How did you first arrive at the Leverguns.com Forum?

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.

How did you first arrive here at the Leverguns.com forum?

Personal invitation by a founder (Paco Kelly, JimT)
5%
Personal invitation by a member
8%
Heard about Leverguns.com on another forum
24%
Found leverguns.com on a search engine (google, etc)
59%
Huh? What's leverguns.com? Where am I?
4%

Total votes: 156
AmBraCol
Webservant

How did you first arrive at the Leverguns.com Forum?

Post by AmBraCol »

As I was going through a list of new subscribers, culling out the obvious spammers and hopefully not dropping any legits through the cracks, I got to wondering, "Where is everyone coming from?" So, we've got us a new poll! :) Were you one of the original invitees from the founders? Did you hear about us on a different forum? Did you find us via search engine? We've now got 1662 members, I'm just curious where folks found out about us... (there were about 5,000 on the former forum IIRC)

Thanks for participating!
Paul - in Pereira

"He is the best friend of American liberty who is most sincere and active in promoting true and undefiled religion." -- John Witherspoon

http://www.paulmoreland.com
http://www.pistolpackingpreachers.us
http://www.precisionandina.com
JReed
Advanced Levergunner

Post by JReed »

I was google searching for some .45colt hunting loads for my trapper and came across Paco's article on .45colt in leverguns. This was back in 04 and just never left. :D
Jeremy
GySgt USMC Ret

To err is human, To forgive is devine, Neither of which is Marine Corps policy
Semper Fidelis
jengel
Levergunner 2.0

Post by jengel »

JReed wrote:I was google searching for some .45colt hunting loads for my trapper and came across Paco's article on .45colt in leverguns. This was back in 04 and just never left. :D
Me too.
FWiedner
Advanced Levergunner

Post by FWiedner »

I was over at Marlinfirearms.com and found a brethren community here when they got shut down. I was invited over by a member. Now I own as many Winchesters as I do Marlins!

In case I've never said it out loud, Thanks for a great site and all the hard work you do to keep it going.

What a fine bunch of folks you all are!

:)
Government office attracts the power-mad, yet it's people who just want to be left alone to live life on their own terms who are considered dangerous.

History teaches that it's a small window in which people can fight back before it is too dangerous to fight back.
sore shoulder
Advanced Levergunner

Post by sore shoulder »

Built a house for a guy, and part of the final payment was a 94 big bore AE deluxe model. I googled 444 and some articles by Al Anderson popped up, which were being hosted at the old Leverguns at that time. Some of you may remember some of the work done with the 444 and other cartridges by Al.

That rifle now resides with an Okie goes by 2row. :lol:

I already had a Marlin 45-70 stainless guide gun so the 444 was redundant, an I don't like all that clanky stuff that dropped out when I cycled that Winny. Sure was a pretty rifle though.
"He has erected a multitude of New Offices, and sent hither swarms of Officers to harass our people and eat out their substance." Declaration of Independance, July 4, 1776
11B30
Ben_Rumson
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Ben_Rumson »

Stumbled on Leverguns back in Nov 2004 Right after I got my first levergun, my 1873 SRC..Since then I've picked up a B92-44 Uberti 73-44 & Sav 99-300 & resisting oh so many others in the mean time!
WCF3030
Senior Levergunner

Post by WCF3030 »

In 02 I was looking for load info on a 4 digit SN# 375 Winchester BB I had just bought and found this site.
I started as Trails 650 then switched too WCF3030.
That which does not kill me has made a grave tactical error.

http://thewoodsman1.blogspot.com/
cnjarvis
Senior Levergunner

Post by cnjarvis »

jengel wrote:
JReed wrote:I was google searching for some .45colt hunting loads for my trapper and came across Paco's article on .45colt in leverguns. This was back in 04 and just never left. :D
Me too.
Me Three... I think. :)
Jeeps
Levergunner 3.0

Post by Jeeps »

cnjarvis wrote:
jengel wrote:
Me too.
Me Three... I think. :)
Must be contagious, hope I don't get a sore on my lip :shock:
Jeeps

Semper Fidelis

Pay attention to YOUR Bill of Rights, in this day and age it is all we have.
foxtrapper
Levergunner 2.0

Post by foxtrapper »

Search engine, I was looking for custom levergun gunsmith and the rest was history!
Old Ironsights
Posting leader...

