Im Rich

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
ollogger
Advanced Levergunner

Im Rich

Post by ollogger »

As long as id be willing to sell my stash
guys I just went to Gun Broker I cant belive what I saw, Primers at 100.00 a thousand & still biding
22 ammo like gold, 223s at a buck a pop plus, This is way worse than the last time
Im in :shock:

is there nothing left else where in the country?

Im real glad I dont need to buy now! I may never need to buy again, but most likely will if
things cool down

ollogger
Dave
Senior Levergunner

Re: Im Rich

Post by Dave »

Yeah you have to start shooting real slow now. At least there hasn't been a run on 30-30's, yet.
Mescalero
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Mescalero »

When things cool down this time, I will throw some serious coin at it.
It is a good time to be a gold producer.
ollogger
Advanced Levergunner

Post by ollogger »

Mescalero wrote:When things cool down this time, I will throw some serious coin at it.
It is a good time to be a gold producer.

I have hi hopes that your sitting on alot of GOLD & it pays off big time

ollogger
Mescalero
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Mescalero »

Thank you.
horsesoldier03
Advanced Levergunner

Post by horsesoldier03 »

30-30s are sold out here where I am at!
“Gun control is like trying to reduce drunk driving by making it tougher for sober people to own cars.”
fordwannabe
Advanced Levergunner

Post by fordwannabe »

I know a guy :mrgreen: who after the last go round, said never again! When things went back to "NORMAL" he bought 25,000 primers, 40 pounds of powders,and is sitting on over a thousand pounds of lead and ww. He has 20 molds and a gas check maker for the molds that require them. He seems like a pretty smart fella right about now, as the rest of the world goes nuts. I am sure many of you stocked up as well. My friends and I went to one gun show just to see the circus.... and it was.
a Pennsylvanian who has been accused of clinging to my religion and my guns......Good assessment skills.
piller
Posting leader...

Post by piller »

Stopped at Academy Sports today and they were almost sold out of firearms. About the only thing they had left were shotgun shells.
D. Brian Casady
Quid Llatine Dictum Sit, Altum Viditur.
Advanced is being able to do the basics while your leg is on fire---Bill Jeans
Don't ever take a fence down until you know why it was put up---Robert Frost
Mescalero
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Mescalero »

If I had not prepared, I cannot imagine the angst I would be feeling now.
K1500
Levergunner 2.0

Post by K1500 »

horsesoldier03 wrote:30-30s are sold out here where I am at!
Here too.
El Chivo
Advanced Levergunner

Post by El Chivo »

I sure stocked up on primers, not like most of you guys, but several years' worth for me (maybe five).

However I'm not that well stocked on .22 lr, and there are only a couple brands I like. I have 1000 rounds and that's it. I can't outlast Obama with that. I MIGHT make it to the midterm elections though.
"I'll tell you what living is. You get up when you feel like it. You fry yourself some eggs. You see what kind of a day it is."
DBW
Senior Levergunner

Post by DBW »

I managed to squirrel away 5000 rounds of .22lr over the summer. Didn't do as well with .45acp, .357/.38, only about 500 rounds of each. Recent purchase of the Mossberg .223 was a good move, but finding ammo is impossible.

Range time is on hold until the supply returns. Thankfully I have another hobby and work to keep me away from the range.
"Quando Omni Flunkus Moritati"
mod71alaska
Senior Levergunner

Post by mod71alaska »

I took a glance at the Walmart ammo cabinet the other day when I was there. It wasn't as bare as I expected, but it was low. I don't think there is a lot of hoarding up here in northern NH, but more a sense of insulation from the rest of the country...a "just try and take my firearms" attitude. Also, there's not a lot of extra money in the economy here. However, the closest gun shop in the next town south is out of Glock mags. I ended up finding mags at Natchez SS. They had just gotten some in and said they thought they had about a three day supply the way they were flying off the shelf. I went back to their website the next morning to buy a couple more...and they already were out!!! Wow!
bdhold

Post by bdhold »

I believe primers and mail order ammo is the easiest way they can get us.
Assault weapons is a ruse to distract us. They will give in on that, get us where it really hurts, and call it a compromise.
Sixgun
Posting leader...
Location: S.E. Pa. Where The Finest Winchesters & Colts Reside

Post by Sixgun »

Olloger,
The money monguls here in the East used their heads and stocked up very well

Both of my hangouts are still well stocked and making a serious killing. My one bud at www.millersgunshop.com still has primers at 27 a thou, along with well, 'bout everything except .223 ammo. Tommy at Targetmaster did run out of 223 ammo but he has 2 pallets of the stuff coming in this week, may already be there. He still has a hundred or so AR's of most configurations.

They both told me they have done so well, that Joe is thinking about retiring and Tommy had to buy a money counting machine---for real, he showed it to me. Stuck a wad of green notes in it about 2 inches thick and it took about 3 seconds to count it.

