FYI on MidwayUSA orders.

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
nemhed
Senior Levergunner

FYI on MidwayUSA orders.

Post by nemhed »

Like many of you, I'm a repeat customer of MidwayUSA. I think they have great customer service and decent prices on most things. I'm not always happy with their shipping costs though, or their extra service charge on small orders. Today I placed an order with them and intentionally included an item listed on their "free shipping" page. After playing around with adding various "free shipping" items to my cart, I finally struck on a combination that completely offset my total shipping cost. Essentially, Midway gave me a 12" Ontario machete with my order at no additional costs. So, I was pretty pleased with the results. Who couldn't use a extra machete? Well, I suppose a lot of people, but anyway... :lol: Anyone else use this "trick"?

P.S. I don't work for Midway! I just like to save a little bit of money or a least get a little more for it.
El Chivo
Advanced Levergunner

Re: FYI on MidwayUSA orders.

Post by El Chivo »

I had a recent experience with Midway, which worked out in my favor. I ordered a scope and rings, the scope was "free shipping", and the rings went along in the box without a shipping charge. I didn't like the color match and returned the scope, and they didn't have a suitable replacement. I kept the rings.

They credited me the full price of the scope without docking me for any shipping. Most companies will subtract the shipping from returns, free shipping or not, and some will charge shipping if you mix free shipping and regular items in the box.

They didn't make any money off me this time! The lady asked me if I wanted something else, but nothing I want is available.
"I'll tell you what living is. You get up when you feel like it. You fry yourself some eggs. You see what kind of a day it is."
mod71alaska
Senior Levergunner

Post by mod71alaska »

My recent experiences with MidwayUSA have been very good with fair prices. I highly recommend them.
Last edited by mod71alaska on Tue Jun 18, 2013 12:28 am, edited 1 time in total.
Chuck 100 yd
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Chuck 100 yd »

:D :D :D It seems like I am always waiting for something from them. I order quite often.
AJMD429
Posting leader...

Post by AJMD429 »

Chuck 100 yd wrote:It seems like I am always waiting for something from them. I order quite often.
Just about the time I've convinced my wife that "I finally have all I need; I'm not going to be spending any more money on 'gun stuff', honest - this time I really mean it. . .". . . another MidwayUSA box arrives. . . :oops:
Doctors for Sensible Gun Laws
"first do no harm" - gun control LAWS lead to far more deaths than 'easy access' ever could.

Want REAL change? . . . . . "Boortz/Nugent in 2012 . . . ! "
mack
Levergunner 2.0

Post by mack »

I can't say that I've been one of the bigger customers of Midway, however everything transaction I have had with them has been very satisfactory from my point of view.
66GTO
Levergunner 3.0

Post by 66GTO »

I would hate to add up all the money I've spent at Midway over the years. Add to that what I've spent at Bud's Gun Shop and I could take my wife on an around the world cruise, but I don't tell her that. :o

Although Midway may not always have the lowest price on the internet, their web site is superior to all the others in ease of navigation. The customer service is always first rate also. That's why they get most of my internet business (except for powder and primers. Graf's, Wideners, and Powder Valley are who I use for that).
Is life so dear or peace so sweet as to be purchased at the price of chains and slavery? Forbid it, Almighty God! I know not what course others may take, but as for me, give me liberty, or give me death! P Henry

When the Government fears the people, there is liberty. When the people fear the Government, there is tyranny.T Jefferson
piller
Posting leader...

Post by piller »

I have used Midway a few times, and have never been disappointed.
D. Brian Casady
Quid Llatine Dictum Sit, Altum Viditur.
Advanced is being able to do the basics while your leg is on fire---Bill Jeans
Don't ever take a fence down until you know why it was put up---Robert Frost
Blaine
Posting leader...

Post by Blaine »

Good Company....
The Rotten Fruit Always Hits The Ground First

Proud Life Member Of:
NRA
Second Amendment Foundation
Citizens Committee For The Right To Keep And Bear Arms
DAV
olyinaz
Advanced Levergunner

Post by olyinaz »

I like them a lot. Brownell's and Cabella's too, but Midway usually beats them hands down on price. Sometimes one of the three has a deal of some sort or a free or $5 shipping deal etc. They're all good and I like to keep them all in business, and my locals shops too! Together we stand but divided we will surely fall.

That said, "Cheaper Than Dirt" can kiss my big fat keester! (Not that I have a strong opinion on the matter....) :D
Cheers,
Oly

I hope and pray someday the world will learn
That fires we don't put out will bigger burn

Johnny Wright
stretch
Advanced Levergunner

Post by stretch »

Just about the time I've convinced my wife that "I finally have all I need; I'm not going to be spending any more money on 'gun stuff', honest - this time I really mean it. . .". . . another MidwayUSA box arrives. . .
Written like a true addict, Doc!

I can empathize..... :lol: 8)

-Stretch
Bill in Oregon
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Bill in Oregon »

I prefer Grafs or Buffalo Arms for a lot of my stuff, but it is hard to beat Midway's selection.
JohndeFresno
Advanced Levergunner

Post by JohndeFresno »

Midway is my goto reloading supplier; I always look there first for most components:
1) Best search engine, like 66GTO said. Others frequently require an exact name for a part. And they take and use suggestions if you have some concerns or input.
2) Very competitive prices, combined with -
3) Great stocking and selection.
4) Excellent customer care and feedback
5) Their engine frequently makes useful suggestions for additional related purchases.
6) Nice e-mails from my friend whom I have never met, Larry Potterfield! Okay - whatever...

I don't work for them, either, but I suspect that I have some ownership in the company by now.