Post by Old Ironsights »

A million years ago I was heavily involved in the Indiana PCR debate and SteveB steered me here.

Then I bought a 92 from NKJ.

And assorted other stuff from other folks.

Now I'm doomed. :twisted:
C2N14... because life is not energetic enough.
מנא, מנא, תקל, ופרסין Daniel 5:25-28... Got 7.62?
Not Depressed enough yet? Go read National Geographic, July 1976
Gott und Gewehr mit uns!
DavidS
Levergunner 1.0

Post by DavidS »

I found Leverguns forum on a search engine. The best forum by far.
David S
J Miller
Member Emeritus

Post by J Miller »

I was posting something about leverguns over on Handloads.com when a member of the then new Leverguns forum contacted me and invited me over here. I forget who that was, but I'm glad to have been invited.

Joe
***Be sneaky, get closer, bust the cap on him when you can put the ball where it counts ;) .***
JimT
Shootist

Post by JimT »

The last thing I remembered was going into the bar in Shanghai. When I woke up, here I was!
papabear
Levergunner 2.0

Post by papabear »

was told about it by Joe 86er Thanks Joe one of the better site on this mental box
PARENTS DON'T TAKE PICTURES OF THEIR KIDS PLAYING VIDEO GAMES
====================================================================
For Those Who Understand No Explanation Is Needed
For Those Who Don't None Will Do
====================================================================
Member Of The N.R.A.-North American Hunting club-Syosset Gun Club
Jayhawker
Levergunner 2.0

Post by Jayhawker »

Like FWeidner, I heard about it on the Marlin Forum before it was closed down, sometime in 2003? That sounds right but that's a long time ago.
Well done is better than well said.
txpete
Departed Friend

Post by txpete »

ditto here.
pete
DAV life member.
2ndovc
Advanced Levergunner

Post by 2ndovc »

Did a gooogle search on the Marlin 56 and thought this was an interesting place. I'd never participated on an online forum before.

8)
jasonB " Another Dirty Yankee"

" Tomorrow the sun will rise. Who knows what the tide could bring?"
Sixgun
Posting leader...
Location: S.E. Pa. Where The Finest Winchesters & Colts Reside

Post by Sixgun »

Paul,
As you know, I was an "old head" from the Sixgunner.Com forum from 1998 and Jim T invited us to "come on over" when leverguns opened up--------------Sixgun
1st. Gen. Colt SAA’s, 1878 D.A.45 and a 38-55 Marlin TD

AJMD429
Posting leader...

Post by AJMD429 »

JimT wrote:The last thing I remembered was going into the bar in Shanghai. When I woke up, here I was!
:lol: :lol: :lol:
Best answer yet...!

I was looking for info on the .454 Casull Pumas (i.e. 'do they really blow up or not...?')
Doctors for Sensible Gun Laws
"first do no harm" - gun control LAWS lead to far more deaths than 'easy access' ever could.

Want REAL change? . . . . . "Boortz/Nugent in 2012 . . . ! "
Kismet
Levergunner 2.0
Location: New Hampshire (wishing I could move back West, darn women)

Post by Kismet »

I think I fell through the rabbit hole! :shock: :P
"The sword is more important than the shield, and skill is more important than either. The final weapon is the brain. All else is supplemental." -- John Steinbeck
Modoc ED
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Modoc ED »

Was on another forum asking about a Winchester 94 and Mike D was in the same thread and asked me/suggested that I check out the old forum "Leverguns.Sixshooter".
ED
Yer never too old
Griff
Posting leader...

