Issues with forum loading

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
sore shoulder
Advanced Levergunner

Issues with forum loading

Post by sore shoulder »

For many weeks now I've been experiencing an issue with Leverguns, and Leverguns only. Pages won't load and time out. Messages saying browser can't find it. Having to refresh several times before it will load.

It happens on several devices, using different browsers, and on my home wifi, others wifi, and 3G network. Everything else loads fine and I can surf and stream, and speed tests when it's happening come back fine.

So it's definitely Leverguns. I don't know if it's a server issue or something in the forum settings, but it's getting worse.

I've mentioned it in a couple other threads and the mods and admin have been completely silent.

Is anyone else experiencing this?

And while I was trying to post, it happened again.

Here is what I got.
This webpage is not available
The connection to www.levergunscommunity.com was interrupted.
And also an "error 101 server disconnected"
"He has erected a multitude of New Offices, and sent hither swarms of Officers to harass our people and eat out their substance." Declaration of Independance, July 4, 1776
11B30
olyinaz
Advanced Levergunner

Re: Issues with forum loading

Post by olyinaz »

Yes, I've been getting it too. It's pretty clear that whomever hosts Levergunscommunity.com is constantly under attack and also not meeting the threat as well as other hosts. It's not their fault that malicious threats constantly bombard all U.S. internet hosts and servers, but they need to up their game when compared to their peers.

Or at least that's what I think at this moment. More information could change that.
Cheers,
Oly

I hope and pray someday the world will learn
That fires we don't put out will bigger burn

Johnny Wright
pwl44m
Advanced Levergunner

Post by pwl44m »

Same here, had a post typed earlier and when I tried to post it said "host leverguns not responding".
Perry
Perry in Bangor----++++===Calif
sore shoulder
Advanced Levergunner

Post by sore shoulder »

I'm going to start pasting the failure notice in quotes into my posts when it happens as I'm trying to post a reply. If it happens multiple times, I will have multiple quotes.

This thread was not started to hammer the forum or it's staff, it is more of an FYI and to see who else is experiencing the issue.
"He has erected a multitude of New Offices, and sent hither swarms of Officers to harass our people and eat out their substance." Declaration of Independance, July 4, 1776
11B30
Old Savage
Posting leader...

Post by Old Savage »

Happened when I tried to load this. I certainly do not know. I suspect that Hobie and more likely AmBraCol are the only ones that might know the technical issue. I am sure. I will put it on the moderators forum and see if there is an answer forthcoming.
In the High Desert of Southern Calif. ..."on the cutting edge of going back in time"...

markinalpine
Levergunner 2.0

Post by markinalpine »

2nd attempt to post this...timed out!

Maybe it's because of increased traffic from goobermint snoops?

Mark :P
Any way you sell it,
No matter how you spell it,
When you start to smell it,
BO stinks.
Old Savage
Posting leader...

Post by Old Savage »

OK, I posted this there but the reason more mods were added is that those fellows have had more of their time taken up by other issues - we will see what comes back. A PM to AmBraCol is one route for answers. We have had service issues with Verizon here lately and not being techno type I did not know what to attribute it too. We have had it with other larger sites like FaceBook and Google News. Read Olys response - possibility there I suppose.

Here is what I got on trying to post this:

No data received
Unable to load the webpage because the server sent no data.
Here are some suggestions:
Reload this webpage later.
Error 324 (net::ERR_EMPTY_RESPONSE): The server closed the connection without sending any data.

Then this on attempt two.

Oops! Google Chrome could not connect to levergunscommunity.com
Suggestions:
Try reloading the page
Search on Google:

Attempt three:

No data received
Unable to load the webpage because the server sent no data.
Here are some suggestions:
Reload this webpage later.
Error 324 (net::ERR_EMPTY_RESPONSE): The server closed the connection without sending any data.

Four:

Oops! Google Chrome could not connect to levergunscommunity.com
Suggestions:
Try reloading the page
Search on Google:
In the High Desert of Southern Calif. ..."on the cutting edge of going back in time"...

Blaine
Posting leader...

Post by Blaine »

Very, Very slow....Chrome, and Safari both...This is the only site I have problems with... :(
The Rotten Fruit Always Hits The Ground First

Proud Life Member Of:
NRA
Second Amendment Foundation
Citizens Committee For The Right To Keep And Bear Arms
DAV
Mescalero
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Mescalero »

Same here.
cshold
Advanced Levergunner

Post by cshold »

BlaineG wrote:Very, Very slow....Chrome, and Safari both...This is the only site I have problems with... :(
I say it's all big-B's fault for posting that picture the other day... :wink:
J Miller
Member Emeritus

Post by J Miller »

So far I haven't had too much trouble getting on Lever Guns. A couple days ago the forum just would not open. The notice I got from Firefox was something to the effect the browser wasn't responding. I didn't copy it so I'm just trying to remember.

I'm using dial up too if that matters.

