I guess even Henry had to join the crowd...

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
AJMD429
Posting leader...

I guess even Henry had to join the crowd...

Post by AJMD429 »

Doctors for Sensible Gun Laws
"first do no harm" - gun control LAWS lead to far more deaths than 'easy access' ever could.

Want REAL change? . . . . . "Boortz/Nugent in 2012 . . . ! "
Streetstar
Advanced Levergunner

Re: I guess even Henry had to join the crowd...

Post by Streetstar »

I saw one at a local fun store a few months ago ---- (a 22 that is) --- looks like the most "sensible" and economical way to enjoy one of these :)
----- Doug
Buck Elliott
Member Emeritus

Post by Buck Elliott »

I keep looking, but I still don't see much of a "crowd..."

Maybe because folks around here take their firearms a little more serious than some other folks seem to.. And we don't have a lot of extra money to blow on spendy, frivolous toys...
Regards

Buck

Life has a way of making the foreseeable that which never happens, and the unforeseeable, that which your life becomes...
1894c

Post by 1894c »

i am with Mr. Elliott on this one...for me it begs the question--WHY..?... :O
Alan Wood
Levergunner 3.0

Post by Alan Wood »

+1 on the WHY club!
AJMD429
Posting leader...

Post by AJMD429 »

Dunno 'why' either, other than 'because I can' - but there are about a thousand other guns I'd have higher-up on my want-list than one of those.

I agree that a .22LR one would make the most sense.
"first do no harm" - gun control LAWS lead to far more deaths than 'easy access' ever could.

olyinaz
Advanced Levergunner

Post by olyinaz »

A faithful replica of McQueen's sidearm from Wanted Dead or Alive? Sure, that I can see - "just because" - if I had the dough laying about. But this? Give me a break...

Edit: As some have pointed out though, who am I to judge? If it floats someone's boat...

Oly
Last edited by olyinaz on Fri Jul 06, 2012 5:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Cheers,
Oly

I hope and pray someday the world will learn
That fires we don't put out will bigger burn

Johnny Wright
J Miller
Member Emeritus

Post by J Miller »

It's a fad for old little boys who do not view firearms as tools, but rather as toys.

$900+ dollars for half a gun is idiotic. I'll be thrilled when this idea dies out.

Joe
***Be sneaky, get closer, bust the cap on him when you can put the ball where it counts ;) .***
bdhold

Post by bdhold »

every gun shop in town has one of the Rossi's on display.
mikld
Advanced Levergunner

Post by mikld »

C'mon guys. I doubt that there's a lot of us that really "need" guns (except for LEOs and mebbe CCW), so many of our guns are for "fun". I have fun with my Super Blackhawk shooting RD's 265 boolits. I certainly don't need a .44 magnun for fun, but I do like it. Same with my other guns as I don't hunt much and I have my 2 or 3 guns for hunting, the majority are for fun.

So, while it ain't my cup 'o tea, the mare's leg does have a place even if it's just the "cool" factor from an old TV show...
Mike
Vocatus atque non vocatus, Deus aderit...
I've learned how to stand on my own two knees...
Rusty
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Rusty »

Well it may be cool to some but I'll take my old fashiond sixgun
If you're gonna be stupid ya gotta be tough-
Isiah 55:8&9

It's easier to fool people than it is to convince them they have been fooled.
Hagler
Senior Levergunner

Post by Hagler »

Well, here is a good reason to get one:

http://www.facebook.com/video/video.php ... 4671656340

Shawn
"That's right, Billy, I'm good with it. I hit what I shoot at, and I'm fast!"-Lucas McCain, c1882.
ImageImage
Blaine
Posting leader...

Post by Blaine »

Who am I to judge what other people want? I don't want one, though. :P
The Rotten Fruit Always Hits The Ground First

Proud Life Member Of:
NRA
Second Amendment Foundation
Citizens Committee For The Right To Keep And Bear Arms
DAV
O.S.O.K.
Advanced Levergunner

Post by O.S.O.K. »

Not for me but I have a "don't diss on other's guns" policy. Or, at least I try to hold to that policy...

It really became clear to me after Jim Zumbo trashed AR-15's and AK's in a column and got the stuff beat out of him figuratively by the gun crowd. I was one of those hammering on the guy.