Post by Griff »

I was over on CastBoolits on their levergun asking about a receiver for a project I had in mind; someone suggested I post a query here about it. And, to the regret of some, no one invited me to leave.
Griff,
SASS/CMSA #93
NRA Patron
GUSA #93

There is a fine line between hobby & obsession!
AND... I'm over it!!
No I ain't ready, but let's do it anyway!
gamekeeper
Spambot Zapper

Post by gamekeeper »

I got fed up surfing Muzzle Loading web sites, thought I'd check out more modern and up to date firearms like 1866 and 1873 Winchesters!
I found the old Forum and got myself educated !! :wink:
Whatever you do always give 100%........... unless you are donating blood.
Chuck 100 yd
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Chuck 100 yd »

Same here, found a link on another forum. Got here and just stayed. :wink:
Rebel1972
Levergunner 2.0

Post by Rebel1972 »

two years ago Monday I was layed off from my job of 15 years .I found myself with all kinds of time to reload and play on the internet.In my search for 30-30 loads I found Juniors site .After I read all the articles there I was looking at the links and lo and behold Leverguns.Com.The rest is history(not to mention a blur)
Advanced Levergunner

Post by 1886 »

Just surfin' one day. Glad I found y'all. 1886.
Andrew
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Andrew »

Looking for stuff on the ol' 94. It looks as if I am in the majority too.
ImageImage
Qui tacet consentit. (silence implies consent)
The Boring Blog
505stevec
Levergunner 3.0

Post by 505stevec »

Was looking for answers on a gun problem and found this place. I have had a great time learning from you all and unfortunately for my pocket book :wink: begun to get new direction in my firearm buying and collecting. :D
rimrock
Levergunner 2.0

Post by rimrock »

I googled articles on the .444, and Paco's articles came up. At the time I joined the old forum, I was also a member of Taffin's sixgun,com site before it went away and I'm still a member of the beartoothbullets.com forum. I lurk around on some others, but they just don't meet my needs.
C. Cash
Advanced Levergunner

Post by C. Cash »

Looking for info on the much maligned/ignored 356 Win. back in 2000 or 2001. Read Paco's articles on his website for the 358 and 356 Win. and got excited that someone else liked the cartridges. Emailed Paco a few newbie questions and he was kind enough to repond with the info I needed. Paco, William(Slim) Iorg, Lobo and a number of others on the old forum got me started on reloading this cartridge. Fine gentlemen all.
But God demonstrates his own love for us in this: While we were still sinners, Christ died for us. Romans 5:8
Rusty
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Rusty »

I can't remember I must have been born here.
If you're gonna be stupid ya gotta be tough-
Isiah 55:8&9

It's easier to fool people than it is to convince them they have been fooled.
dr walker
Senior Levergunner

Post by dr walker »

I was looking for articles on 35 remington rifles and I found links to Paco's articles. I did not notice or know what a forum was for a while. and finally I clicked on the link. I mainly just read posts. Every person I have dealt with from this forum has been great, friendly and helpful. I have invited friends and family to join us here on this forum, but their interests differ.
Jeff Pitts
Levergunner 1.0

Post by Jeff Pitts »

I linked to it years ago. The very first original. Seems like it was about 3 forums ago? Or perhaps the original went down twice or so. Seems like I"ve been here forever!

Jeff
GEOFF
Levergunner 2.0

Post by GEOFF »

A few years ago Marlin Firearms Company had the old Marlin Talk. Then Marlin did away with that and some guys set up Marlin Owners.

One of the times I believe either when Marlin Owners was down, or just after Marlin Talk had been terminated, poster marlinman93 suggested I check out Levergunners. That is how I got here, his suggestion. Fine sight, by the way!! Thanks to you guys that do the maintenance to keep it running!!

Geoff
GANJIRO

Post by GANJIRO »

Back in late 2003 I had just purchased a new in box 94AE Ranger Compact in 357 mag ($230.00 hard to believe now) and was looking for loads to work up for this new toy. and stumbled onto leverguns.com This was even before my back injury, and 2 surgeries, and 3 years of rehab, before I found little Lucille in the woods, and my mom & pop were going strong, I thought they'd live forever. Boy have things changed these past several years.
pharmseller
Senior Levergunner

Post by pharmseller »

I was trying to find a replacement stock for grandpa's model 71 deluxe and somehow I would up here, THEN I went to Shanghai and got a tattoo and a sore on my lip!

