shotgun

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
Mescalero
Advanced Levergunner

shotgun

Post by Mescalero »

Blaine,
ever thought about buying a dedicated rifled shotgun barrel for your gun?
last I heard Hastings & E.R. Shaw would do that for you, model restrictions in effect.....product liability in effect.
Blaine
Posting leader...

Re: shotgun

Post by Blaine »

Thought about it. If the 870 Tactical don't shoot 'em very good, our Firearm Restricted Areas include Revolvers..My 629PP w/Burris SpeedDot is a tackdriver with my 300 grain handloads :) ...Thanks for the suggestions, though. 8)
The Rotten Fruit Always Hits The Ground First

Proud Life Member Of:
NRA
Second Amendment Foundation
Citizens Committee For The Right To Keep And Bear Arms
DAV
336A
Levergunner 2.0

Re: shotgun

Post by 336A »

I bought one for my Mossberg 500 12GA when they came out back in 1992 IIRC, i busted my rear on the farm saving up for it. I grew up in a slug gun hunting area, and being a new hunter I thought I just had to have one. I remember reading an article in one of the gun rags, this was when Winchester bought BRI and was loading them. Heck I even have a couple of those Hi Impact slugs left. As I got older and a little wise all of the hype wore off. Especially at the cash register when it came time to check out and spending nearly $40 on 4 boxes of ammo :cry:

I quickly learned that the sabot ammo isn't worth the price since most of my shooting is around 75 yards. This is easliy within the capabilities of your run of the mill Fedingchester slug ammo. Prices on some of the newer sabot ammo is just out right ridiculous anymore. I haven't used my trophy Sluggster barrel on my mossberg in 10 years and haven't felt handicapped in the least.