far, can possibly find out how far one can go." T.S. Eliot
Nath
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Nath »

What with the good nature and good will around here it wins in my opinion no matter what is discussed.

It is sweet when a lever is used to harvest game though :)

N.
Psalm ch8.

Because I wish I could!
GonnePhishin
Senior Levergunner

Post by GonnePhishin »

What Doc said +2.

Be sure to call when you get there.
"The beauty of the second amendment is that it will not be needed until they try to take it." - Thomas Jefferson

"I know not what course other men may take, but as for me, Give me Liberty or Give me Death!" - Patrick Henry
Blaine
Posting leader...

Post by Blaine »

Maybe Dr. Phil would give a few on the board a multi-patient group discount...Or, they could go fishing 8)

Proud Life Member Of:
NRA
DAV
Terry Murbach
Shootist

Post by Terry Murbach »

YOU ARE RIGHT, SIR !!! AND AS YOU CAN SEE FROM MOST, BUT NOT ALL, OF THE DUMBAZZ ANSWERS BELOW THEY'RE PROUD OF WHAT THEY'VE ACCOMPLISHED IN TRASHING WHAT WAS FORMERLY ONE OF THE MOST INTERESTING SHOOTING SITES ON THE INTERNET. SINCE IT BECAME OBVIOUS, TO THE POWERS THAT BE, THAT MOST, BUT NOT ALL, OF THE NEW POSTERS KNEW LITTLE ABOUT LEVERGUNS, COULD NOT ASK AN INTELLIGENT QUESTION ABOUT THEM, NOR EVEN MORE OBVIOUSLY ANSWER ANY QUESTIONS ABOUT LEVERGUNS, ALL THE FORMERLY ' OFF-TOPIC' NOTES ON SUCH POSTS WERE DROPPED. THIS IN AND OF ITSELF WOULD NOT BE SO BAD IF THEY KNEW SOMETHING ABOUT OTHER FIREARMS BUT ALAS !!! THAT WAS NOT TO BE EITHER. INSTEAD THIS HAS BECOME AN OL' HAGS SEWING CIRCLE WHERE YOU TALK ABOUT ANYTHING, THE MORE WORTHLESS THE BETTER, BUT NEVER BUT NEVER EVER SOLVE ANY PROBLEMS OR YOU'LL NO LONGER HAVE ANYTHING TO TALK ABOUT, IF YOU DO....WOW!!!! ARE WE HAVING FUN NOW OR WHAT ??!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
RIDE, SHOOT STRAIGHT, AND SPEAK THE TRUTH
Nath
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Nath »

:lol: 8)

N.
Psalm ch8.

Because I wish I could!
Dave
Senior Levergunner

Post by Dave »

Probably just the season. Levers are more of a Fall/Winter thing. Now we are fishing and other stuff. I do take a lever fishing though. I have learned a lot here in addition to lever stuff. Don't run off too soon.
mikld
Advanced Levergunner

Post by mikld »

Wow! Now that the Lever Gun God has spoken I'm glad I found out I'm too stupid to post here. I may have inadvertantly said something interesting. Mebbe I should sell my leverguns and single actions and leave Leverguns.com 'cause I surely can't live up to Mr. Murbach's "requirements for posting".

What an ***
Mike
Vocatus atque non vocatus, Deus aderit...
I've learned how to stand on my own two knees...
DixieBoy
Senior Levergunner

Post by DixieBoy »

I'm with ya mikld.

Terry, why don't you blow it out your butt ? - DixieBoy
When the People Fear Their Government There is Tyranny; When the Government Fears the People There is Liberty.
tman
Advanced Levergunner

Post by tman »

Terry Murbach wrote:
YOU ARE RIGHT, SIR !!! AND AS YOU CAN SEE FROM MOST, BUT NOT ALL, OF THE DUMBAZZ ANSWERS BELOW THEY'RE PROUD OF WHAT THEY'VE ACCOMPLISHED IN TRASHING WHAT WAS FORMERLY ONE OF THE MOST INTERESTING SHOOTING SITES ON THE INTERNET. SINCE IT BECAME OBVIOUS, TO THE POWERS THAT BE, THAT MOST, BUT NOT ALL, OF THE NEW POSTERS KNEW LITTLE ABOUT LEVERGUNS, COULD NOT ASK AN INTELLIGENT QUESTION ABOUT THEM, NOR EVEN MORE OBVIOUSLY ANSWER ANY QUESTIONS ABOUT LEVERGUNS, ALL THE FORMERLY ' OFF-TOPIC' NOTES ON SUCH POSTS WERE DROPPED. THIS IN AND OF ITSELF WOULD NOT BE SO BAD IF THEY KNEW SOMETHING ABOUT OTHER FIREARMS BUT ALAS !!! THAT WAS NOT TO BE EITHER. INSTEAD THIS HAS BECOME AN OL' HAGS SEWING CIRCLE WHERE YOU TALK ABOUT ANYTHING, THE MORE WORTHLESS THE BETTER, BUT NEVER BUT NEVER EVER SOLVE ANY PROBLEMS OR YOU'LL NO LONGER HAVE ANYTHING TO TALK ABOUT, IF YOU DO....WOW!!!! ARE WE HAVING FUN NOW OR WHAT ??!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
darn! :lol:
Blaine
Posting leader...

