It had to happen in Florida

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
Rusty
Advanced Levergunner

It had to happen in Florida

Post by Rusty »

FoxNews.com

A South Florida Walmart employee is under arrest after shooting up a co-worker’s car hours after police said he grew disgruntled from learning the fellow worker had been selected as the store’s Employee of the Month.

Willie Mitchell pulled up to the unidentified Employee of the Month’s unoccupied car earlier this month in the parking lot of the Deerfield Beach Walmart, rolled down his back window, fired a single shot into the vehicle and then drove off, according to CBS4 in Miami.

“She was announced as the employee of the month which you would think that would be something good, people would be happy for her,” Broward County Sherriff’s Office Spokesperson Veda Coleman-Wright reportedly said. “But there was one employee who wasn’t happy.”

The shooting reportedly came just hours after the victim had been named the Walmart branch’s Employee of the Month. In the wake of the announcement, police told CBS4 Mitchell argued with the victim over their respective workloads and told her repeatedly, “I’m gonna show you.”

Mitchell reportedly knew the victim was not in the car when he fired the shot, having reportedly asked someone in the parking lot if she was already at work just before the incident took place.

“Perhaps [Mitchell] wanted to be employee of the month but clearly these actions that we saw in response to this, I think we see why he wasn’t chosen as employee of the month,” Coleman-Wright told CBS4.

A Walmart spokesperson reportedly said Mitchell no longer works for the company, adding the Employee of the Month award does not come with any monetary benefit other than recognition for a job well done.
If you're gonna be stupid ya gotta be tough-
Isiah 55:8&9

It's easier to fool people than it is to convince them they have been fooled.
markinalpine
Levergunner 2.0

Re: It had to happen in Florida

Post by markinalpine »

:lol:
Isn't Broward County, FL, one of those "Hanging Chad" counties back in 2000?
Mark :twisted:
Any way you sell it,
No matter how you spell it,
When you start to smell it,
BO stinks.
AJMD429
Posting leader...

Post by AJMD429 »

“Perhaps [Mitchell] wanted to be employee of the month but clearly these actions that we saw in response to this, I think we see why he wasn’t chosen as employee of the month,” Coleman-Wright told CBS4.
Priceless... :D
Doctors for Sensible Gun Laws
"first do no harm" - gun control LAWS lead to far more deaths than 'easy access' ever could.

Want REAL change? . . . . . "Boortz/Nugent in 2012 . . . ! "
piller
Posting leader...

Post by piller »

How did he get hired in the first place?
D. Brian Casady
Quid Llatine Dictum Sit, Altum Viditur.
Advanced is being able to do the basics while your leg is on fire---Bill Jeans
Don't ever take a fence down until you know why it was put up---Robert Frost
FWiedner
Advanced Levergunner

Post by FWiedner »

piller wrote:How did he get hired in the first place?
Uh... WALmart...

:?

:lol:
Government office attracts the power-mad, yet it's people who just want to be left alone to live life on their own terms who are considered dangerous.

History teaches that it's a small window in which people can fight back before it is too dangerous to fight back.
.45colt
Advanced Levergunner

Post by .45colt »

"Employee of the Month award does not come with any monetary benefit other than recognition for a job well done."...........Wallmart really know how to set an example in the retail world, the owners live like Kings while they drag every one else thru the mud.
Blaine
Posting leader...

Post by Blaine »

.45colt wrote:"Employee of the Month award does not come with any monetary benefit other than recognition for a job well done."...........Wallmart really know how to set an example in the retail world, the owners live like Kings while they drag every one else thru the mud.
It's especially nasty how they have to herd the slaves into the stores every morning with whips and chains.... :evil:
The Rotten Fruit Always Hits The Ground First

Proud Life Member Of:
NRA
Second Amendment Foundation
Citizens Committee For The Right To Keep And Bear Arms
DAV
.45colt
Advanced Levergunner

Post by .45colt »

I just Have to agree......................Totally.............. Blaine. All the more reason they are going to have to raise the minimum wage. :shock: .
carbluesnake
Levergunner 2.0

Post by carbluesnake »

Minimum wage? What is a minimum wage? Why stop at $9 hr? Why not $12 an hr? Wait, I have a better idea. Make it $40 hr. Obviously, it is all silly. They make arbitrary wages out of what, thin air. People will work for what they pay, and are glad to get it. If not, quit. The market will make it what it should.
El Chivo
Advanced Levergunner

Post by El Chivo »

piller wrote:How did he get hired in the first place?
one of the big optical companies used to require personality tests before they would hire anyone. I didn't pass it.