I have enough of everything to last me all of my days and I shoot a lot. I may have to buy primers and certain kinds of powder. 60K primers in the dungeon will last me about 5 years and I'm quiet on the powder thingy.

Gonna be interesting to see what unfolds this year---------one way or another, big changes are coming and my woodshed is full. :D ------------------6
1st. Gen. Colt SAA’s, 1878 D.A.45 and a 38-55 Marlin TD

fordwannabe
Advanced Levergunner

Post by fordwannabe »

six, did you give up on the M1A thing too???? IIRC
a Pennsylvanian who has been accused of clinging to my religion and my guns......Good assessment skills.
mod71alaska
Senior Levergunner

Post by mod71alaska »

SixGun...is Targetmaster charging fair prices for .223 ammo or gouging? I know...what's fair and what gouging today? What's do you think of their pricing?

Is all the 223 FMJ or does TM also carry varmint 223 in bulk?

Thanks for your help, Jack.

Victor
Sixgun
Posting leader...

Post by Sixgun »

fordwannabe wrote:six, did you give up on the M1A thing too???? IIRC
No. I still have the M1-A. I'm waiting for the Colt factory to change the bolt making machine over from M-16 bolts to the 901 308 bolts. The 901's are done but they just need the bolts before they ship them. I'm first in line for 2 of them.

Victor---read the PM.-----------------------6

ollogger
Advanced Levergunner

Post by ollogger »

I talked to my buddy today, he has hand loading goodies & does gun work also
so long story short, I put in a fair sized order for powder & primers, hes well stocked & didnt
run me thru the mill, so what to heck, Maybe Im a little nervous after all

ollogger
Sixgun
Posting leader...

Post by Sixgun »

ollogger wrote:I talked to my buddy today, he has hand loading goodies & does gun work also
so long story short, I put in a fair sized order for powder & primers, hes well stocked & didnt
run me thru the mill, so what to heck, Maybe Im a little nervous after all
ollogger
Stay cool bro, don't let the nerves get the best of 'ya---you got a fellow bro in the East who will supply 'ya if things get bad.----------------6

Tycer
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Tycer »

fordwannabe wrote:I know a guy :mrgreen: who after the last go round, said never again! When things went back to "NORMAL" he bought 25,000 primers, 40 pounds of powders,and is sitting on over a thousand pounds of lead and ww. He has 20 molds and a gas check maker for the molds that require them. He seems like a pretty smart fella right about now, as the rest of the world goes nuts. I am sure many of you stocked up as well. My friends and I went to one gun show just to see the circus.... and it was.
Do I know you? Probably not as I don't have the gas check maker.
Kind regards,
Tycer
----------------------------------------------------------------
http://www.saf.org - https://peakprosperity.com/ - http://www.guntalk.com
Sixgun
Posting leader...

Post by Sixgun »

Tycer wrote:
fordwannabe wrote:I know a guy :mrgreen: who after the last go round, said never again! When things went back to "NORMAL" he bought 25,000 primers, 40 pounds of powders,and is sitting on over a thousand pounds of lead and ww. He has 20 molds and a gas check maker for the molds that require them. He seems like a pretty smart fella right about now, as the rest of the world goes nuts. I am sure many of you stocked up as well. My friends and I went to one gun show just to see the circus.... and it was.
Do I know you? Probably not as I don't have the gas check maker.

Ha! I was thinking the same thing. I says to myself, "this guy is talking about me, but I don't have a gas check maker". But I got a heck of a lot more primers, powder, moulds, and WW than what he described.-----------------6

L_Kilkenny
Senior Levergunner

Post by L_Kilkenny »

Now you boys got me to thinkin. I have about 2500 LR's and and 1600 LP's stitting on the shelf. Might shoot a 1000 LR's this year and I don't even have a gun for the LP's any more. By some of the numbers you guys are tossing around I could almost get me another .30-30 at the gunshow this weekend! :D
Sixgun
Posting leader...

Post by Sixgun »

L_Kilkenny wrote:Now you boys got me to thinkin. I have about 2500 LR's and and 1600 LP's stitting on the shelf. Might shoot a 1000 LR's this year and I don't even have a gun for the LP's any more. By some of the numbers you guys are tossing around I could almost get me another .30-30 at the gunshow this weekend! :D

Those LP's will work in most rifle loads as long as the powder is not too slow or the pressures too high. :D --------------6

fordwannabe
Advanced Levergunner

Post by fordwannabe »

NOPE I DON'T KNOW EITHER OF YOU! :lol: WELL THATS WHAT I'M GONNA TELL EM WHEN THEY COME LOOKIN!
And it's not a check maker....it's a checkmaker for the calibers that need it!
ollogger
Advanced Levergunner

Post by ollogger »

So what do you guys think of the checkmaker & useing beer cans for the G.C

Thanks Jack Ill keep your offer in mind, but im really stocked up well, and in another 20 years
in my case it wont matter

ollogger