Post by Blaine »

:wink: He'd still help you with freely given, excellent info if you PMed him.... We're all a bit quirky, are we not? :? A national treasure. He!!, Paton was a real character, too :lol:

Proud Life Member Of:
NRA
DAV
harry
Senior Levergunner

Post by harry »

Terry Murbach wrote:
If you are the kind of people that were on here before I can see why the forum changed directions, just a jerk. Why is it that the guys with the wisdom are so full of themselfs, and you Terry are the worse.
Harry
Last edited by harry on Wed May 09, 2012 5:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Trump 2024

All responses have been cleared by the law firm of "Elmer and Fudd."
cshold
Advanced Levergunner

Post by cshold »

Dave wrote:Probably just the season. Levers are more of a Fall/Winter thing. Now we are fishing and other stuff. I do take a lever fishing though. I have learned a lot here in addition to lever stuff. Don't run off too soon.
YEP :wink:
rodeo kid
Levergunner 3.0

Post by rodeo kid »

Well Terry, I guess some of us are not quite the super person that you are. I have heard this attitude expressed before: I have 2,000 posts so I am smarter or better than you are! To me that stinks, we are all equal here, even if it is our first post or our 10,000th. Some seem to think of you as a character, but to me you are just plain rude. Manners are always nice. God Bless.
Member : NRA
Oklahoma Rifle Assoc.
NPPAS

TRUISM: if guns are outlawed, only outlaws will have guns. So, my advice is: Buy more guns!
FWiedner
Advanced Levergunner

Post by FWiedner »

Well, we're starting to get quite a collection for the big 'pity party' that must be coming up soon.

Ya'll can get together and co-miserate about how unfortunate you are, or about how the whole big world is agin you, or you just plain ain't gettin' your spoon feedin' of tasty goop just the way you like it best.

I'll bet OI would lend you his signs for the git together.

:lol: :lol:
Government office attracts the power-mad, yet it's people who just want to be left alone to live life on their own terms who are considered dangerous.

History teaches that it's a small window in which people can fight back before it is too dangerous to fight back.
.45colt
Advanced Levergunner

Post by .45colt »

Oh Boy Terry went and done it again,now I need to make lots of popcorn. :lol: .
pwl44m
Advanced Levergunner

Post by pwl44m »

.45colt wrote:Oh Boy Terry went and done it again,now I need to make lots of popcorn. :lol: .
Hey !! I was gonna use that. On the flip side "I LOVE THIS PLACE" I guess He didn't read about Roys 73 or Shastas 73 or My 73 or Ccash 94 and the list goes on.
Perry
Perry in Bangor----++++===Calif
Griff
Posting leader...

Post by Griff »

I still see quite a few levergun related topics. Maybe I work harder at searching them out... but then, I even ignore ones on leverguns that don't interest me... well... ok, I MIGHT read them... but if I've ever posted on a topic regarding the 1895 Winchester it would come as a shock to me!

I'm just glad the political stuff is someplace I don't have to wade thru!
Griff,
SASS/CMSA #93
NRA Patron
GUSA #93

There is a fine line between hobby & obsession!
AND... I'm over it!!
No I ain't ready, but let's do it anyway!
AJMD429
Posting leader...

