Rossi Ranch Hand with Marbles Bulls-Eye Sights

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
sharps1863
Levergunner 1.0

Rossi Ranch Hand with Marbles Bulls-Eye Sights

Post by sharps1863 »

Have not been on here in awhile thought I would check back in. I got a .38/357 Rossi Ranch Hand for Christmas. I have put couple of hundred rounds through it, Happy with the gun, but with my old tired eyes not being what they use to be. The sights just did not cut it. So after searching my favorite on-line parts dealer Brownells. I came across the Marbles bull's eye sights and with my C&R discount they were a good deal price wise. So I ordered the long length set. Well they came in this morning and I put them on this evening and what a difference they have made with the sight picture. You know the Ranch Hand is not made to be a
precession shooting gun. But if these sights work as good as I think they will. I'm going to be well pleased. Hopefully will try it out this weekend.
My daughter shooting the ranch hand at 50 Yards. With factory Sights
This was her 1st time shooting it. Bottom 3 rounds 1st 3shots, Top 3 rounds 2nd shots,Reloaded, Last 3 rounds in the orange. all 9 shots were with .38's 158grn Cast RNL. She shot the last 9 rounds I had with me.
If you are wondering about all the holes in the card board. I had done a 2- 32 round mag dump with my 9mm Sterling Carbine at 50yrds. :o :o
Ysabel Kid

Re: Rossi Ranch Hand with Marbles Bulls-Eye Sights

Post by Ysabel Kid »

That's a cool idea! 8)
earlmck
Advanced Levergunner

Post by earlmck »

I was liking my Bulls-Eye real well on my 44-40 Rossi. Then last shooting session it popped right out of the funny-sized dovetail they put in this older Rossi. Hopefully the new ones have a standard sized dovetail?

I have the short Bulls-Eye sight which, the way it's built, puts a lot of upward pressure on things. Maybe the long sight plus a little shim and I'll be back in business.
The greatest patriot...
is he who heals the most gullies.
Patrick Henry
sharps1863
Levergunner 1.0

Post by sharps1863 »

The Bullseye fit good and tight in the Ranch Hand. I ordered another one for my Rossi .45LC carbine. I'll see how it fits it. I did try this one on my Taurus Thunderbolt but its a no go on it with out some fitting. The dovetail is smaller. Now I need to find me a good holster for the Ranch Hand