Computer Question

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
Sixgun
Posting leader...
Location: S.E. Pa. Where The Finest Winchesters & Colts Reside

Computer Question

Post by Sixgun »

Guys,
I know old guns, (I think) but I scrape by on computers. I have this issue to which I have spent several hours on and have reached a dead end.

I got a few videos I took yesterday and tried to upload them to YouTube (so I can show you guys :D ) and this message comes up. I also get this message when I try to attach a PICTURE to an e-mail. I have no problem uploading a picture to Hunt101.

This is what I get on You Tube (and e-mail) and then I get this secondary message on the bottom of the screen.---Help!---------Sixgun

Secondary message on bottom of screen. It reads "A problem with this webpage caused Internet Explorer to close and reopen this tab".
1st. Gen. Colt SAA’s, 1878 D.A.45 and a 38-55 Marlin TD

Mescalero
Advanced Levergunner

Re: Computer Question

Post by Mescalero »

No help, but I have gotton that message a few times lately.
I guess the hackers are playing with everything.
dsmith512
Levergunner 2.0

Post by dsmith512 »

Try a different browser.

I prefer Firefox. Get the windows version.

http://www.firefox.com

Google's Chrome is another good browser

http://www.google.com/chrome

Sometimes IE just does not work well. Try a different browser and then if the site fails you will know it is a website issue and not your browser.
Griff
Posting leader...

Post by Griff »

I get that when I have too many instances of IE open, (more than usual 3), and 20 or so tabs amongst those! It might be unrelated, but my son, (who's more 'puter savvy than I), chides me about doing that, sez I'm overloading the "system." What system? It's just one computer!
Griff,
SASS/CMSA #93
NRA Patron
GUSA #93

There is a fine line between hobby & obsession!
AND... I'm over it!!
No I ain't ready, but let's do it anyway!
olyinaz
Advanced Levergunner

Post by olyinaz »

Six, I started using the Google Chrome browser a few years back for exactly those kind of reasons. It just flat out works! I know that Firefox is good also and even a browser called Opera which seems to be pretty darned good too.

The thing I like about the Chrome browser is that is has a small "footprint". In other words it doesn't gobble up your machine's resources and it loads fast and works fast. Or so it seems to me because I've been perfectly happy with it for several years now. Oh, and here's another neat item: If I add a bookmark in Chrome on my desktop, when I open my iPad on the road the new bookmark has automatically been added there too, and whatever web pages are/were open on my desktop are available to open on the iPad and take up right where I left off because it "sycs" the two continually. Pretty neat!

Good luck with Microsoft! Those guys could screw up a day dream. :roll:

:D
Cheers,
Oly

I hope and pray someday the world will learn
That fires we don't put out will bigger burn

Johnny Wright
Sixgun
Posting leader...

Post by Sixgun »

olyinaz wrote:
Good luck with Microsoft! Those guys could screw up a day dream. :roll: :D
I'll take that a step further. They could screw up a wet dream. :D

OK, here's the scoop. Before Oly posted I took DSmith's advice and downloaded the Firefox thingy............went to You Tube and BINGO! I'm smokin' baby! Thanks guys, :D I'll post a few junky video's of shooting the new Colt 901 .308.------------Sixgun

Pitchy
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Pitchy »

Just a side note but U-Tube has been having problems lately, mine was messing up yesterday then it started working.
There have been lots of reports about bad problems with UT.
Because I Can, and Have
-------------------------------------------------------------
USAF-72-76
God Bless America.
Disclaimer, not responsible for anyone copying or building anything i make.
Always consult an expert first.
Blaine
Posting leader...

Post by Blaine »

Usually, (here I go again, thinking I know something about computers :roll: ) if one browser is not working too good, I'll switch browsers. Chrome, or Safari...one usually works....
The Rotten Fruit Always Hits The Ground First

Proud Life Member Of:
NRA
Second Amendment Foundation
Citizens Committee For The Right To Keep And Bear Arms
DAV
Rusty
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Rusty »

There are several reasons to have more than one browser. One reason is that if you pick up a virus, many times it will tie up your computer. You won't be able to run or download antivirus programs using that same browser. If however you have another browser already downloaded and sitting there on standby you can often use the other browser to work around the virus. I have IE, which I try to never use because of the numerous security flaws it has. I keep Chrome on standby, and use Firefox on a daily basis.
If you're gonna be stupid ya gotta be tough-
Isiah 55:8&9

It's easier to fool people than it is to convince them they have been fooled.
Sixgun
Posting leader...

Post by Sixgun »

Thanks Rusty and guys! Its not easy having a one track mind with old guns, everything thing else seems to be unimportant. :D

Learn something new everyday!----------------6