Barrel relining?

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
jnyork
Advanced Levergunner

Barrel relining?

Post by jnyork »

Who is a good guy to send my 1897 Marlin to for barrel relining? Thanks
Leverdude
Senior Levergunner

Re: Barrel relining?

Post by Leverdude »

John Taylor of Taylor Machine on the west coast. I think he's in Oregon but it might be WA. He's done several for me and they're all great.
Pete44ru
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Pete44ru »

John Taylor (+1 BTW) is in Puyallup, Washington

He is one of the "old-time" gunsmiths, and also one of the best - He usually packs his invoice in with the completed job, when he ships it back to the customer.

http://www.johntaylormachine.com

jdad
Advanced Levergunner

Post by jdad »

Jerry,
John Taylor uses TJ's match grade liners and his work is just about invisible. He's "old school". You'll receiver your rifle back, with an invoice, then after you inspect his work you send the payment.

This is a Stevens 44 barrel, with a 22 liner, and a Marlin 1893, with a 38-55 liner.

I know a whole lot about very little and nothing about a whole lot.
6pt-sika
Advanced Levergunner

Post by 6pt-sika »

I don't get the "GunList" anymore but there used to be a guy that advertised in that publication that made his own liners and he was in Oregon or Washington and it wasn't Redlands .

This guy would reline and rechamber in any number of cartridges but he would not stand behind them if you shot jacketed for some reason . I tried to get him to reline a 336 30-30 to 7-30 Waters and he said it genereated more then he wanted to guarantee . He did however seem fine with relining Marlin 1895CB's to 33 WCF , 38-56 and 40-65 as that was the first thing I called him about .

Wish I could remmember his name .
Parkers , Mannlicher Schoenauer’s , 6.5mm's and my family in the Philippines !
longarm4146
Levergunner 2.0

Post by longarm4146 »

another John Taylor fan. He did a 1890 Winchester 1886 in 40-65 for me. I think he is in Toledo, Washington. Top shelf pro.
SASS 4146
BOLD 199
Ray Newman
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Ray Newman »

Longarm 4146:

John Taylor
Taylor Machine
14119 Military Rd. E
Puyallup, WA 98374

(253) 445-4073
The most important aspect of this signature line is that you don't realize it doesn't say anything significant until you are just about done reading it & then it is too late to stop reading it....
Grand Poo Bah WA F.E.S.

In real life may you be the bad butt that you claim to be on social media.
Sixgun
Posting leader...
Location: S.E. Pa. Where The Finest Winchesters & Colts Reside

Post by Sixgun »

Last year John Taylor put in a new chamber in an 1886 that was bulged. 4 other gunsmiths refused the job and said it was too risky even though I would give them a blank check and would not hold them responsible. The gun came back shooting better than before even though the rifling was the same. My hat is off to John Taylor. :D -------------Sixgun
1st. Gen. Colt SAA’s, 1878 D.A.45 and a 38-55 Marlin TD