prices

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
Mescalero
Advanced Levergunner

prices

Post by Mescalero »

I was just on gunbroker checking prices for reloading supplies, seems high.
How about you guys locally, how is looking?
rjohns94
Advanced Levergunner

Re: prices

Post by rjohns94 »

They have remained high and limited for the last year
Mike Johnson,

"Only those who will risk going too far, can possibly find out how far one can go." T.S. Eliot
Mescalero
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Mescalero »

See if Six will chime in from high volume Targetmaster land.
flatnose
Levergunner 3.0

Post by flatnose »

Yep, I would say prices are high, and probably will climb a lot more in the next couple of years. 8lbs of powder at more than a few suppliers is going for over $160 plus shipping and hazmat. Primers 30 to 35 bucks per 1000 and brass is 80cents a piece for large cases, 50 to 60 cents for midsizes and small stuff 25 cents. Bullets are getting costly too.
Seems to me that its becoming a costly hobby. For myself and many of my buddies, we have cut back alot on the frequency and the amount we shoot, probably less than 20% of what we used to shoot 10Years ago.
I have plenty of supplies to last me, but have switched to using more lead bullets and lighter loads, and am about to start casting my own.
if it wasnt for the military, police and homeland security demand for ammo, I think the current prices would be hurting their industry and the sport.
Correction. It is hurting the sport.
ollogger
Advanced Levergunner

Post by ollogger »

Still very low stock within a 100 miles of here, if they get it in, its gone when im there
seems like GB has more stock than any place you look, so yes folks bid on it there
im ok on most stuff, but shoot more hand guns with my cast bullets than rifle

ollogger
Rusty
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Rusty »

I don't think the current situation has anything to do with military, police and Homeland security. It's a simple mater of what we as shooters have tried to do has happened. We try to introduce new people to the sport, well, they're here. 60% of sales by Smith & Wesson are to first time gun buyers. Every year there are more and more new shooters and the ammo companies have not been keeping up.
If you're gonna be stupid ya gotta be tough-
Isiah 55:8&9

It's easier to fool people than it is to convince them they have been fooled.
jdad
Advanced Levergunner

Post by jdad »

Mescalero wrote:I was just on gunbroker checking prices for reloading supplies, seems high.
How about you guys locally, how is looking?
Are you looking at "completed" and "sold" auctions or just what the asking prices are?

I see a 50% or better improvement of on the shelf stock, in the local box stores. Prices are normal, for the most part, except in the LGS. 22LR is the only item that still seems to be hit or miss.
I know a whole lot about very little and nothing about a whole lot.
Chuck 100 yd
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Chuck 100 yd »

The local Sportsmans Whse. had a good supply of primers a week ago when I was there. The prices were about $32-$35 a thou. . They are short on everything else though.
Lots of powder at the gun show yesterday for $40-$45 a pound . :x
Those guys are buying it up to jab everyone at the shows.
J35
Levergunner 3.0

Post by J35 »

Was in large gun store a couple weeks ago, they just received a shipment of Alliant powder
$19.99 a pound for 2400 on down to Bullseye.

-----J
Keep The Peace, Love and Harmony, These are the Gold Nuggets, All Else Is Sand !!
Mescalero
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Mescalero »

J35nut,
Now that sounds better.
Ysabel Kid

Post by Ysabel Kid »

Price's are high and availability is limited still. I went to the Dixie Gun & Knife show today for a couple hours - all I could spare with everything else going on - in the hopes of buying a can of Bullseye. No such luck. Did see more primers than last time, though no CCI 500 small pistol primers (my favorites). Only one vendor in the whole place had .22 LR's, and wanted $60 for a 525 Remington bulk pack! I didn't buy - I have plenty, so don't have to buy desperately. Saw plenty of EBR's and parts, including PMag's.
horsesoldier03
Advanced Levergunner

Post by horsesoldier03 »

My local vendors can always beat internet prices by the time you put on the HAZMAT fee. If you know a lot of people that reload, a group buy would be a good way to cut the cost down.
“Gun control is like trying to reduce drunk driving by making it tougher for sober people to own cars.”
Sixgun
Posting leader...
Location: S.E. Pa. Where The Finest Winchesters & Colts Reside

Post by Sixgun »

Ok, here's the scoop
In Targetmaster land, where the sun always shines, the past, present, and future has always and will always be the "land of whatever you want whenever you want it at fair market value".

I was down there today and the first thing I saw was two Pa. State Police cars rounding up a couple of bros who actually thought they could buy guns with past felony records and present outstanding warrants. Ha. They slapped the cuffs on them and to the Big House they went. :D These suckers must have the IQ of a stalk of celery.

Anyway, on to the current prices and availability. Everything is full stocked and prices are all fair market value. Well, the cases of .22's are on the light side with maybe only a half a pallet of CCI mini-mags and another half pallet of Remington. There's pallets and pallets of everything else like 9mm, 40's,38/357, 45, 357 sig, 30 carbine, 223, and a full assortment of every kind of shotgun ammo you can think of, from trap loads to Law Enforcement reduced recoil buckshot. And that's just what is on the showroom floor.

Every kind of modern gun known to the industry is in the showcases. Every black gun, including the new bull pup Tavor is on the racks except I did not see the Lewis Machine and Tool 308. I hear they are hard to get. But at Targetmaster, nothing is hard to get......it may take a day or two, but it will be there.

Good sales talk huh? :D No BS, everything is and has been in stock. He recently filled some ammo orders for the FBI and the Texas Rangers because they could not get certain calibers.

And just think about this, I have Carte Blanche there. Yep, a factory worker peon like me.

Oh, on to Miller's Sporting Goods in Linwood Pa. Joe miller and I go back 40 years and his reloading supplies are full stocked. The only thing I noticed that's priced high are the jacketed bullets for reloading but that don't bother me none because I shoot mostly cast. The powder and primer shelves are stacked to the top.

I got carte Blanche there too! I tell ya, only in America is life so good!------6
1st. Gen. Colt SAA’s, 1878 D.A.45 and a 38-55 Marlin TD

cas
Senior Levergunner

Post by cas »

It's funny, I got an email from Graf and Sons telling me I was losing my "dealer" status because I hadn't bought a minimum of $2k worth this year. Ummm…. that's kind of hard to do when you guys don't have anything to buy. I'm upset.
Slow is just slow.