Gotta Get New Carpeting in the Living Room

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
Griff
Posting leader...

Gotta Get New Carpeting in the Living Room

Post by Griff »

Went to the Range today. Shot black powder, 1851 Navies, double shotgun and 1873 Rifle. Just so you know. I'm real careful. This is the first "accident" while cleaning in 20 years. Pistols and shotgun barrel get cleaned in the sink with hot water. Lubed up and re-assembled and put in the safe. The rifle gets dis-assembled and cleaned inside and out. I had a stubborn patch in the barrel about 5-6 inches in... probably due to poor lube capacity... or poor choice of lube. Never had a accuracy issues, and today's match was set up a little farther than normal... with lots of knockdowns, a flyer and some challenging targets... at least for cowboy shooters! :P

Aye gawd by that stuff that ran out the barrel is black. :shock: :twisted: Too bad is ran on down the bolt, thru the mechanism and down the stock. And past the cleaning rags I had laid out. :oops:

Do I have the best wife ever... she said, "don't rub on it... I'll get it out later!" :?: Didn't even yell... just kinda rolled her eyes, and looked at me like I was a un-house broke puppy! :lol: :lol: Well... ok, she probably already knew that! :lol: :lol:
Griff,
SASS/CMSA #93
NRA Patron
GUSA #93

There is a fine line between hobby & obsession!
AND... I'm over it!!
No I ain't ready, but let's do it anyway!
JerryB
Advanced Levergunner

Re: Gotta Get New Carpeting in the Living Room

Post by JerryB »

Griff, when ya shoot black it's bound to happen.
JerryB II Corinthians 3:17, Now the Lord is that Spirit: and where the Spirit of the Lord is, there is liberty.

JOSHUA 24:15
20cows
Advanced Levergunner

Post by 20cows »

When you started the "cleaning my gun" story, I thought the carpet might need replacing for a different reason. :oops: :mrgreen:
olyinaz
Advanced Levergunner

Post by olyinaz »

Yeah, I got that T shirt. :roll:

Home Depot has great carpet prices! :D

Oly
Cheers,
Oly

I hope and pray someday the world will learn
That fires we don't put out will bigger burn

Johnny Wright
Griff
Posting leader...

Post by Griff »

20cows wrote:When you started the "cleaning my gun" story, I thought the carpet might need replacing for a different reason. :oops: :mrgreen:
Yep... it's been known to happen... tho' luckily, not to me. I did however, take the cylinders out of the revolver, remove the nipples and start the cleaning process there, when I found that one chamber on each was still charged (powder, wad, ball; no cap), from the last stage of the day. I generally charge all six chambers, only capping the five needed, and take an in-line capper to the firing line in case I need a "reload". My sole miss yesterday was on the only stage that I was rushed on, and left my capper on the loading table. One misfire in 60 shots, not a bad percentile, but was probably my first in the last 4 or 5 matches... tho' I try not to dwell on them.

Took four caps to get that fouled (already started running hot water on the cylinder), round to go off.
Griff,
SASS/CMSA #93
NRA Patron
GUSA #93

AND... I'm over it!!
Pitchy
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Pitchy »

Luckily we have tile in our kitchen so it cleans up easy.
Good outcome with no divorce bro. :lol:
Because I Can, and Have
-------------------------------------------------------------
USAF-72-76
God Bless America.
Disclaimer, not responsible for anyone copying or building anything i make.
Always consult an expert first.
Chris83716
Levergunner 2.0

Post by Chris83716 »

Just in case your not aware, a ceiling fan on high can grab a cleanning rod with a nice Hoppes soked patch on the end and paint a stripe on all four walls while trying to beat you to death.

Dont ask how I know.

Chris
Griff
Posting leader...

Post by Griff »

Chris83716 wrote:Just in case your not aware, a ceiling fan on high can grab a cleanning rod with a nice Hoppes soked patch on the end and paint a stripe on all four walls while trying to beat you to death.
Dont ask how I know.
Chris
:lol: :lol: :lol:

Probably a good thing that I have 12' ceilings in the great room. And, yes Pitchy, the wife advised that rifle cleaning will henceforth move to the kitchen! :x At least I can still see the TV!!! :lol: 8)
Griff,
SASS/CMSA #93
NRA Patron
GUSA #93

AND... I'm over it!!
gundownunder
Senior Levergunner

Post by gundownunder »

How the heck do you blokes do it?
If I did any of that stuff anywhere other than in the shed, the next time you saw my name it would be in the obituary column :lol:
Bob
You have got to love democracy-
It lets you choose who your dictator is going to be.