Hey Griff you ever heard of this?

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
foxtrapper
Levergunner 2.0

Hey Griff you ever heard of this?

Post by foxtrapper »

AJMD429
Posting leader...

Re: Hey Griff you ever heard of this?

Post by AJMD429 »

In the pre-air-conditioning (for automobiles) days it wasn't unusual to see more basal and squamous cell skin cancers on the left arm, (and lower left face, maybe). Melanomas are more controversial as far as to whether or not they are 'sun-associated' (thankfully, since they are the very deadly ones), and they occur more often in the less-sun-exposed areas of the body (the chart below shows sites of several hundred melanomas - note many of the high-risk areas are not particularly sun-prone; check yourself/spouse regularly..!).

Last edited by AJMD429 on Mon Jun 04, 2012 4:04 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Doctors for Sensible Gun Laws
"first do no harm" - gun control LAWS lead to far more deaths than 'easy access' ever could.

Want REAL change? . . . . . "Boortz/Nugent in 2012 . . . ! "
Griff
Posting leader...

Post by Griff »

Yes; and since I already have skin cancer, I practice civil disobedience. Some states allow tinted windows in trucks if they block less than 30% of light. The federal statutes just say you can't obstruct the windows.

I've been ticketed several times. Numerous "warnings". Some judges allow medical condittions as a waiver, other personality types say, "pay the baliff." :twisted:
Griff,
SASS/CMSA #93
NRA Patron
GUSA #93

There is a fine line between hobby & obsession!
AND... I'm over it!!
No I ain't ready, but let's do it anyway!
mikld
Advanced Levergunner

Post by mikld »

Growing up driving in Southern CA, it wasn't cool to roll up the window, no matter what the weather, and I got in the habit of driving with my left arm out the window. 50 years later I'm being treated for cancers and pre-cancerous splotches on my left arm...
Mike
Vocatus atque non vocatus, Deus aderit...
I've learned how to stand on my own two knees...
M. M. Wright
Advanced Levergunner

Post by M. M. Wright »

I've had several basal cell things on the tops of both ears but the melanoma I had removed was in my right side-burn and back into the ear. Probably not sun related. They got it all and no problems in the 5 or so years since.
M. M. Wright, Sheriff, Green county Arkansas (1860)
Currently living my eternal life.
NRA Life
SASS
ITSASS
earlmck
Advanced Levergunner

Post by earlmck »

Interesting diagram the Doc shows us on the melanoma. Yeah, my basal and squamous stuff has all been around ears and face. My one melanoma was right out of that "hot spot" shown there in the center of the back. I'd always wondered if that was one of those "false positives" because it seemed such an unlikely position. But maybe not!
The greatest patriot...
is he who heals the most gullies.
Patrick Henry
AJMD429
Posting leader...

Post by AJMD429 »

earlmck wrote:Interesting diagram the Doc shows us on the melanoma. Yeah, my basal and squamous stuff has all been around ears and face. My one melanoma was right out of that "hot spot" shown there in the center of the back. I'd always wondered if that was one of those "false positives" because it seemed such an unlikely position. But maybe not!
I've removed three or four from women that were on areas a G-string would cover. One had seen her gynecologist for a "physical" (really just a Pap smear) only a couple weeks before, and she evidently didn't think it was important (where it was, she HAD to have seen it!).
Doctors for Sensible Gun Laws
"first do no harm" - gun control LAWS lead to far more deaths than 'easy access' ever could.

Want REAL change? . . . . . "Boortz/Nugent in 2012 . . . ! "