OK-------I've Had It

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
madman4570
Advanced Levergunner

OK-------I've Had It

Post by madman4570 »

Looked out of my window today and what did I see scampering in and out underneath of my one Hi-Barn shed I keep my ATV???
And the little goomers were scampering all over my 1966 Ford Bronco(up the tires/underneath/gone????-----Chipmonks!
3 or 4 tiny ones and a couple big ones-----wife says ah-(their cute) :roll: I said (don't worry honey I'll be giving ya a real close up view of some soon and you can even touch one. :?:
So----------It's started!
On the bar is my Benjamin NP Trail XL .22 airgun(with a 3X9X44mm scope) (Hatsan .25 too much for em)
Let the games begin! :wink:
GonnePhishin
Senior Levergunner

Re: OK-------I've Had It

Post by GonnePhishin »

Happy Hunting :D
Them ther varmints is nothing but trouble-pesky little critters, but easy enough to git rid of 'em.
They love to dig up floower bulbs and plants an such.
I once spent a whole summer shootin 'at em with an old daisy bb gun. Even at 75 feet one shot would usually knock 'em down deaader than a doornail :lol:
"The beauty of the second amendment is that it will not be needed until they try to take it." - Thomas Jefferson

"I know not what course other men may take, but as for me, Give me Liberty or Give me Death!" - Patrick Henry
madman4570
Advanced Levergunner

Post by madman4570 »

UncleBuck wrote:Happy Hunting :D
Them ther varmints is nothing but trouble-pesky little critters, but easy enough to git rid of 'em.
They love to dig up floower bulbs and plants an such.
I once spent a whole summer shootin 'at em with an old daisy bb gun. Even at 75 feet one shot would usually knock 'em down deaader than a doornail :lol:

First thought :?:
Grab a frozen bag of succotash(what's handy) out of the freezer,put some in an empty Coolwhip container, mix in some mole pellets and put er under the barn!-----------------But,------------no, I am a fair chase kinda guy! :oops: :D
Pitchy
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Pitchy »

My Snoopy dog was a killer on those things, he`d shake the snot out of them when he caught em. :)
Because I Can, and Have
-------------------------------------------------------------
USAF-72-76
God Bless America.
Disclaimer, not responsible for anyone copying or building anything i make.
Always consult an expert first.
wolfdog
Levergunner 3.0

Post by wolfdog »

Friend of mine from Upstate NY/Vermont is in the process of getting the wiring harness replaced on her 2011 toyota thanks to chipmonks.
madman4570
Advanced Levergunner

Post by madman4570 »

Pitchy wrote:My Snoopy dog was a killer on those things, he`d shake the snot out of them when he caught em. :)

:lol: :D

My brother has a wiener dog-----he wacks the red squirrels(dead)ties a string on them and the weener grabs on(holds)and he merry-go-rounds that weener in the air(it won't let go)sometimes when he wounds them(slows em down)the wiener gets them.
She won't let go to even get a string on it-----It's her kill! :D
iceman
Senior Levergunner

Post by iceman »

One spring I had an infestation of chippys. My co2 pistol and my son's pellet rifle took care of them. I think we got 20 of them over the spring and I haven't seen many of them lately. If I don't like the looks of the population around here this spring they might need a ballancing again. (a little lead under the ear to balance them)
Happiness is a comfortable stump on a sunny south facing mountain.
Bill in Oregon
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Bill in Oregon »

Maddog, I have a Hatsan .25 too. It's got some punch! Just ask the last pocket gopher if you can wake him up.

:twisted:
2ndovc
Advanced Levergunner

Post by 2ndovc »

I had a couple as pets when I was a kid. Could never hurt one but I know in some places they can be troublesome.

I had one that I could let out of his cage. He would run around my room and play. I could pick him up and put him back in his cage when he was all tuckerd out.
Very smart little critters.

We have too many stray cats and coyotes around here to have a large population anyway. Working on the cats.

jb 8)
jasonB " Another Dirty Yankee"

" Tomorrow the sun will rise. Who knows what the tide could bring?"
GonnePhishin
Senior Levergunner

Post by GonnePhishin »

I had a couple as pets when I was a kid
Never knew anyone who had a pet chipmonk. Weren't you afraid it would bite you?
"The beauty of the second amendment is that it will not be needed until they try to take it." - Thomas Jefferson

"I know not what course other men may take, but as for me, Give me Liberty or Give me Death!" - Patrick Henry
madman4570
Advanced Levergunner

Post by madman4570 »

Bill in Oregon wrote:Maddog, I have a Hatsan .25 too. It's got some punch! Just ask the last pocket gopher if you can wake him up.