Later on I heard they caught a guy who killed his girlfriend, cut her up, and left pieces of her in rest areas all along I-5. He was an employee of that company...
"I'll tell you what living is. You get up when you feel like it. You fry yourself some eggs. You see what kind of a day it is."
Griff
Posting leader...

Post by Griff »

When I joined the SO in TX I had to get a psychological examination... The psychologist asked me, "do you think you're mentally stable enough to handle police work after 14 years in CA?"

I told her, "...anyone who's been a cop for more'n 5 years is mentally unfit for such duty." And although my true thoughts, I figured I'd blown the answer.

Her reply and notation on my application: "Subject seems well-grounded in reality." Ok, so who was kiddin' who? I put in 12 more years there in TX, luckily, it was as a volunteer, so could pick & choose when I worked. In reality... there are folks who need an azz-whoppin' from time-to-time! Glad I don't have put up with the political stuff from the brass and the stupidity from John Q. Public anymore! :twisted: :twisted:
Griff,
SASS/CMSA #93
NRA Patron
GUSA #93

There is a fine line between hobby & obsession!
AND... I'm over it!!
No I ain't ready, but let's do it anyway!
Blaine
Posting leader...

Post by Blaine »

carbluesnake wrote:Minimum wage? What is a minimum wage? Why stop at $9 hr? Why not $12 an hr? Wait, I have a better idea. Make it $40 hr. Obviously, it is all silly. They make arbitrary wages out of what, thin air. People will work for what they pay, and are glad to get it. If not, quit. The market will make it what it should.
Exactly....The SEIU is fomenting this. Low Information Obama voters eat this stuff up, as if they didn't get enough free handouts as it is, working for minimum wage (or, not at all)
The Rotten Fruit Always Hits The Ground First

Proud Life Member Of:
NRA
Second Amendment Foundation
Citizens Committee For The Right To Keep And Bear Arms
DAV
.45colt
Advanced Levergunner

Post by .45colt »

No Better Place than His Hometown............ :lol: :lol: :lol: http://www.reuters.com/article/2013/12/ ... edType=RSS
AJMD429
Posting leader...

Post by AJMD429 »

carbluesnake wrote:Minimum wage? What is a minimum wage? Why stop at $9 hr? Why not $12 an hr? Wait, I have a better idea. Make it $40 hr. Obviously, it is all silly. They make arbitrary wages out of what, thin air. People will work for what they pay, and are glad to get it. If not, quit. The market will make it what it should.
Yep.

Study after study shows that all 'minimum wage' laws do is result in fewer entry-level jobs for unskilled workers, and more pressure on employers to replace people with machines. If someone cannot provide an economic benefit worth $12/hr to their employer, why on earth should their employer be paying them $13/hr...??? Likewise, if they are only offered $11/hr, then no 'law' should be passed forcing them to remain employed there - they should be free to find an employer who pays more.

So - if employees should be free to find employers who pay more, or provide better 'benefits', and go there, why does anyone think it is 'fair' for it not to be the other way around - why should employers not be free to find employees who will work for less, or settle for fewer 'benefits', and hire them instead...? What's good for the goose is good for the gander.
Doctors for Sensible Gun Laws
"first do no harm" - gun control LAWS lead to far more deaths than 'easy access' ever could.

Want REAL change? . . . . . "Boortz/Nugent in 2012 . . . ! "
Gaucho Gringo
Levergunner 2.0

Post by Gaucho Gringo »

For the first 22 years of my working career I paid over one third of my income in taxes and was smiling about it. On the other two thirds I had a house,three cars,a truck and camper and sometimes as many as three boats. Also a wife and two kids. Then they shut down the plant and I lost my job. The boats and camper were the first thing to go and most of my guns went next and those that were left did not get shot for 20 years as I was raising kids. They were kept for self defense, not recreation. I never held a job that paid anywhere near I had been making. In the last 26 years I have barely paid any taxes and lots of years got back more than I paid in. I haven't eaten in a restaurant in over 20 years, My newest car now is over twenty years old and before I bought it over a year ago my car was made in 1970 and my truck was made in 1972. I got every bit of usable mileage out of them and they were half rusted out when they went to the scrappers. I hate it when people say a person is only worth starvation wages. They probably wouldn't last a day at all the hard jobs I have done in my life.