For the weightliters

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
madman4570
Advanced Levergunner

For the weightliters

Post by madman4570 »

Guys wanted to upgrade my weight plates(Solid Rubber Bumpers)
I have the some bumpers that are mostly iron(with the outer rimmed area rubber,Solex/few York/Cap/and a pair of lower quality Hi-Temps)

But I wanted some nice big SOLID made RUBBER BUMPERS.
Well I bought two sets-----------from MuscleDriver USA---made by Pendlay(their new Econ V2 series)
OMG----------------the new V2 series(I cannot express how nice these are)they turn me on when I lift them :D
What a difference with the V2's

Bought a pair of their 55lb ones and their 35Lb ones.

They feel heavier than what they say(its an illusion because they are HUGE :lol: ya ya ya I know????????
But they are as solid as all get out.(Stunning bumpers)

So---that will be my new setup(for now)though there is only 235lbs on the bar(got the HD 55lb bar/collars)-----looks like 500lbs :lol:
Almost 7" thick of 17.72 dia plates :shock:

Heck I think they will scare off most people and make me look like a big shot :oops: :lol:
Gives that impression when someone first walks in front basement door(they think holy sh##) :mrgreen:
If they ask----will just say(oh ya,thats just my high rep setup) :wink:

Wife came home looked at me(and said,ok what did you buy???)
I showed her----she liked them then picked up a 35lb one(and she is strong)and said gosh they feel heavy(about like the extra big bag of Purina Pro Plan Dog food we get ???????????
tman
Advanced Levergunner

Re: For the weightliters

Post by tman »

If you able to bench press 235lbs. GREAT! I was up to 225lbs. 2 years ago, but had to give it up due to back problems :oops: When I quit, I went from 183lbs. to 225lbs. with a GUT :( . Down to 207, but, without being able to lift, and liking food and booze, it makes it tough. Watch your back.Once you injure it, you are never the same.
WCF3030
Senior Levergunner

Post by WCF3030 »

I wanted those when I started to price for my home gym, but it was not in the buget. :cry:
I stopped at Play-It-Again-Sports and even with used/rusty plates and olympic bar I'm still into it $250 just to get to my max deadlift weight.
That which does not kill me has made a grave tactical error.

http://thewoodsman1.blogspot.com/
Streetstar
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Streetstar »

I'll check 'em out MAdman :D I am trying to outfit a small home gym setup in my new house and wanted to go all bumper plates because i love to do the Olympic lifts (Clean/jerk and Snatch ) --- figured it would take up less space ultimately to just use one type of plate (granted they take up more room than straight up iron plates, but less room than a set of irons + bumpers )

I was looking at the bumpers from Rogue Fitness too , but the lighter ones seem kind of flimsy compared to the Ivankos i have used in training at other places , -- no such issues with the bumpers over 25 pounds though

If the PEndlays are less moolah than the Ivanko's --- they may find a home in my space too ! :)

edit: OK -- i just checked out their site -- i'm buying my stuff there-- much more impressive looking stuff than Rogue
----- Doug
6pt-sika
Advanced Levergunner

Post by 6pt-sika »

Hmmmmm , I've been lifting a fair amount of 12 ounce weights here in PI for the last couple weeks !

But the 12 ouncers seem to go from 12 ounces down to an empty bottle PDQ LOL's !
Parkers , Mannlicher Schoenauer’s , 6.5mm's and my family in the Philippines !
madman4570
Advanced Levergunner

Post by madman4570 »

Streetstar wrote:I'll check 'em out MAdman :D I am trying to outfit a small home gym setup in my new house and wanted to go all bumper plates because i love to do the Olympic lifts (Clean/jerk and Snatch ) --- figured it would take up less space ultimately to just use one type of plate (granted they take up more room than straight up iron plates, but less room than a set of irons + bumpers )

I was looking at the bumpers from Rogue Fitness too , but the lighter ones seem kind of flimsy compared to the Ivankos i have used in training at other places , -- no such issues with the bumpers over 25 pounds though

If the PEndlays are less moolah than the Ivanko's --- they may find a home in my space too ! :)

edit: OK -- i just checked out their site -- i'm buying my stuff there-- much more impressive looking stuff than Rogue

Dude-------------this is just my opinion but do not (repeat do not)get those cheaper bumpers(from Rogue fitness) I bought some :roll:
They were the Hi-Temps(Rogue)-------I was extremely disappointed. When I opened the boxes and saw them----I thought wow is the finish awful and the rubber compound awful(pitted)then found out they use recycled rubber etc not virgin rubber.

They were cheaper(and I can see why)

Was going to send them back(but restocking fee and shipping cost would have ate about half the cost???
So I kept them.

These V2's OMG-------what a difference!
Whatever-----They weigh EXACTLY what they should be (and the look/feel/quality is astounding.)Love the beveled polished appears to be stainless steel inserts etc.
Also their shape,they have the sqaure double edging not just the plain doughnut type edging on cheaper ones.
Trust me (over the cheap Rouge Hi-Temps-----wait and save you money)
The other Rouge stuff------------------------never tried them after the Hi-Temps?
Maybe they are ok?
This video doesn't do those V2's justice but here is a sample(in the 25lb)
Marked in lbs not Kilos and that is just fine with me! (both sides of plate marked same,nice job on the raised marking too)
Marked Pendlay on top/# of lbs on sides/ usa on bottom,that video makes it look like uso, hard to see on there but it is an (a)I just rechecked! The little curly cue is there! :lol:
Think the normal Econs are from China and these V2's are from USA??????????????? If not they are built to USA better specs?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L9YvXPnL8x8

Later Friend!