Levergun Golf

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
El Chivo
Advanced Levergunner

Levergun Golf

Post by El Chivo »

I would like to shoot on a levergun golf course. You shoot from a tee-off area offhand at targets between 100 and 200 yards. When you knock down your target, you proceed to the next tee-off area. Then see how many rounds it takes you to do 9 or 18 targets. Low score wins.

Can you see some players with a golf bag full of leverguns? I guess you could have a caddy that would hand you your preferred rifle for that particular target.
"I'll tell you what living is. You get up when you feel like it. You fry yourself some eggs. You see what kind of a day it is."
Old Ironsights
Posting leader...

Re: Levergun Golf

Post by Old Ironsights »

Even more interesting... try it with a shotgun & orange golf balls.

FORE! BOOOM!
C2N14... because life is not energetic enough.
מנא, מנא, תקל, ופרסין Daniel 5:25-28... Got 7.62?
Not Depressed enough yet? Go read National Geographic, July 1976
Gott und Gewehr mit uns!
3leggedturtle
Advanced Levergunner

Post by 3leggedturtle »

El Chivo wrote:I would like to shoot on a levergun golf course. You shoot from a tee-off area offhand at targets between 100 and 200 yards. When you knock down your target, you proceed to the next tee-off area. Then see how many rounds it takes you to do 9 or 18 targets. Low score wins.

Can you see some players with a golf bag full of leverguns? I guess you could have a caddy that would hand you your preferred rifle for that particular target.

Sure can, would love to be a Caddy. How would you decide between a 35Rem or a 375Win for a similar type shot?
30/30 Winchester: Not accurate enough fer varmints, barely adequate for small deer; BUT In a 10" to 14" barrelled pistol; is good for moose/elk to 200 yards; ground squirrels to 300 metres

250 Savage... its what the 223 wishes it could be...!
AJMD429
Posting leader...

Post by AJMD429 »

Truly - if we would have more firearms "games" that were action-oriented, and fast-paced enough for the younger generation, and didn't involve anything giving the appearance of 'violence' for hoplophobes to object to, WE WOULD HAVE WAY MORE PEOPLE IN THIS NATION WHO WERE KNOWLEDGEABLE ABOUT FIREARMS, enjoyed them recreationally, and knew how to use them safely when needed. We'd also have fewer anti-gun or 'swayable' folks who voted based on fear and ignorance.
Doctors for Sensible Gun Laws
"first do no harm" - gun control LAWS lead to far more deaths than 'easy access' ever could.

Want REAL change? . . . . . "Boortz/Nugent in 2012 . . . ! "
El Chivo
Advanced Levergunner

Post by El Chivo »

AJMD429 wrote:Truly - if we would have more firearms "games" that were action-oriented, and fast-paced enough for the younger generation, and didn't involve anything giving the appearance of 'violence' for hoplophobes to object to, WE WOULD HAVE WAY MORE PEOPLE IN THIS NATION WHO WERE KNOWLEDGEABLE ABOUT FIREARMS, enjoyed them recreationally, and knew how to use them safely when needed. We'd also have fewer anti-gun or 'swayable' folks who voted based on fear and ignorance.
Kind of a rich man's hobby; or at least, someone land-rich. Basically shoot, hike, stop to shoot, climb, stop to shoot, etc.

Might also make a fun reality show. For some, including myself, hunting shows are a turn-off because an animal gets killed. It's a serious moment, it's voyeuristic to watch it. You may not agree, but that's my gut feeling and it's the same for many. A shooting course might be entertaining and not offensive or uncomfortable. And yeah, whipping out your best old Winchester for a certain shot and describing its history, cool.

We were all watching Duck Dynasty the other night and I could see them going out and playing levergun golf, well, ok, AR-15 golf. Loser has to shave with a rusty razor.
"I'll tell you what living is. You get up when you feel like it. You fry yourself some eggs. You see what kind of a day it is."
Rusty
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Rusty »

Sounds a lot like a 3D archery shoot.

You might be able to pull it off with air rifles. :D
If you're gonna be stupid ya gotta be tough-
Isiah 55:8&9

It's easier to fool people than it is to convince them they have been fooled.
Sixgun
Posting leader...
Location: S.E. Pa. Where The Finest Winchesters & Colts Reside

Post by Sixgun »

That does sound cool, but like in every sport, there were be cheaters.

I can see it now, some guy with a 200 caliber levergun that lobs a 4 lb projectile with a small explosive device to get his target every time with 1 shot, or a gun-in-one

Then there's guys like me, who, when no one is looking and after shooting one regular cartridge, pulls out a suppressed MP-5 and blasts a burst at his target, claiming, "I got it"-----------------6
1st. Gen. Colt SAA’s, 1878 D.A.45 and a 38-55 Marlin TD

markinalpine
Levergunner 2.0

Post by markinalpine »

Old Ironsights wrote:Even more interesting... try it with a shotgun & orange golf balls.

FORE! BOOOM!
Sounds like one of the "Red Green Shows" from a few years back. :shock:
Mark :lol:
Any way you sell it,
No matter how you spell it,
When you start to smell it,
BO stinks.
Old Ironsights
Posting leader...

Post by Old Ironsights »

markinalpine wrote:
Old Ironsights wrote:Even more interesting... try it with a shotgun & orange golf balls.

FORE! BOOOM!
Sounds like one of the "Red Green Shows" from a few years back. :shock:
Mark :lol:
You have never seen me & a bunch of Rangers play "Combat Golf"...

(We had to reserve the Course at Daybreak... )

The "rules" are simple. You get 2 clubs - your pick. They are to be carried in a "Conan" shoulder rig.

Each player Tees off, then RUNS to his ball and has no more than 3 seconds to address the ball and hit it before running again.

Once on the Green, each player gets to "rest" until all Putts are complete.

Then the next hole begins.

It's brutal. :twisted:
C2N14... because life is not energetic enough.
מנא, מנא, תקל, ופרסין Daniel 5:25-28... Got 7.62?
Not Depressed enough yet? Go read National Geographic, July 1976
Gott und Gewehr mit uns!
cas
Senior Levergunner

Post by cas »

El Chivo wrote: Kind of a rich man's hobby...
They all are. You find that in the action shooting sports (USPSA, IDPA, Multigun) 90% of the shooters are in their 40's or later. Younger guys don't have the money or the time. I kick myself for getting involved so late, despite the urging of many people over the course of 20 years or so. I wonder "what if?, wishing I'd gotten in before I was past my prime. But then I realize, I wouldn't have been able to afford to do it when I was younger, because heck, I can't really afford to do it now. :|
Slow is just slow.