Quinn
We are determined that before the sun sets on this terrible struggle, our flag will be recognized throughout the world as a symbol of freedom on the one hand, of overwhelming power on the other.

General George C. Marshall, 1942
BenT
Advanced Levergunner

Post by BenT »

Looking for levergun info and found this site back in 04 . I thought I was the only with a closet full of leverguns. Finally had to join when I needed a question answered about the correct rear sight on a 93 Marlin. The first forum that I ever joined.
sore shoulder
Advanced Levergunner

Post by sore shoulder »

:lol:
"He has erected a multitude of New Offices, and sent hither swarms of Officers to harass our people and eat out their substance." Declaration of Independance, July 4, 1776
11B30
m.wun
Levergunner 3.0

Post by m.wun »

Gun Blast.com . Just saw the words leverguns and had to check
it out.
What in the wild world of sports is going on here
Duff L Bagg
Levergunner 2.0

Post by Duff L Bagg »

I was looking for load data for one of my leverguns and, as many others have stated, I stumbled across Paco's writtings and have never left.
I was suprised to find that there are so many other people that are addicted to leverguns like I am.
Thanks to Paco, Jim T and the many others that have posted thier writtings in the articles section. I have read and reread almost every article posted there.
Hardly a day goes by that I do not learn something from one of the members here.
To all of the members, thank you for sharing you knowledge with me.

Larry

Really Baby, I swear that it just followed me home.
C. Cash
Advanced Levergunner

Post by C. Cash »

sore shoulder wrote:Image

:lol:
I believe Mr. Steve Barrett did that for us as well as alot of other tutorials and how to's. He is another fella that is sorely missed here, in addition to those mentioned these past couple of days.
But God demonstrates his own love for us in this: While we were still sinners, Christ died for us. Romans 5:8
Ysabel Kid

Post by Ysabel Kid »

Was searching for load information on the .45-60 WCF round, and came across a post from KirkD... so, you can all blame Kirk for me being here!!! :wink:
shooter
Senior Levergunner

Post by shooter »

I'm a leftover from the old Sixgunner.com site. Although I've never posted all that much, I enjoy reading other people's stuff. Y'all are pretty good company.
‎"If ye love wealth greater than liberty, the tranquility of servitude greater than the animating contest for freedom, go home from us in peace. We seek not your counsel, nor your arms. Crouch down and lick the hand that feeds you; and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen" - Samuel Adams
jazman
Levergunner 3.0

Post by jazman »

Bought a Rossi .357 92, and was looking for some information on it, and stumbled in. Since then have bought a Henry .22 and a NKJ .357 92 Trapper, don't know what's next but it'll be something with a lever on it. This place is driving me broke! :D
"If you're gonna be a bear, be a grizzly"
GoatGuy
Senior Levergunner

Post by GoatGuy »

TRichard put me onto this addictive site some 3 years ago. I had an early affinity for the levers, but I'd never kept or used one for long. That shortsidedness really changed for me and gained momentum with my first new Marlin (1895 45-70) bought in 1978.
mescalero1
Advanced Levergunner

Post by mescalero1 »

I was looking for stuff on the .22 Magnum, found where Paco had eradicated a pack of feral dogs with a .22 Mag., then I found his article on a Rossi he had in .256 Win. That linked to leverguns,then I asked about my 1873 Win. sounds like the foundation to a drug habit. I have never been to Shainghai, but they did want to send me to Singapore?
Old Savage
Posting leader...

Post by Old Savage »

Ah, KirkD, he was the problem huh, should have known.
In the High Desert of Southern Calif. ..."on the cutting edge of going back in time"...

El Chivo
Advanced Levergunner

Post by El Chivo »

I was researching before buying my first gun about 4 years ago. I ran across some threads and started asking questions. Got a lot of help, between this forum and Chuckhawks site I decided leverguns were right for me.
"I'll tell you what living is. You get up when you feel like it. You fry yourself some eggs. You see what kind of a day it is."
j schott
Levergunner

Post by j schott »

I was looking for reloading info for the 45-60. I don't contribute very much as most topics, questions are answered by more knowledgable people than I. But I am learning.
NRA life member
NMLRA member