Post by AJMD429 »

Like I said, every few months this comes up... :roll:

:!: :!: :!: I have a great idea... :!: :!: :!:

...perhaps if the folks on this forum who know so much more than the rest of us want to start lots of classic-levergun threads to educate the rest of us, it will shift the balance towards a satisfactory percentage of 'levergun' posts - it's really up to THEM, since
  • a) obviously the rest of us are so ignorant we have no information to offer, and
    b) our questions are stupid enough they don't deserve more than a condescending, sarcastic answer...
In the meantime, us dummies will have to make do, wallowing in our ignorant attempts to discuss leverguns, and our disgusting 'off-topic' meanderings... :roll:

...now that I've got that off my chest...
  • who has a good recipe for Whitetail Stew...?
    anyone have any tips on sharpening drill bits...?
    what is the safe serial-number range for Springfield '03 receivers...?
    who makes the best three-point hitch post-hole auger...?
Last edited by AJMD429 on Wed May 09, 2012 10:08 pm, edited 2 times in total.
"first do no harm" - gun control LAWS lead to far more deaths than 'easy access' ever could.

Don McDowell

Post by Don McDowell »

:roll: This place sure isn't the same as it was way back on 02, when Jim T was running it, and about 2/3rds of the repondants here would of mysteriously dissappeared.... Of course on the other hand the subject most likely never would of came up in the first place :wink:
madman4570
Advanced Levergunner

Post by madman4570 »

All I know (which ain't much)------------------is I love you guys! :D :oops:
bdhold

Post by bdhold »

there, fixed this thread
1894c

Post by 1894c »

bulldog1935 wrote:there, fixed this thread
that's more like it...and in the end "leverguns" is what brought me here in the first place... :)
pwl44m
Advanced Levergunner

Post by pwl44m »

Hey Doc !!!, I would like to know the answer to Ur last question.
Perry
Perry in Bangor----++++===Calif
1894c

Post by 1894c »

Terry Murbach wrote:
i don't understand why we need to jump all over each other--these two gentlemen have their opinion...let is stand...life is way too short... :0
Blaine
Posting leader...

Post by Blaine »

Don McDowell wrote::roll: This place sure isn't the same as it was way back on 02, when Jim T was running it, and about 2/3rds of the repondants here would of mysteriously dissappeared.... Of course on the other hand the subject most likely never would of came up in the first place :wink:
I had been here a for awhile when the Original Marlin Talk (the factory sponsored one) went down, and the orphans were scrambling to find each other, etc. Well, we did not receive a very Christian welcome here. The Mutual Admiration Society proceed to curse, and castigate the newcomers and it was very dramatic after that. A double standard of rules where the great anointed ones could do and say as they pleased, and the hoi poloi had to take it. That's all I'll say, as I don't want to ire anyone too much. Needless to say, Hobie does about the best job that anyone short of a true saint could do with this group of outlaws :wink:

Proud Life Member Of:
NRA
DAV
AJMD429
Posting leader...

Post by AJMD429 »

BlaineG wrote:Needless to say, Hobie does about the best job that anyone short of a true saint could do with this group of outlaws :wink:
Yep...

I should probably send him free blood pressure medication and Prozac, just for being the moderator...! :wink:

J Miller
Member Emeritus

Post by J Miller »

bulldog1935 wrote:there, fixed this thread
bulldog,

How about starting a new thread and telling us all about that rifle and especially the sights on it?
If you've done it before I don't remember, so give us an update.
Nice looking smoke pole.

Joe
***Be sneaky, get closer, bust the cap on him when you can put the ball where it counts ;) .***
Mescalero
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Mescalero »

Yeah, that's nice!
.45colt
Advanced Levergunner

Post by .45colt »

If there is nothing current on the forum to intrest us why not go to our library where much of the History of the forum is found.I bet alot have not read 5 of the "articles" and it's ALL FREE.THANK YOU PACO.

http://www.leverguns.com/articles/Default.htm
Don McDowell

Post by Don McDowell »

BlaineG wrote:
Don McDowell wrote::roll: This place sure isn't the same as it was way back on 02, when Jim T was running it, and about 2/3rds of the repondants here would of mysteriously dissappeared.... Of course on the other hand the subject most likely never would of came up in the first place :wink:
I had been here a for awhile when the Original Marlin Talk (the factory sponsored one) went down, and the orphans were scrambling to find each other, etc. Well, we did not receive a very Christian welcome here. The Mutual Admiration Society proceed to curse, and castigate the newcomers and it was very dramatic after that. A double standard of rules where the great anointed ones could do and say as they pleased, and the hoi poloi had to take it. That's all I'll say, as I don't want to ire anyone too much. Needless to say, Hobie does about the best job that anyone short of a true saint could do with this group of outlaws :wink:
:lol: Yessir ol Wes Dakota laid the rules and proper etiquette out in pretty plain language, but you got to admit, they closed that Marlin forum up and not without reason, things were starting to get a little out of hand.

