Pistols and Peas at Krodle Kountry

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
crs
Advanced Levergunner

Pistols and Peas at Krodle Kountry

Post by crs »

Wednesday morning, my wife, Marty, and I took her friend Betty to Ricky's range for some pistol practice before she takes the shooting proficiency part of the concealed carry course. Imagine our surprise when we saw some other cars there over on the edge of a big patch of blackeyed peas. Their were about a half dozen folks picking peas from the overloaded pea vines. When I asked one of the folks if shooting would bother them, he told me it would not and they were nearly done anyway.

So we ran Betty through the usual beginners course on .22, .380. 9mm autoloading pistols and snacked on a few fresh green peas. They were so good that I emailed Ricky to ask permission to pick a bushel or two.
He said sure, they had way more than his family could use.

So, Thursday morning, Betty and Marty went back at 8:00 and picked a bushel each and were back at our farm by 10 am. Marty canned a bunch of them yesterday and we had some with dinner tonight and they were outstanding! Thanks again Ricky for the great fresh peas.
CRS, NRA Benefactor Member, TSRA, DRSS, DWWC, Whittington Center
Android Ballistics App at http://www.xplat.net/
hightime
Senior Levergunner

Re: Pistols and Peas at Krodle Kountry

Post by hightime »

Our peas are just peaking out of the dirt. Good for you, I'll eat later.

Owen
RKrodle
Senior Levergunner

Re: Pistols and Peas at Krodle Kountry

Post by RKrodle »

Glad the shooting went well and good on ya'll for helping a new shooter. Come back and get some more of those peas, and thank Marty for Becky and me, the peach jam she jarred is delicious!
Ricky

DWWC