:twisted:
They are a beast!
Try the 43.2gr Eun Jin pellets(mean bullets) :D

With all this ammo stuff goinjg on lately--------bet a lot more fellas going be getting into this stuff.
Even the 32.4gr .22cal Eun Jin's----------unreal(if some of these guys on here could handle one of those Eun Jin's they would think WT :?:

Put it this way-------if someone unfortunately ever somehow got popped in the noggin even at say 50+yds-----(game over) :cry: (not a toy)

I had/have all these prior years a RWS 36 Deluxe--(.177 @ 1000fps w/Hobby pellets)----the difference with these new guns--------spectacular.
2ndovc
Advanced Levergunner

Post by 2ndovc »

UncleBuck wrote:
I had a couple as pets when I was a kid
Never knew anyone who had a pet chipmonk. Weren't you afraid it would bite you?
Nope. My Dad had one that lived to be thirteen years old. He taught me how to tame/train them.
Yes they are rodents but mice and rats can be trained and they're nowhere as smart!

It takes time and patience but it can be done.

jb 8)
jasonB " Another Dirty Yankee"

" Tomorrow the sun will rise. Who knows what the tide could bring?"
piller
Posting leader...

Post by piller »

Many years ago we had an infestation of chipmunks. It was mostly due to my Mother's planting a strawberry bed in the back yard. After she saw 3 chipmunks run down their holes with strawberries in their mouths, she let my older brother and I use our Crossman pellet guns. When hit in the ribs from a side shot by a .177 target pellet (flat nose) the chipmunk would jump straight up about 3 feet. When they landed they were usually dead or nearly so. A quick second shot would put them out of their misery. I don't remember how many we killed that Summer, but Mom got her strawberries.
D. Brian Casady
Quid Llatine Dictum Sit, Altum Viditur.
Advanced is being able to do the basics while your leg is on fire---Bill Jeans
Don't ever take a fence down until you know why it was put up---Robert Frost
bakamorgan
Levergunner 1.0

Post by bakamorgan »

We always use a cage to catch them and then went to release them out in the country. Of course as we released them our black lab was sitting next to us just waiting. Who am I to stop my dog from wanting to play with his new found friend.

I think we caught 12 one summer. Only 1 lived, he was smart enough to run for the tree. Oh and we always released them in the same spot. 15 ft from the nearest tree.:)
CEMENTHEAD
Levergunner 3.0

Post by CEMENTHEAD »

Chipmunks are hell on anything electrical. I take care of them with a 5 gallon bucket and sunflower seeds.

Good luck, Tom
War sees no color, sex, or ethnic background - wars only see blood shed by our heroes for our freedoms.

I Am An American! Fighting for our Country and our way of life.

Fourth Generation Veteran and Proud !!
AJMD429
Posting leader...

Post by AJMD429 »

This, plus an attic-window or other suitable 'port'. . .

:twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

Videos:
Don't have one, but always wanted one.

Also thought about "What if you got one of these and modified it to work with two Mini-14's, or two AR-15's, or two M1A's. . . ???" :shock: :mrgreen:
Doctors for Sensible Gun Laws
"first do no harm" - gun control LAWS lead to far more deaths than 'easy access' ever could.

Want REAL change? . . . . . "Boortz/Nugent in 2012 . . . ! "
madman4570
Advanced Levergunner

Post by madman4570 »

:lol:
Some good ideas gents!
sore shoulder
Advanced Levergunner

Post by sore shoulder »

AJMD429 wrote:This, plus an attic-window or other suitable 'port'. . .

:twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

Videos:
Don't have one, but always wanted one.

Also thought about "What if you got one of these and modified it to work with two Mini-14's, or two AR-15's, or two M1A's. . . ???" :shock: :mrgreen:
How about 2 AK's Doc?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fQiV4kEYWCs
"He has erected a multitude of New Offices, and sent hither swarms of Officers to harass our people and eat out their substance." Declaration of Independance, July 4, 1776
11B30
.45colt
Advanced Levergunner

Post by .45colt »

A few years ago My former neighbor kept a large pile of corn outback so He could watch the deer..... :evil: a very short distance from My house.... in no time that year We were overrun with chipmunks and they soon were in everything of mine. He had 2 big Golden Labs that were always in My yard chaseing the chippies under the porches..... I asked Him politely to try to keep the dogs home and showed Him the 6 rat traps I was setting around the house and outbuildings.
In the first month I caught 13 of the little buggers. Glad they are Gone.