I just got this when I tried to post:
The connection was reset

The connection to the server was reset while the page was loading.
The site could be temporarily unavailable or too busy. Try again in a few
moments.
If you are unable to load any pages, check your computer's network
connection.
If your computer or network is protected by a firewall or proxy, make sure
that Firefox is permitted to access the Web.
x2

Joe
***Be sneaky, get closer, bust the cap on him when you can put the ball where it counts ;) .***
Griff
Posting leader...

Post by Griff »

A matter of numbers... too many of y'all trying to access at once! Or... your service provider is limiting your bandwidth.
Griff,
SASS/CMSA #93
NRA Patron
GUSA #93

There is a fine line between hobby & obsession!
AND... I'm over it!!
No I ain't ready, but let's do it anyway!
sore shoulder
Advanced Levergunner

Post by sore shoulder »

Griff wrote:A matter of numbers... too many of y'all trying to access at once!

This forum doesn't have anywhere near enough members for that to be true
Or... your service provider is limiting your bandwidth.
I covered that. I can stream movies in HD. Which is basically using 3 times more bandwidth than the cumulative of users on Leverguns at the same time. This forum uses less bandwidth than a browsers homepage, so basically, if you were right, and our ISP was limiting the bandwidth that much, we wouldn't even be able to open a browser period.

We aren't having the issue anywhere else, just here. It's this forum, not our ISP/computer/sunspots/global warming etc/etc/etc.

But I knew someone was going to say that. Despite the fact I deliberately and in detail explained how that can not be the case :roll:
Oops! Google Chrome could not connect to www.levergunscommunity.com
This webpage is not available
The connection to www.levergunscommunity.com was interrupted.
11B30
Grizz
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Grizz »

It's reading like a server issue, but it could also be a bad upstream router. I ran across this with my local isp once, called up their tech guy and showed him where the problem router was. He didn't believe me until I sent him a screen shot of the console.

Note: highly paid and educated IP professionals are certain that no one in the customer database could possibly discover anything on the networks.

used traceroute and then homed in on the flubbing router nodes...
Blaine
Posting leader...

Post by Blaine »

Grizz wrote:It's reading like a server issue, but it could also be a bad upstream router. I ran across this with my local isp once, called up their tech guy and showed him where the problem router was. He didn't believe me until I sent him a screen shot of the console.

Note: highly paid and educated IP professionals are certain that no one in the customer database could possibly discover anything on the networks.

:shock: :o You have a great future with the IRS.... :P

Proud Life Member Of:
NRA
DAV
flatnose
Levergunner 3.0

Post by flatnose »

Slow here too. Problem seems only with this forum. The rest of the leverguns site, articles etc, works fine.
Chuck 100 yd
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Chuck 100 yd »

Same here. :?
El Chivo
Advanced Levergunner

Post by El Chivo »

I have noticed it for a long time, but with individual posts, not the whole forum.
"I'll tell you what living is. You get up when you feel like it. You fry yourself some eggs. You see what kind of a day it is."
Old Savage
Posting leader...

Post by Old Savage »

I think Grizz may be our man on this ... and here I was thinking bad trunion bearings :wink:

Grizz
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Grizz »

BlaineG wrote:
Grizz wrote:It's reading like a server issue, but it could also be a bad upstream router. I ran across this with my local isp once, called up their tech guy and showed him where the problem router was. He didn't believe me until I sent him a screen shot of the console.

that's scaring the carp outa me
66GTO
Levergunner 3.0

Post by 66GTO »

For what it's worth:

Tracing route to http://www.levergunscommunity.com [67.205.6.250]

1 0 ms ipv4-gtw.misk.com [208.43.97.209]
2 0 ms ae11.dar02.sr01.wdc01.networklayer.com [208.43.118.137]
3 0 ms ae9.bbr02.eq01.wdc02.networklayer.com [173.192.18.188]
4 1 ms be-100-pe01.ashburn.va.ibone.comcast.net [75.149.228.93]
5 3 ms thing-3-11-0-0-cr01.ashburn.va.ibone.comcast.net [68.86.86.145]
6 17 ms he-4-15-0-0-cr01.56marietta.ga.ibone.comcast.net [68.86.89.182]
7 38 ms thing-1-15-0-0-cr01.dallas.tx.ibone.comcast.net [68.86.88.246]
8 70 ms he-0-14-0-0-cr01.losangeles.ca.ibone.comcast.net [68.86.85.141]
9 89 ms as26347.losangeles.ca.ibone.comcast.net [75.149.228.206]
10 67 ms ip-69-163-188-134.dreamhost.com [69.163.188.134]
11 71 ms apache2-echo.hawkeye.dreamhost.com [67.205.6.250]

Trace Complete

It's all Greek to me except for the 71 milliseconds. Works fast enough for me (AT&T DSL)
Is life so dear or peace so sweet as to be purchased at the price of chains and slavery? Forbid it, Almighty God! I know not what course others may take, but as for me, give me liberty, or give me death! P Henry

When the Government fears the people, there is liberty. When the people fear the Government, there is tyranny.T Jefferson
El Chivo
Advanced Levergunner

Post by El Chivo »

Old Savage wrote:I think Grizz may be our man on this ... and here I was thinking bad trunion bearings :wink:

It might be that Leverguns is just more stubborn than other sites; it takes making an effort to get through sometimes.
"I'll tell you what living is. You get up when you feel like it. You fry yourself some eggs. You see what kind of a day it is."
Old Savage
Posting leader...