And yes that was one of the better moves Paco and Jim made by making Hobie the mod.
bdhold

Post by bdhold »

This is one of the most polite forums on the internet.
I received a foul pm on my 2nd or 3rd day here, from someone who didn't want my kind on this forum.
It didn't skin my teeth.
I've seen churches like that - us four and no more.
Bless their (four) hearts.
toby
Levergunner

Post by toby »

I'm new here, but for what it's worth, I enjoy this site as it is. The main focus is lever guns, but I'm always interested in different things. I have learned about hunting in England, old fishing reels, missionary work in Africa, a kind of an eclectic mix of things. I enjoy my lever guns and this is the forum to go to for imformation. I don't post much because I feel like a babe in the woods. But I have learned alot here. As long as we don't get into Beanie Baby variations and the collecting of, I'm good to go.
Blaine
Posting leader...

Post by Blaine »

bulldog1935 wrote:This is one of the most polite forums on the internet.
I received a foul pm on my 2nd or 3rd day here, from someone who didn't want my kind on this forum.
It didn't skin my teeth.
I've seen churches like that - us four and no more.
Bless their (four) hearts.
:? :? What is "your kind".....A couple years ago, Bwanna Dave really hated my azz, and went after me....I think Hobie finally axed him....

Proud Life Member Of:
NRA
DAV
bdhold

Post by bdhold »

he told me I was an "internet warrior" along with rude monikers - I don't know what it means - did know what the others meant.
Water off a duck's back, bro.
RIHMFIRE
Advanced Levergunner

Post by RIHMFIRE »

If all we talked about were leverguns....
I think it would get quite boring around here...
There are a lot of smart people that hang out here..
from all walks of life....of all different ages...
with different hobbies, careers...and experiences...
that have straightened me out on all sorts of subjects...

It kinda like have all sorts of big brothers...

I like it here....and I'm staying!
LETS GO SHOOT'N BOYS
bdhold

Post by bdhold »

and from all over the world.
Old Ironsights
Posting leader...

Post by Old Ironsights »

SIGH... :roll:

Leverguns are... GUNS.

GUNS are POLITICS.

POLITICS is RELIGION.

Therefore Leverguns are Religion... and everyone goes to their own church.

Some have Bands, some Bells & Smells.

Some talk only Theology, some only Fluff, and many many more are in between.

Why should this site be any different?
C2N14... because life is not energetic enough.
מנא, מנא, תקל, ופרסין Daniel 5:25-28... Got 7.62?
Not Depressed enough yet? Go read National Geographic, July 1976
Gott und Gewehr mit uns!
Mescalero
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Mescalero »

Blaine,
I remember Bwana Dave, and no ;I have not seen him around.I do not remember any unpleasentness.
mikld
Advanced Levergunner

Post by mikld »

pwl44m wrote:
.45colt wrote:Oh Boy Terry went and done it again,now I need to make lots of popcorn. :lol: .
Hey !! I was gonna use that. On the flip side "I LOVE THIS PLACE" I guess He didn't read about Roys 73 or Shastas 73 or My 73 or Ccash 94 and the list goes on.
Perry
He prolly read them, but there's no way you could know as much as he does about those guns (according to him), so those posts are meaningless...
Mike
Vocatus atque non vocatus, Deus aderit...
I've learned how to stand on my own two knees...
bdhold

Post by bdhold »

Old Ironsights wrote:
completely rhetorical question (that means, don't answer it) but, which do you think God laughs at louder, our theology or our fluff?
Old Ironsights
Posting leader...

Post by Old Ironsights »

bulldog1935 wrote:
Old Ironsights wrote:
completely rhetorical question (that means, don't answer it) but, which do you think God laughs at louder, our theology or our fluff?
:wink: :mrgreen:
C2N14... because life is not energetic enough.
מנא, מנא, תקל, ופרסין Daniel 5:25-28... Got 7.62?
Not Depressed enough yet? Go read National Geographic, July 1976
Gott und Gewehr mit uns!
Streetstar
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Streetstar »

Dave wrote:Probably just the season. Levers are more of a Fall/Winter thing. Now we are fishing and other stuff. I do take a lever fishing though. I have learned a lot here in addition to lever stuff. Don't run off too soon.

Pretty good observation ---- haven't been to a rifle range in a while. I can generate a lot more on topic posts when i am actively shooting/experimenting and buying. Lately i have just been practicing mozambique drills at the local indoor range with my 1911's and .357's --- figured not many folks would be interested in that
----- Doug