Hunters shouldn't diss sportshooters and leverguners shouldn't diss people that like novelty arms. We are all gun folks and need to stick together in today's climate of political sabatage.

IMHO
NRA Endowment Life
Phi Kappa Sigma, Alpha Phi 83 "Skulls"
OCS, 120th MP Battalion, MSSG
MOLON LABE!
AJMD429
Posting leader...

Post by AJMD429 »

Hagler wrote:Well, here is a good reason to get one:

http://www.facebook.com/video/video.php ... 4671656340

Shawn
THAT IS THE BEST REASON EVER....!!!!!!

The only other gun that actually FITS a kid is an AR-15 with a collapsable stock. All the "Kid's 22's" seem like cruel jokes when the poor kid tries to shoulder the gun, and has to stick it under his/her armpit, and crook their neck down awkwardly in an attempt to line up the sights... :roll: :evil: I've see 14 year olds that 'fit' a "Cricket" or the other .22's, but not seen one a 6-8 year-old kid could use. . . until now.

Maybe I better get one in .22 LR for the city-kid relatives when they come to visit. (Nothing more fun to do to a city kid's parents than let their 6-8 year old kid shoot a gun and have FUN doing it... :lol: :twisted: )

1894c

Post by 1894c »

bulldog1935 wrote:every gun shop in town has one of the Rossi's on display.
that's an interesting point--"Rossi's on display"...you'll see them on display, but not sold...ok maybe one will sell...
Shawn--that's a very cooool vid, i'm thinking that's your your son, shooting one...i'll go stand in the corner and keep quiet now... :)
getitdone1
Senior Levergunner

Post by getitdone1 »

Maybe they oughta make one where the bottom of the lever nearly touches the ground. Then you could use your foot to work the action.
Maybe put a "toe hook" on it for people who don't wear shoes.

Don
Hagler
Senior Levergunner

Post by Hagler »

336bl,

No, unfortunately, that is not my son. :cry: That video was posted by someone on Rimfire Central. It is his son that is shooting the H001ML, Mare's Leg. You do not have to stand in the corner. :wink:

I have said before that my wife has limited dexterity, and she cannot operate any of the semiautomatic handguns that she has tried. If she can cock the hammer on a revolver, then she sometimes can pull the trigger on it. However, my wife can work the lever on my Henry carbine, and she can shoot it, with the propper bench rest. In fact, the first time that she shot it, she bested me, on the paper target that we used. I bet that, if I get a Henry .22LR Mare's Leg, she would have a better time of handling a "handgun" Since the physical size of even the Mare's Leg is sort of big, for someone using a wheelchair, I would shorten the barrel & magazine tube on it. That is allowed, since it is not a rifle. :wink:

Shawn
"That's right, Billy, I'm good with it. I hit what I shoot at, and I'm fast!"-Lucas McCain, c1882.
ImageImage
mikld
Advanced Levergunner

Post by mikld »

O.S.O.K. used the right term; "novelty arms"... :lol:
Mike
Vocatus atque non vocatus, Deus aderit...
I've learned how to stand on my own two knees...
Streetstar
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Streetstar »

336bl wrote:i am with Mr. Elliott on this one...for me it begs the question--WHY..?... :O
Its there for the same reason we (the collective "we" in general, not everybody necessarilly) like 180mph cars, 5000+ sf homes, trucks with leather seats and sunroofs, dirt bikes that can survive being jumped 40 feet in the air, and other impractical things
In short, Americans like cool toys and rampant consumerism --- God bless America!
----- Doug
tman
Advanced Levergunner

Post by tman »

Like the saddle ring. Will it fit the standard henry.s screw holes, or will it need D&T?
gimdandy
Levergunner 2.0

Post by gimdandy »

O.S.O.K. wrote:Not for me but I have a "don't diss on other's guns" policy. Or, at least I try to hold to that policy...

It really became clear to me after Jim Zumbo trashed AR-15's and AK's in a column and got the stuff beat out of him figuratively by the gun crowd. I was one of those hammering on the guy.

Hunters shouldn't diss sportshooters and leverguners shouldn't diss people that like novelty arms. We are all gun folks and need to stick together in today's climate of political sabatage.

IMHO
Right on target O S O K .
And a little more reading and you find between Hagler's need and the youth there does seem to be a few places for them.
Thanks all for pointing this out .