Post by Old Savage »

Seems fast today. Traffic an issue?

sore shoulder
Advanced Levergunner

Post by sore shoulder »

Was having issues earlier this morning, seems fine now.
11B30
Old Savage
Posting leader...

Post by Old Savage »

So I wonder what the difference is. Not knowledgeable in this sort of thing. I just use this stuff.

Griff
Posting leader...

Post by Griff »

Grizz wrote:
BlaineG wrote:
that's scaring the carp outa me
But, that might not be a bad thing...
Old Savage wrote:I think Grizz may be our man on this ... and here I was thinking bad trunion bearings :wink:
The fact that this came from a "greenie" scares me!

Since I'm on an "air-card" and subject to the data speeds with cell carriers, it often seems slow to me... othertimes, it only loads a ½ page, or sits there on a blank page...
Griff,
SASS/CMSA #93
NRA Patron
GUSA #93

There is a fine line between hobby & obsession!
AND... I'm over it!!
No I ain't ready, but let's do it anyway!
Grizz
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Grizz »

Old Savage wrote:So I wonder what the difference is. Not knowledgeable in this sort of thing. I just use this stuff.
DOS attacks, denial of service, are hacks that involve making hundreds of thousands of page requests in a short period of time, overwhelming the server's ability to respond. this is common and many ISPs are becoming more hardened against this. bots run these attacks in the wild making use of co-opted computers wherever they can be found.

The issue I mentioned earlier is a failing router or circuit that isn't handling the routing efficiently. There are also hacks run against the routers and against subnets, clogging with useless traffic. Sometimes this is done to find vulnerable computers. This is one way that foreign hackers have breached the pentagon and other large networks.

I once found an ISP with completely open access to their subscribers. One could open folders and read email and view pictures that people thought were hidden. They aren't. Although these days that kind of access is not common. I guess...
...Grizz

PS: it would be a mistake to ignore the flux capacitor, when they go down, the whole network is toast.. .
olyinaz
Advanced Levergunner

Post by olyinaz »

The forum was unusable for me this AM. Fine now. Sure hope that whatever it is gets fixed.
Cheers,
Oly

I hope and pray someday the world will learn
That fires we don't put out will bigger burn

Johnny Wright
Pete44ru
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Pete44ru »

I haven't had any issues until yesterday - when I got the same "server not found" message.

My first thought was: "Uh-oh, this looks a lot like it did when leverguns crashed 8-10 years ago & had to be moved to another server(s)."

(Remember the "old" leverguns.com & now this "new" levergunscommunity.com ?)

As of the afternoon, though, it seem stable - so mayhaps "whatever" got fixed...................

sore shoulder
Advanced Levergunner

Post by sore shoulder »

Pete I still have a copy of the old Leverguns logo on my hard drive
11B30
AmBraCol
Webservant

Post by AmBraCol »

Hey guys,

I'm checking it out but so far nothing concrete. Everytime I try to access the forum it comes up licketysplit. Of course, I'm just north of the Equator and south of the Canal so maybe the servers between the host and my 'puter are different. Or???

Next time you have an issue loading the site, try dropping me an email to my "handle" here AT gmail DAHT com. That's the email that reaches me just about anywhere or anytime (except when I'm asleep). I'll do my best to get on and try to see what's going on. But so far I've not been able to replicate the issues you guys are having.
Paul - in Pereira

"He is the best friend of American liberty who is most sincere and active in promoting true and undefiled religion." -- John Witherspoon

http://www.paulmoreland.com
http://www.pistolpackingpreachers.us
http://www.precisionandina.com
Blaine
Posting leader...

Post by Blaine »

I've noticed that it's poor to unusable in the morning, and better to perfect in the evening.... :? :?

Proud Life Member Of:
NRA
DAV
gamekeeper
Spambot Zapper

Post by gamekeeper »

I have the same problems over here on two different computers.
Whatever you do always give 100%........... unless you are donating blood.
cshold
Advanced Levergunner

Post by cshold »

Pete44ru wrote:I haven't had any issues until yesterday - when I got the same "server not found" message.

My first thought was: "Uh-oh, this looks a lot like it did when leverguns crashed 8-10 years ago & had to be moved to another server(s)."

(Remember the "old" leverguns.com & now this "new" levergunscommunity.com ?)

As of the afternoon, though, it seem stable - so mayhaps "whatever" got fixed...................

You're right Pete, I remember that as well.

A little trick I found that has been working for me is:
After the first click on the mouse, count to ten then click it again.
By doing so must give it extra needed time before it times out.