New Lever for Me

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
DBW
Senior Levergunner

New Lever for Me

Post by DBW »

Okay, it's a small lever and sits on the right hand side... :lol:

After a week of meditating about a firearms purchase on various bar stools down at Hooters and Twin Peaks, I decided to add another firearm to my tiny arsenal today since my boss didn't show for work and I ended up having another free day to waste. I'm wondering if I can put this on my expense report. :wink:

I introduce my new Mossberg MVP (Mossberg Varmit Predator) in 5.56 with 20" fluted barrel, 1:9 twist and Weaver mounts.

Up front, I'm not a hunter. I'm a target/defense shooter. My target shooting, when I get a chance to do it, tends to be studious and unhurried. And all done with the objective of being fun and enjoyable.

Having said that, I'm certain that this rifle will suffice for dealing with zombies from a distance. It came with a 10-round AR style magazine as standard equipment. It will also accept 20 & 30 round magazines, though some online research made mention that it preferred metal mags over poly. One reviewer put a Surefire 60 round magazine into the firearm just to see if it would work. It did... lol.

So, now begins the process of researching some glass and trying to find some 20 & 30 round mags of the tin variety. And buying the appropriate reloading dies, etc. :)
"Quando Omni Flunkus Moritati"
2ndovc
Advanced Levergunner

Re: New Lever for Me

Post by 2ndovc »

That's pretty dang cool! I don't think I've seen one of those before but now I kinda want one!

jb 8)
jasonB " Another Dirty Yankee"

" Tomorrow the sun will rise. Who knows what the tide could bring?"
3leggedturtle
Advanced Levergunner

Post by 3leggedturtle »

DBW< nice rifle. I like the fact it dont have a 16" barrel. Check out Midsouth's Bulk .22 bullets. I have a ll 3, the 34HP, 50SP and 55gr HP and SP. They all shoot accurately out of 5 different .22 rifles.
30/30 Winchester: Not accurate enough fer varmints, barely adequate for small deer; BUT In a 10" to 14" barrelled pistol; is good for moose/elk to 200 yards; ground squirrels to 300 metres

250 Savage... its what the 223 wishes it could be...!
J Miller
Member Emeritus

Post by J Miller »

Hmmmmm.

I'm not usually impressed by anything .223 caliber, or bolt guns that require a carry handle to be shot.
But I kind of like that one. Sort of reminds me of my Enfields with the big box mag hanging out of the bottom.

Hope it shoots as good as it looks.

Joe
***Be sneaky, get closer, bust the cap on him when you can put the ball where it counts ;) .***
rjohns94
Advanced Levergunner

Post by rjohns94 »

Very nice
Mike Johnson,

"Only those who will risk going too far, can possibly find out how far one can go." T.S. Eliot
Griff
Posting leader...

Post by Griff »

They claim these "E-Lander" mags are the best of any steel mag.
Griff,
SASS/CMSA #93
NRA Patron
GUSA #93

There is a fine line between hobby & obsession!
AND... I'm over it!!
No I ain't ready, but let's do it anyway!
AJMD429
Posting leader...

Post by AJMD429 »

THAT looks like a .223 version of a Ruger Scout Rifle... :o

....well, sort of, anyway... :wink:

...minus the threaded muzzle (which I'd want) and the scout mount (which I wouldn't miss)...
Doctors for Sensible Gun Laws
"first do no harm" - gun control LAWS lead to far more deaths than 'easy access' ever could.

Want REAL change? . . . . . "Boortz/Nugent in 2012 . . . ! "
DBW
Senior Levergunner

Post by DBW »

Griff wrote:They claim these "E-Lander" mags are the best of any steel mag.
No wonder 30-round magazines are the preferred choice... $18.70 vs. $24.90 for the 20-round. That's backazzwards. :lol:
hfcable
Advanced Levergunner

Post by hfcable »

just bought one myself. havent got it set up yet, but reviews of this rifle showed outstanding accuracy,etc.
cable
Sixgun
Posting leader...
Location: S.E. Pa. Where The Finest Winchesters & Colts Reside

Post by Sixgun »

A Nikon ".223" scope would do you just fine. 69 gr. Sierra Matchkings will make for a sure shot out to 500 and beyond.--------Sixgun
1st. Gen. Colt SAA’s, 1878 D.A.45 and a 38-55 Marlin TD

BenT
Advanced Levergunner

Post by BenT »

I handled one of those in Fargo a couple of weeks ago when I was working there . I wasn't WOW'd by it until I handled it . What a great gun, light weight , great balance , and good price. If I didn't already have a Ruger compact in 223 I would of probably came home with it. When you gentlemen stop by a gunshop check one out,they are a great little package. The neat thing is the use of AR mags. There is a steel piece on the bolt that drops down to pick up a round out of the magazine and then tucks out of the way when chambered.
Blaine
Posting leader...

Post by Blaine »

That's really nice!!
The Rotten Fruit Always Hits The Ground First

Proud Life Member Of:
NRA
Second Amendment Foundation
Citizens Committee For The Right To Keep And Bear Arms
DAV
DBW
Senior Levergunner

Post by DBW »

After doing a four day run out to California (where those poor souls have no concept of keeping right, passing left) and back to the homestead, I ordered a Burris Fullfield II 2-7x35mm and some .223 reloading dies for the rifle. Once in, all I need is some decent weather and time (always a shortage for me because of the job).