A REAL loss for Illannoy & Chicago

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
Old Ironsights
Posting leader...

A REAL loss for Illannoy & Chicago

Post by Old Ironsights »

If y'all hadn't heard:

Don Wade, Iconic WLS radio man, and one of the 4 Conservatives in Chicago Radio, died of Brain Cancer on Friday the 6th.

While I like John Kass & Roe Conn better (in terms of entertainment & Libertarianish politics), Don was one of the good ones - able to call out scumbag Illannoy Pols with virtual impunity. (John Kass can too, but that's because he has a couple of safety deposit boxes full of Dirt...)

I'm sure most folks here don't listen to Chicago radio, but WLS is a good station to run with if all you have is internet radio.
C2N14... because life is not energetic enough.
מנא, מנא, תקל, ופרסין Daniel 5:25-28... Got 7.62?
Not Depressed enough yet? Go read National Geographic, July 1976
Gott und Gewehr mit uns!
wecsoger
Senior Levergunner

Re: A REAL loss for Illannoy & Chicago

Post by wecsoger »

That's sad, he seemed like a really good guy.

My company has a facility up there, right around 36th and the 5. I've been up there more than a couple times and also driving through to somewhere else.

My first times listening to WLS, I was amazed. A lot of very conservative people there, including Mr. Wade, and they took no prisoners in making comments. I'll bet a lot of politicians cringed when their names came up on the radio.

He'll be missed.
El Chivo
Advanced Levergunner

Post by El Chivo »

I called in to his show several times and he "got" my sense of humor. On the day of the OJ verdict, he played a song I had sent in called "California Juries". I am very sorry to hear he's gone. Those were all great memories for me.

P.S., was he really married to Roma?
"I'll tell you what living is. You get up when you feel like it. You fry yourself some eggs. You see what kind of a day it is."
spencer516
Levergunner 1.0

Post by spencer516 »

Yes, he and Roma were married.
Larkbill
Levergunner 3.0

Post by Larkbill »

We have a bunch of customers that have me driving in and through northern Ill-annoy, and WLS is my source of sanity while traveling there. They actually have a station there that calls itself progressive radio, tried to listen for a while to see what the enemy was up to but turned it off when I realized I was losing brain cells.
Levergunner 3.0

Post by Marc »

When I was growing up on the prairies of western Minnesota in the 50's and 60's one of the stations we could get was WLS! Also KOMA in Oklahoma City.
My "HB" (Hunting Buddy) She's a good cook too!