Model 94 Link Pin

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
aussie
Levergunner 2.0

Model 94 Link Pin

Post by aussie »

I have a question that I hope someone is able to answer. I have a Winchester Legacy in .45 Colt it was made in the New Haven factory. Yesterday whilst stripping it down for cleaning, the head detached from the screw holding the link pin. I am able to purchase a complete set of screws for the Model 94 from Brownell's, however,in the listing it states that these are for pre '64 94's. Looking at the 'photo of the screws, one does appear to be the same screw. My question is, will these screws fit my Legacy? Did the pre '64 have a link pin and screw or just a long screw instead of the pin? I am able to get this screw from Numrich for about $3, but there is a $35 export charge plus the shipping and handling fee from them which makes for an expensive screw. Brownell's doesn't charge this fee. I hope one of you is able to answer this. Thanks.
dracothered
Levergunner 1.0

Re: Model 94 Link Pin

Post by dracothered »

I think you may want to send Brownell's an email and ask if it will work for you.
alnitak
Senior Levergunner

Post by alnitak »

If you do a search, our esteemed colleague, J. Miller, has a great comparison of what '94 parts are interchangeable between pre- and post-'64s. I thought it was in the One Sticky, but couldn't find it right off.
"From birth 'til death...we travel between the eternities." -- Print Ritter in Broken Trail
aussie
Levergunner 2.0

Post by aussie »

Thanks fellas, found J. Miller's post. Question answered. Parts ordered from Numrich.
J Miller
Member Emeritus

Post by J Miller »

Glad my post could help.

Winchester made a bunch of cosmetic changes in 64. Going from the small to the large headed link retaining screw never did make much sense to me.

Joe
***Be sneaky, get closer, bust the cap on him when you can put the ball where it counts ;) .***
1894c

Post by 1894c »

aussie wrote:Thanks fellas, found J. Miller's post. Question answered. Parts ordered from Numrich.
hi--could you attach a "link" to J.Miller's post...thank you... :)
J Miller
Member Emeritus

Post by J Miller »

***Be sneaky, get closer, bust the cap on him when you can put the ball where it counts ;) .***
1894c

Post by 1894c »

J Miller wrote:Here you go:

{ http://onesticky.levergunscommunity.org ... sters.html }

Joe
thank you...that's great info... :)
Malamute
Member Emeritus

Post by Malamute »

J Miller wrote:Glad my post could help.

Winchester made a bunch of cosmetic changes in 64. Going from the small to the large headed link retaining screw never did make much sense to me.

Joe
Wait, that would be the lever pin screw, not the link pin screw. In 64 they did away with the link pin screw and went to a link screw instead of the pin. Some time later, they went back to using a pin and screw to hold it in.
"Far better it is to dare mighty things, to win glorious triumphs even though checkered by failure, than to rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy nor suffer much because they live in the gray twilight that knows neither victory nor defeat." -Theodore Roosevelt-

Isnt it amazing how many people post without reading the thread?