This totally sucks

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
jkbrea
Senior Levergunner

This totally sucks

Post by jkbrea »

My Border Collie is taking a turn for the worse. I've had him almost 17 years. He's been slow and shaky the past few months but tonight he got worse. He can't hold anything down and can barely stand. He left his bed and went outside to the middle of the lawn in the cold and just laid there. I carried him back inside but he can't get up. My son who turns 18 next month has had him since he was 2. He is devastated and I don't know what to say to him. darn it. I know what needs to happen but it sure sucks. Sure is hard seeing your kids hurt.....and your dogs. I know it ain't gun related but most of you understand.
.45colt
Advanced Levergunner

Re: This totally sucks

Post by .45colt »

We went through this a few Years ago. Prayers Up.
gamekeeper
Spambot Zapper

Post by gamekeeper »

I've had two Border Collies and I feel your pain....
Whatever you do always give 100%........... unless you are donating blood.
Sixgun
Posting leader...
Location: S.E. Pa. Where The Finest Winchesters & Colts Reside

Post by Sixgun »

This is what happens when the internal organs age and can no longer do what they used to do.....keep them alive. When animals get old and they stop eating, its not a good sign. They will go off by themselves to die.

We here, have gone through this many times and its part of the life cycle between people and their beloved pets. In the last 3 years, we have lost two horses we had for 28 years and several dogs that were in the 14-18 year bracket. It hurts, but we all are willing to go through it again with another animal because what they give us is something that rarely another person can give us, unconditional love with no back stabbing.

Eventually they pass on and as of now, you only have two choices. Take your little buddy to the vet to be sure its not something else that could be simple, or make him comfortable in his bed. Best of luck------------Sixgun
1st. Gen. Colt SAA’s, 1878 D.A.45 and a 38-55 Marlin TD

Old Ironsights
Posting leader...

Post by Old Ironsights »

Same thing with our 14y/o cat. Old Age related renal failure. He wouldn't eat, but was drinking/passing lots of fluid but the kidneys just couldn't filter any more.

Sucks.
C2N14... because life is not energetic enough.
מנא, מנא, תקל, ופרסין Daniel 5:25-28... Got 7.62?
Not Depressed enough yet? Go read National Geographic, July 1976
Gott und Gewehr mit uns!
Blaine
Posting leader...

Post by Blaine »

:( The right thing for pets is usually the tough thing....I waited too long to put down a little mixed breed terrier, and I've felt guilty about it ever since. :(
The Rotten Fruit Always Hits The Ground First

Proud Life Member Of:
NRA
Second Amendment Foundation
Citizens Committee For The Right To Keep And Bear Arms
DAV
MrMurphy
Senior Levergunner

Post by MrMurphy »

Make it quick for him, it's hard to do, but better than having him live out another xxx days in pain when there's nothing you can do.
jkbrea
Senior Levergunner

Post by jkbrea »

MrMurphy wrote:Make it quick for him, it's hard to do, but better than having him live out another xxx days in pain when there's nothing you can do.
I know. We had him put down this morning. He wasn't in pain....just got old. His hearing went out last year and the past few weeks his eyes got really hazy looking. He would be walking and his legs would just give out. Like Sixgun said, his organs were just shutting down. He always looked happy and tail wagging through it all. I've had lots of dogs but he is one of only three I was really attached to. Rest in peace Casey...
Blaine
Posting leader...

Post by Blaine »

I thought this was done in good taste.... :cry:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZcQvYh_3Atw
The Rotten Fruit Always Hits The Ground First

Proud Life Member Of:
NRA
Second Amendment Foundation
Citizens Committee For The Right To Keep And Bear Arms
DAV
Grizz
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Grizz »

sorry for your loss, glad for your dog that you love him, and glad for what he gave you.
gak
Senior Levergunner

Post by gak »

I'm so sorry - been there, it's tough but you did the right thing. My thoughts are with you.
1894c

Post by 1894c »

prayers sent...lots of dust around the lap top...hard to see... :(
FWiedner
Advanced Levergunner

Post by FWiedner »

Sorry to hear about your friend.

I was going to say that the situation didn't really suck, it's just the way of life.

Now that you've made the tough decision, I'll still have to say that while it's emotionally trying, it still doesn't suck, because you've done the right thing by your friend.

I hope there's peace in the knowledge that your friend is at rest, and that you were there for him to the last.

What creature could ask for better at the end of the day?

Having a friend, even when the chips are down, never sucks.

:)
Government office attracts the power-mad, yet it's people who just want to be left alone to live life on their own terms who are considered dangerous.

History teaches that it's a small window in which people can fight back before it is too dangerous to fight back.
AJMD429
Posting leader...

Post by AJMD429 »

Same thing at our house a few years ago - viewtopic.php?f=1&t=23208; we learned a lot about ourselves that day...
Doctors for Sensible Gun Laws
"first do no harm" - gun control LAWS lead to far more deaths than 'easy access' ever could.

Want REAL change? . . . . . "Boortz/Nugent in 2012 . . . ! "
Old Ironsights
Posting leader...

Post by Old Ironsights »

FWiedner wrote:Sorry to hear about your friend.
I was going to say that the situation didn't really suck, it's just the way of life.
Now that you've made the tough decision, I'll still have to say that while it's emotionally trying, it still doesn't suck, because you've done the right thing by your friend.
I hope there's peace in the knowledge that your friend is at rest, and that you were there for him to the last.
What creature could ask for better at the end of the day?

Having a friend, even when the chips are down, never sucks.

:)
Gee Fred... you sound almost compassionate this morning. :shock: Haven't had your Cactus Needle juice yet? ;) :lol:

(great observation...)
C2N14... because life is not energetic enough.
מנא, מנא, תקל, ופרסין Daniel 5:25-28... Got 7.62?
Not Depressed enough yet? Go read National Geographic, July 1976
Gott und Gewehr mit uns!