336 ER

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
Thunder50
Senior Levergunner

336 ER

Post by Thunder50 »

Got one that I am thinking of parting with. 356 Win. Don't have a clue what these things are worth now. anyone help out here? Thanks
The meek shall inherit the earth, but I reserve the mineral rights!
All the knowledge in the world, is of no use to fools! (Eagles-long road out of Eden)
TedH
Advanced Levergunner

Re: 336 ER

Post by TedH »

They aren't bring the crazy money they were a few years ago. Seems like they are usually selling nowadays around $600, give or take, depending on condition.
NRA Life Member
wm
Senior Levergunner

Post by wm »

Similar one sitting on a local (mid Michigan) gun store rack for a better part of a year on consignment, firm price at $650.00 if that helps you judge the market.

Seems like two or three years ago guys were chasing these down with almost reckless abandon but apparently the appetite has been somewhat satisfied.

Wm
6pt-sika
Advanced Levergunner

Post by 6pt-sika »

I sold a pair of them a couple years back the nicer one went for $850 . The other had a refinished stock and I think I got about $700 for it !

The nicer one was my jacketed bullet rifle and the refinished stock one was cast bullets only !

Killed a deer with some old 1980's vintage factory 200 grain loads a few years back with the nicer one . A year or so after that I killed another deer with the refinished one shooting handloaded Ranch Dog 359-180GC bullets .

Other then shooting paper thats the extent of my use of the 356 WIN . Two shots two deer pretty simple I think :wink:
Parkers , Mannlicher Schoenauer’s , 6.5mm's and my family in the Philippines !
TedH
Advanced Levergunner

Post by TedH »

Back when everyone wanted one, including me, I remember watching NIB ER's going for $1200+ on Gunbroker. I ended up with a pretty nice one, and I paid $800. Pretty sure I couldn't get that for it now.
NRA Life Member
Pete44ru
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Pete44ru »

FWIW, the onlyest way to get a decent return on it would be to offer it to a very wide cross-section of potential buyers - aka an online auction website like www.gunbroker.com

marwin
Levergunner

Post by marwin »

I would certainly like to know which mid-Michigan gun store wm saw the 336 er for sale for a better part of a year??? :lol: Might be very interested.