SCCY PISTOLS

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
Mutt
Levergunner 3.0

SCCY PISTOLS

Post by Mutt »

This seems interesting and something a lot of you might want to know. I recently turned 76 :D :shock: so bare with me a little. I hope I'm remembering this correctly.
I was reading a forum on Gunbroker.com today and a member of their forum was on a tirade :x about the manufacture of SCCY PISTOLS.
He claims the the last number of SCCY's he purchased had to be returned because of manufactureing mistakes. When he contacted the company he claimed they were exteremly rude, and continued to some how try to blame the Buyers :? .
Needless to say it seems a retailer wouldn't shoot himself in the foot like this :o were it not true.
Now here is the kicker. I just read in a new copy of Handguns magazine about a company that is manufactureing this firearm. The advertisement read in part ,( Our "no-question-asked" warranty just might be the most impressive of all the SCCY"s..... :roll: )
Mutt
Rusty
Advanced Levergunner

Re: SCCY PISTOLS

Post by Rusty »

Ok, I'm a little slow on the upta
ke sometimes. What is a SCCY?
If you're gonna be stupid ya gotta be tough-
Isiah 55:8&9

It's easier to fool people than it is to convince them they have been fooled.
Hagler
Senior Levergunner

Post by Hagler »

Rusty,

SCCY is the new name of the SKYY company. SKYY used to make semiautomatic pistols, until SKYY Vodka took them to court:

http://www.sccy.com/

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sccy_CPX-1
The Sccy CPX-1 is a 9mm double action only (DAO) semiautomatic pistol, produced by Sccy Industries, (formerly known as Skyy Industries). It feeds from a staggered column removable 10 round box magazine. It has a polymer frame with a stainless steel barrel and slide, which lock open when the last round is fired. Unlike many handguns of similar size the CPX-1 is equipped with an ambidextrous safety lever. Also a distinctive aspect of the model is, rather than a striker, it is designed with an internal hammer which is more commonly associated with revolvers. The Sccy CPX-1 entered the firearms market in 2005 as, then SKYY Industries’ pilot product. The CPX-1's size makes it an attractive choice for a concealment weapon, as a result this pistol has found support in the US concealed carry community. Concealed Carry Magazine gave it a positive review in its June 2006 issue.[1] Company president, Joe Roebuck, is quoted as saying: "Sccy Industries is committed to providing excellent firearms that do not compromise looks, quality, reliability, or value.”[2]

Sccy CPX-1 has a history of broken guide rods, firing pins, recoil springs, mis sized chambers and cracked slides due to early quality control issues. Even in the latest production models of the CPX-1 the ambidextrous safety will often engage during firing leaving the gun inoperable. Sccy offers both an upgraded safety kit and a safety eliminator for $20.00 to fix the problem.

Sccy has just released, as of October 2010, the CPX-2, which only varies from the CPX-1 through its lack of safety levers and its redesigned polymer frame. This resolves a longtime complaint about the CPX-1 and the position of its safety levers. Early adopters of the CPX-2 are experiencing magazines falling out during shooting and chambering problems causing jams and feed failures. Shooters have also noted the trigger will not reset for a follow up shot. Sccy has stated that the issue is due to broken axis pins resulting from a vendor issue.
Shawn
"That's right, Billy, I'm good with it. I hit what I shoot at, and I'm fast!"-Lucas McCain, c1882.
ImageImage
Rusty
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Rusty »

Ahh, OK thank you. Never heard of them before.
If you're gonna be stupid ya gotta be tough-
Isiah 55:8&9

It's easier to fool people than it is to convince them they have been fooled.
Loy
Levergunner

Post by Loy »

FWIW, I have had nothing but good experience with SCCY. I have an early issue of the CPX-2 which has had no failures or problems. However after reading about upgrades and improvements being made on these guns, I emailed the serial number to SCCY and asked if there were upgrades that should be made on this particular weapon because it is used for CCW. I received a prompt response stating that yes, there were upgrades which could be installed on the gun to increase reliability and longevity. I shipped the gun to then via UPS on Monday, and believe it or not, it was back to my Post Office on Thursday, 4 days later. They had replaced the barrel, trigger assembly and as near as I can tell basically everything but the frame. Turn around time was 4 days, Monday to Thursday, and the total cost was the approximate $14 UPS shipping cost to get it to them. I'm not sure how that could be improved upon.

Loy