Storm coming, please pray for East Coast members

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
piller
Posting leader...

Storm coming, please pray for East Coast members

Post by piller »

With this big storm, please pray for the safety of the members on the East Coast. They include Hobie, Tycer, Papabear, and many others.
D. Brian Casady
Quid Llatine Dictum Sit, Altum Viditur.
Advanced is being able to do the basics while your leg is on fire---Bill Jeans
Don't ever take a fence down until you know why it was put up---Robert Frost
Blaine
Posting leader...

Re: Storm coming, please pray for East Coast members

Post by Blaine »

I read that this is the biggest tropical storm ever....I hope that does not translate into biggest hurricane :evil:
The Rotten Fruit Always Hits The Ground First

Proud Life Member Of:
NRA
Second Amendment Foundation
Citizens Committee For The Right To Keep And Bear Arms
DAV
gamekeeper
Spambot Zapper

Post by gamekeeper »

Prayers sent from across the pond.
Whatever you do always give 100%........... unless you are donating blood.
Pitchy
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Pitchy »

Prayers up for everyone involved.
Because I Can, and Have
-------------------------------------------------------------
USAF-72-76
God Bless America.
Disclaimer, not responsible for anyone copying or building anything i make.
Always consult an expert first.
Tycer
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Tycer »

Got preps?
Can you live comfortably in your home for two or three weeks(or on the road or out of doors as conditions dictate) without services?
Irene was a hard lesson for many. I hope ALL members of this board were wise enough to learn from Irene and take the easy and appropriate measures to become resilient to such events.
If you have not prepped and get spanked by this storm, well, I'll just shut-up.
Kind regards,
Tycer
----------------------------------------------------------------
http://www.saf.org - https://peakprosperity.com/ - http://www.guntalk.com
gundownunder
Senior Levergunner

Post by gundownunder »

My best wishes to all who will be caught up in this storm. Hope to see y'all safe on the other side of it.
Bob
You have got to love democracy-
It lets you choose who your dictator is going to be.
Sixgun
Posting leader...
Location: S.E. Pa. Where The Finest Winchesters & Colts Reside

Post by Sixgun »

Tycer wrote:Got preps?
Can you live comfortably in your home for two or three weeks(or on the road or out of doors as conditions dictate) without services?
Irene was a hard lesson for many. I hope ALL members of this board were wise enough to learn from Irene and take the easy and appropriate measures to become resilient to such events.
If you have not prepped and get spanked by this storm, well, I'll just shut-up.

Thats right Tycer! If you get bored, jump in your helicopter and fly on up for some chitchat. :D --------Sixgun
1st. Gen. Colt SAA’s, 1878 D.A.45 and a 38-55 Marlin TD

Pete44ru
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Pete44ru »

I see this AM that it's still a Hurricane & not a T.S., said to be the biggest in terms of area/width if not strength/category, since it's "only" a Cat 1.

Here in Southern New England, the worst effects are expected to be along the coastlines, from the high water caused by the storm surge in co-incidence with the full moon high tides this AM & PM - flooding, etc.

The secondary, but not insignificant, concerns of many are wide-spread power outages from high/steady winds breaking trees which then take out powerlines.

Since I've long had a genny, and am situated in a high/dry area - I figured the extra 6-pack or three I picked up last weekend should see me through this....................although I'm not hosting a hurricane party this time ;)

Others not so fortunately setup certainly have my best hopes, prayers & regards.

Last edited by Pete44ru on Mon Oct 29, 2012 10:14 am, edited 2 times in total.
rjohns94
Advanced Levergunner

Post by rjohns94 »

Winds gusting over 60 here. 6 inches of rain so far.
Mike Johnson,

"Only those who will risk going too far, can possibly find out how far one can go." T.S. Eliot
AJMD429
Posting leader...

Post by AJMD429 »

Tycer wrote:Got preps?
Can you live comfortably in your home for two or three weeks (or on the road or out of doors as conditions dictate) without services?
But doing that means you're a potential terrorist or 'survivalist' or something evil. :roll: The only politically acceptable thing is to be a dependent sheep, or one of the 'authorities'...
Doctors for Sensible Gun Laws
"first do no harm" - gun control LAWS lead to far more deaths than 'easy access' ever could.

Want REAL change? . . . . . "Boortz/Nugent in 2012 . . . ! "
DixieBoy
Senior Levergunner

Post by DixieBoy »

I've got to say, this is strange, being a Floridian and watching other people dealing with a hurricane. Especially folks up north.

They've been going on about the SIZE of this storm, area-wise, for days now and they weren't kidding. Except for the folks along the coast who've had big problems from high water it seems like most of you guys in PA, NY, and other effected inland states will have most of your problems coming from downed trees (really strong winds), downed power lines, and sustained heavy rain causing flooding in the low lying areas.

I'm glad to read that most all of you guys have made preparations for this. Please guys, stay safe through this thing. It might not be any stronger than a category one (thank God) but it is one HUGE storm and it's going to take at least a couple or three days moving through your area up there. Stay safe and keep us posted with how you all are doing. - DixieBoy
When the People Fear Their Government There is Tyranny; When the Government Fears the People There is Liberty.